Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 21   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2021 Danish Royal News  (Read 56454 times)
Princess MS

Warned
Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: September 18, 2021, 12:20:53 PM »

Marge is not stupid, she has to freeze out Marie, no matter how attached she is to her because if Marie and Mary are in the same events too often, a lot of people might notice that Marie would also make a lovely Queen  Whistle. Same goes for Jokke - someone might notice that he is King material (at least better than his brother).

I think they don't want to create a Swedish situation with crown princess + shadow crown prince (CP). A lot of republican Swedish people might fear if there are five royal children they have to feed in future (Victorias and CPs) - in the case of the DFR that would be eight children in the next generation, if everyone was a "professional royal".

When Vic was born the change in inheritance legislation was already under way but clearly nowhere near being finalised. CG had an expectation that a boy born as CP would not be stripped of the title etc ... ie next generation. It did not happen. As for Marge ... Fred was born CP and nothing would change that .... luckily for Denmark his first child was a son.  So anay issue of a daughter being recognised over a son is decades away.

Would Jokke be "better" ? With his health issues he is better off in private life
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: September 18, 2021, 11:31:52 PM »

Well, let's put it this way: Frodo perceives himself as an active and sporty youngish man and it sadly jumps his attention that most men his age work 40+ hours a week, raise a family, cut the grass in the family's home ... For Frodo's sake: let's hope they are busy with their lawns and that they don't follow royality closely or they might notice how little he works compared to them  Whistle. That is what makes Jokke and Marie so "dangerous" - they are just way more pleasant than Mary and Frodo.

So Marge must be aware she might not reach EII biblical age and she set boundaries that they at least do not have opposition from their own family. You saw in the Netherlands how little it takes to suddenly loose popularity.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: October 05, 2021, 11:02:07 PM »

October 5
The DRF attended the opening of the Danish Parliament
All, except the Shack's, were present at the opening of the working year 2021 of the Danish Parliament (Folketinget) in the Folketing Hall at Christiansborg Palace. The opening of the Danish Parliament takes place on the first Tuesday in October and is the beginning of the new legislative year.

« Last Edit: October 05, 2021, 11:41:11 PM by PeDe » Logged

editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: October 05, 2021, 11:22:22 PM »

Daisy and Bene look good. So does Mary's bouquet Wink
Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: October 05, 2021, 11:38:40 PM »

I wouldn’t mind seeing Mary go dark again with her hair.
Isabel

Small Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: October 06, 2021, 06:23:58 AM »

I wouldn’t mind seeing Mary go dark again with her hair.

I wouldn't mind seeing Mary having silver/lighter streaks well blended.  I think she will look good.  The copper is too brassy with her dark hair which ages her. The older we get the less brassy colours we need.
Paige

Baby Member

Hong Kong Hong Kong

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: October 06, 2021, 06:48:54 AM »

new brooch?

getafix

Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: October 06, 2021, 07:08:52 AM »

Daisy and Bene look good. So does Mary's bouquet Wink

Beer Star

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: October 06, 2021, 08:37:13 AM »

Mary looks to be letting herself go grey. Good thing!
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: October 06, 2021, 11:28:03 AM »

Whats up with Mary wearing pants to that event? The top part is lovely, and as far as a pant suit goes, this is quite ok. I am just surprised  Thinking. A slim skirt would fit this jacket very nicely, it would be an appropriate (albeit boring) outfit.
Perhaps she wanted to cover her legs... carpet burns? Sclerosis of her spider veins?

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
leatherface

Gigantic Member

Nigeria Nigeria

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: October 06, 2021, 03:12:41 PM »

Damn! Mosh looks older than Benedikte.
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: October 06, 2021, 05:21:30 PM »

Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: October 06, 2021, 07:53:45 PM »

I am amazed she didn't step on those hems!
ralf103

Huge Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: October 06, 2021, 08:20:44 PM »

I saw a video on one of the Danish newspaper websites and it sounded like the crowd - or parts of it  at least - were booing the RF when they arrived at the Opening of Parliament.
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: October 06, 2021, 09:53:01 PM »

I can imagine that Marge has a lot of public support because of nostalgia and because "she has always been there". It is the same as with QII. Frodo has done near to nothing to convince his people that he has fun doing his job or that he will be a competent leader. Same problem as in Denmark: He and Mares often come across as a bit snobbish like taking the kids out of school to go to Switzerland for half a year. I can imagine that a lot of Danish people don't question Marge but this will change once she has passed on.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 21   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: