Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 21   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2021 Danish Royal News  (Read 62286 times)
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: October 27, 2021, 08:04:03 AM »

more

Was anyone else reminded of the cigarette burn in the bum of Mary’s pants after she celebrated a birthday with Amber Petty?  Laugh bounce
Royal Me!

Ginormous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: October 27, 2021, 08:37:10 AM »

Looks like 5 photographers behind a small barrier are the fan base.
Skirt Queen

Large Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: October 27, 2021, 02:35:07 PM »

It's official! The Schack's have no court anymore, hence I don't believe they will return to DK in the same capacity they had before - if ever. That's why Marie was given her new position at the Danish Embassy in Paris, etc.

That's so sad  Sad Crap Once Fred ascends to the throne it'll be over for them. No Bene equivalent. That's why Marie was so pissed in her interview because it was decided for them.

What does this mean exactly?  Shocked  Did they lose their titles, or was an announcement made that there is no role for them any more going forward?

At the moment, they are still members of the Royal House (= representative of the queen, with patronages, etc.) and will always belong to the Royal Family (Royal House + other family members). Neither Joachim nor Marie have a private secretary anymore. There is no Chamberlain for Joachim, and Marie lost her LiW a while ago.

Royal House currently is:
- Daisy
- Fred/Yrma
- Joachim/Marie
- Benedikte

Xtian's wife will be still HRH, maybe the other 3 kids' spouses as well. The Schack children will always be HH, but their spouses will be Mr./Ms. no more title for them. And they of course keep Count/Countess of Monpezat.

> Joachim Holger Waldemar Christian, Prince of Denmark, Count of Monpezat
> Marie Agathe Odile, Her Royal Highness Princess of Denmark, Countess of Monpezat
> Nikolai William Alexander Frederik, His Highness Prince of Denmark, Count of Monpezat
> Felix Henrik Valdemar Christian, His Highness Prince of Denmark, Count of Monpezat
> Henrik Carl Joachim Alain, His Highness Prince of Denmark, Count of Monpezat
> Athena Marguerite Françoise Marie, Her Highness Princess of Denmark, Countess of Monpezat

They never lose their title, but once Fred ascends to the throne with Yrma in tow, and their kids grow up, Joachim and Marie will have fewer patronages, if any, and won't represent the King (Fred). I believe that it's up to Fred as King to decide over Joachim's allowance. Daisy gave Bene one, still does, but if Yrma has a go at Fred, that might be over for the Schack's then.

Fred/Mary will always, keep their patronages, and when Xtian comes up in ages he will have to take some over either from Fred, Bene, or Joachim. It's what the Swedes have, and the Dutch and the Brits will do as well.

The royal throne sequence officially is:

1) HM The Queen
 2) HRH The Crown Prince
 3) HRH Prince Christian
 4) HRH Princess Isabella
 5) HRH Prince Vincent
 6) HRH Princess Josephine
 7) HRH Prince Joachim
 Cool HH Prince Nikolai
 9) HH Prince Felix
10) HH Prince Henrik
11) HH Princess Athena
12) HRH Princess Benedikte

Thank you for this explanation! I see that the future Mr/Mrs of Joachim's children won't have titles, but will Joachim's future grandchildren have HRH/titles like their parents (e.g., Princess Athena's)?
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: October 27, 2021, 02:47:57 PM »

This seems even more radical than the Dutch approach to Willem-Alexander's accession to the throne.

The Netherlands has a distinction between the Royal House and the Royal Family. The Royal House Membership Act states who is a member of the Royal House.

Members of the Royal House are:

the King (or Queen Regnant);
the abdicated King (Queen);
the legal descendants of King Willem I who are related to the (current) King/ Queen in the 1st or 2nd degree and who are eligible for succession to the throne;
the spouses of the above-mentioned members;
those who are part of the Royal House under the transitional arrangement of the Royal House Members Act.

Since 2002, the Royal House Membership Act stipulates that those who are relatives of the King up to the 2nd degree and who are heirs, belong to the Royal House. The King or Queen who has renounced the monarchy is also a member of the Royal House. The spouses, widows and widowers of the above-mentioned members of the Royal House also hold the membership. Princess Margriet and her husband keep their membership according to the rules of the old law (relative in the 3rd degree).

Current members Royal House

The Royal House currently has the following 10 members:

King Willem Alexander
Queen Maxima
Princess Beatrix (former Queen Regnant)
The Princess of Orange (Amalia)
Princess Alexia
Princess Ariane
Prince Constantijn (younger brother WA)
Princess Laurentien (wife of Constantijn)
Princess Margriet (younger sister of Beatrix)
Prof. dr. mr. Pieter van Vollenhoven (husband of Margriet)

Since King Willem-Alexander took office, the children of Prince Constantijn and Princess Laurentien and Princes Maurits and Bernhard and their wives have lost membership of the Royal House. The 3 children of Prince Constantijn and Princess Laurentien do retain their succession rights during the reign of King Willem-Alexander.

Members of the Royal House will also lose their membership if:

they lose Dutch citizenship;
dismissal is granted by Royal Decree;
they marry without the consent of parliament.

Princesses Irene (1939) and Christina (1947-2019) (both younger sisters of Beatrix), Prince Friso (1968-2013) (deceased younger brother of WA) and Princes Pieter-Christiaan (1972) and Floris (1975) (sons of Margriet & Pieter) were married without Parliament's permission. They are therefore not (or have not been) members of the Royal House.
Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: October 27, 2021, 03:19:45 PM »

I am sure that Joachim and Marie will be very happy staying on in France.
Konradin

Small Member

Argentina Argentina

“Après moi le déluge”

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: October 27, 2021, 04:41:15 PM »

It makes sense to reduce the DRF, other countries did as well, C-G in Sweden had issues for trying to keep all his grandchildren until a change needed to be done, UK already discussed that, in Spain this was managed years ago, Norway does not have such a huge family for that to be an issue, plus being Martha Louise a woman her children won't be HRH/HH so that was never an issue, Haakon and M-M will sure have this at some point with Sverre Magnus but again, it makes sense. Daisy is currently the only monarch that changes in between more than 3 residences given the season, she has several palaces at her disposal and move the court with her during each time, the only one that still does that is Queen Elizabeth with Windsor, Buckingham, Balmoral, and Sandringham, and Prince Charles already discussed it won't change while her mother lives but it surely will once he ascends the throne. The old generation might retain a few perks but the idea is to downsize as much as possible as to not allow tax and spend discussions NOBODY wants their subjects to have.
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: October 27, 2021, 04:56:52 PM »

In our modern society royality is something traditional, but it does not really make sense. It would get more acceptance if the royal family is small, business like with occasional glam (weddings, christenings) ... I think that is what is happening. If the ruling monarch has four children in the next generation there will be no "side shows".
Mariola

Small Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: October 27, 2021, 05:38:31 PM »

I am not so big a fan of pastel colours but at least Mary makes an effort. I am glad also that her hair still can make nice updos.
editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: October 27, 2021, 11:21:56 PM »

That "color" (and I use that word very loosely...) does Mary absolutely no favors; it might've looked great in a rich jewel tone. Marie's "understated glam" look is much better.

A Citizen not a Subject

Warned
Large Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: October 27, 2021, 11:39:04 PM »

I find it interesting that with every other RF there are complaints about the "spare" and how they should be stripped of titles and get a real job........

Like them or not, F&M are the CP couple, with four children to follow, and Christian is almost an adult. Marge still has plenty of time left in her. Bene having a role is a carry over from the old days, rather like the Kents and Gloucesters in the UK. Every RF is "slimming down" and the DRF is no exception.
I agree. Quite rightly, the attitude seems to be that CP and Sofia, for example, should suck it up as they’re not the heir couple, but there are twice as many offspring in front of Joachim in the line of succession than there are in front of CP, so barring catastrophe, he’s constitutionally irrelevant now.

Good for them that they appear to be making a real life for themselves in France.

I live in hope that one day I will be able to elect my Head of State.
Konradin

Small Member

Argentina Argentina

“Après moi le déluge”

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: October 28, 2021, 01:26:45 PM »

Denmark is a little country, Daisy is still active, if less so. Fred and Mary could easily cover the rest, while still Marie and Joachim the minor ones but that won't last much longer, soon Christian will be fully launched into events, and so would Isabelle, then, sure, they would be irrelevant. Sweden still has Victoria and Daniel for all the side shows, whenever CG and Sylvia cannot attend, CP and Sofia for the minor ones, and Magdalene is living mostly her own life at this point. It depends pretty much on the monarchy, most of them are OK, then you have the other ones, Spain has mostly old people and few spares, Felipe and Letizia do most things, Sofía still attends much, Elena for minor ones while she mostly live her own life, and Leonor is gently breaking into a couple of events. And then, the worst of all, UK, The Queen is really old, and finally having health issues, Charles and Camilla are still active but they cannot travel as much as they did, plus they need to remain in England just in case given how much he deputize for HM, given what happened in the family, you have William and Catherine, and Wessex for travels abroad England, and Anne, that is it. Most of them are over 60 so... I guess the need to launch the Cambridge kids would get higher as the years go by. It pretty much depends on the amount of events, and the UK has a lot of them.
Princess MS

Warned
Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: October 28, 2021, 02:22:04 PM »

I find it interesting that with every other RF there are complaints about the "spare" and how they should be stripped of titles and get a real job........

Like them or not, F&M are the CP couple, with four children to follow, and Christian is almost an adult. Marge still has plenty of time left in her. Bene having a role is a carry over from the old days, rather like the Kents and Gloucesters in the UK. Every RF is "slimming down" and the DRF is no exception.
I agree. Quite rightly, the attitude seems to be that CP and Sofia, for example, should suck it up as they’re not the heir couple, but there are twice as many offspring in front of Joachim in the line of succession than there are in front of CP, so barring catastrophe, he’s constitutionally irrelevant now.

Good for them that they appear to be making a real life for themselves in France.

If someone has a title at birth then they should keep it .... I’m not suggesting that CP should be Crown Prince now but still Prince as should his younger sister

But for the future generations I’m not so sure.....

To me it seems like the Euro deposed lot that will cling onto anything and hopefully find children of rich people who will trade that for money
ralf103

Huge Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: October 28, 2021, 03:08:01 PM »

I think its common sense to have the fewest "working royals" as needed (bearing in mind the size and extent of the duties each Royal House has to meet  e.g. the Windsors also have the Commonwealth to represent at times). The interesting thing here with Joachim and Marie is that the implication, certainly from Marie, seems to be its wasn't entirely their choice. We are in a time when many royal houses are having to shift from the idea they can have countless members to needing a smaller model.
Hermione

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: October 28, 2021, 03:08:39 PM »

Awkward arrival

https://www.instagram.com...IPW/?utm_medium=copy_link

Princess MS

Warned
Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: October 28, 2021, 03:20:32 PM »

I think its common sense to have the fewest "working royals" as needed (bearing in mind the size and extent of the duties each Royal House has to meet  e.g. the Windsors also have the Commonwealth to represent at times). The interesting thing here with Joachim and Marie is that the implication, certainly from Marie, seems to be its wasn't entirely their choice. We are in a time when many royal houses are having to shift from the idea they can have countless members to needing a smaller model.

When Marie married him he was no longer the spare .... in reality she should have had no expectations of a life long nice life at the expense of the taxpayers.... that they were allowed to have that for many years was a benefit but I’m sure there was a plan in place to get Jokke skilled up to be independent... and I’m sure his father probably provided for them ... perhaps the French property?
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 21   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: