Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2021 Marie - NEWS & EVENTS  (Read 32121 times)
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: November 09, 2021, 11:06:35 PM »

TR: Princess Mary is utterly unbearable and France has offered us sanctuary.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: November 11, 2021, 10:28:52 PM »

MISSED EVENT

October 22
Marie attended the opening of the exhibition 'Skin Carpet' by Danish artist FOS at Le Bicolore in Paris.
Skin Carpet is the first solo exhibition in France by Danish artist FOS (Thomas Poulsen; b. 1971, lives and works in Copenhagen and Venice).

His artistic practice moves across genres, encompassing sculpture, installation, architecture, design, and music. Since the beginning of the 2000s, his works have been exploring how the aesthetic language of objects and spaces can define us as social beings.⁠

The exhibition title is an invented word that encodes a dual meaning referring to double space. On the one hand, it references the haptic experience of human touch on dissonant but smooth surfaces, such as skins and carpets. On the other, it relates to materials whose predominant task is to wrap and frame something else.⁠

Skin Carpet is produced with the support of Statens Kunstfond, Ny Carlsbergfondet, in partnership with NILS STÆRK, FOS STUDIO, Copenhagen Distillery, and Immersive Stories.

Cordelia Fitzgerald

Large Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: November 12, 2021, 01:52:02 AM »

Teaching Art History is helping me learn to appreciate modern art more, but that exhibit is beyond what I can appreciate or understand at this point.  Crazy

Did Marie dress to match the colors of it on purpose?  Thinking
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: November 20, 2021, 09:12:29 PM »

November 18
DR documentary on Food Waste with Princess Marie, which will be broadcast on November 23 and 30, 2021

suriv suriv

Baby Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: November 24, 2021, 01:30:24 AM »

Greetings my Dears  Hug

A gift to all of you!

I've managed to find a full version of the TV documentary “Princess Marie’s fight against food waste”! And it’s indeed lovely.

It’s in Danish, but it still has a lot of great footage.

Enjoy:

Part 1:
https://www.dr.dk/drtv/ep...mider-ogsaa-mad-ud_283330

Part 2:
https://www.dr.dk/drtv/ep...-men-han-forsoeger_283808

If you cannot see it in your country, use the Tunnelbear free trial to see it: https://www.tunnelbear.com

Big fan of HRH Princess Marie of Denmark.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: November 24, 2021, 07:49:46 AM »

It was so cute, I loved to see her interaction with Athena, Henrik & Joachim at home. Their apartment is in an old neighborhood, and the house is just amazing.

Unfortunately, there were no subtitles, but you get the gist when looking at both videos. She is so lovely when talking to the school children. When you watch from the US you have to use some kind of VPN. It seemed almost too short.

Here are more photos

You'll get more blingis  Star when time allows, suriv suriv

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: November 24, 2021, 09:54:03 PM »

November 24
In the programs, Marie and TV host and chef Timm Vladimir, visit a Danish public school, where Marie teaches students about food waste by picking up old vegetables and turning them into a gala dinner. for the parents.
In addition, the show also follows the daily life of Marie in Paris, the French capital, where the fight against food waste is also part of everyday life.

- "The fight against food waste is one of Her Royal Highness' flagships, and the Princess has for several years been committed to treating food with respect and to teaching children and young people, among others, to avoid food waste".

- "My interest in food waste goes back to my childhood. From my French background and my upbringing. My mother was really good at making sure all food ended up in our stomachs and not in the trash. She was good and creative, and she was good at inventing new dishes from leftover food, so she showed us the right approach to food and respect for food."

Marie commends how her mother worked tackling the challenge of food waste for years. It has made a big impression on her, who wants to show her own children how to get the most out of food.

- "It is our responsibility as adults to show our womb that we of course use all the food we have bought so that they know and understand that food is a precious resource", says Princess Marie and continues.

- "Children are the future, and they are the ones who can make the difference, and they are the ones who benefit from the sustainable future", which shows how Mary and Joachim teach their own children, how to get the most out of food and ingredients.

After the television premiere of the documentary "Princess Marie's Fight Against Food Waste" last night on DR1, praise for Marie is pouring in:

- "It's great to see how much Marie with Prince Joachim and the couple's children, Prince Henrik and Princess Athena, love being together shopping, cooking, and dining at home in the little manor house of the little family in Paris, the French capital. "

- "Have met HRH Princess Marie in real life and am a big fan of her."

- "Sweet and natural princess with an appealing and infectious approach to what she wants to share regarding food waste"

- "I am a Republican, but wonderful people, with warmth, care and an important cause I always support! Well done Marie - you seem to be a very warm and likable person"

- "She is fantastic! We are lucky with some fantastic representatives of Denmark. I'm a fan"

- "I didn't understand a word, but am charmed by this family."

- Super good documentary. Finally a royal who is trying to do something for the environment.

The Danes are just blown away by Marie, as evidenced by the many happy comments on social media from the Royal Family:

- "Really a good broadcast with important messages"

- "Glad to see Princess Marie on TV, and also her sweet family"

- "Bravo Marie - you seem to be a very warm and friendly person"

- "Princess Marie is super cool"

- "How just sweet and beautiful, a princess who is passionate about a message that we can all learn something from"

- "Would like to see her and her beautiful family on Danish soil again soon"

- "An amazing woman"

- "most beautiful princess in the Danish royal family

- "Beautiful broadcasts with a dedicated princess"

- Saw the program and I am deeply impressed by HkH Princess Marie. She is both knowledgeable in the field, interesting to listen to and at the same time brilliant and calmly relaxed."

- "Heartfelt thanks for the good message produced in an excellent nice way"

- Thank you very much, Princess Marie, for the warm heart and a big thank you to their Royal Highness for a formidable job"

Several also note that Princess Marie, born in France, has a very good command of the difficult Danish language:

- "Marie speaks Danish very well, it's incredible - bravo Marie"

- "I'm completely blown away by her fantastic Danish pronunciation, she's amazing"

- "I just see the program, and how Marie is good at speaking Danish, it's unbelievable - well done Marie"

- Really nice broadcast. Think everyone she met must have been drawn to her sweet and lovely demeanor. Also impressed with how incredibly nice she speaks Danish, not easy in relation to the French language."

- "Really a good program, must praise the Princess for her beautiful Danish language!"

- "A pleasure to see and especially to hear Princess Marie speak in a fine, perfect and fluent Danish language."
« Last Edit: November 24, 2021, 10:12:25 PM by PeDe » Logged

pocahontas

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: November 25, 2021, 07:28:28 AM »

It was so cute, I loved to see her interaction with Athena, Henrik & Joachim at home. Their apartment is in an old neighborhood, and the house is just amazing.

Unfortunately, there were no subtitles, but you get the gist when looking at both videos. She is so lovely when talking to the school children. When you watch from the US you have to use some kind of VPN. It seemed almost too short.

I didn't understand a word of it, but even I could observe the following about Marie:

1. She speaks Danish with ease. Her conversations with the students and others in Danish seemed natural. She reacted to them as expected and quickly. No pausing because she didn't understand or needed to figure out how to say something. The whole thing was in Danish except for the interactions with the grocer in Paris.
2. The family speaks Danish at home (maybe that was for show), but the family interactions seem very natural. It's hard to get young kids to "act" so it all seemed real to me.
3. It was nice to get a glimpse of them at home. We rarely see that among royals. Their apartment is cozy and simple - not opulent. It looks very comfortable.
3. She and Joachim have a comfortable relationship. I didn't sense any tension or awkwardness between them.
4. Marie is deep into this cause. She has taken related trips overseas and gets hands on in events in Denmark. She doesn't just show up to cut ribbons or show off her latest designer acquisitions. In fact, her clothes looked unremarkable: always appropriate for the activity, but they didn't stand out.
5. Marie is very warm and seems very approachable. All who meet her seem at ease and she doesn't look aloof. She seems to engage quite a bit with the people she meets. More than a hello and a handshake.

I do envy her Parisian lifestyle. She lives in a charming neighborhood. I'd love to shop at local markets and shops that I can walk to, but out in the suburbs where I live, those are few and far between.

Is this apartment they're living in the DRF's private apartment in Paris? Or is it one J&M acquired themselves?

Does anyone know the dish they cooked and ate for dinner in the end? Just curious to know if that was a typical Danish or French meal.
getafix

Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: November 25, 2021, 11:09:39 AM »

I didn't understand a word of it, but even I could observe the following about Marie:

1. She speaks Danish with ease. Her conversations with the students and others in Danish seemed natural. She reacted to them as expected and quickly. No pausing because she didn't understand or needed to figure out how to say something. The whole thing was in Danish except for the interactions with the grocer in Paris.
2. The family speaks Danish at home (maybe that was for show), but the family interactions seem very natural. It's hard to get young kids to "act" so it all seemed real to me.
3. It was nice to get a glimpse of them at home. We rarely see that among royals. Their apartment is cozy and simple - not opulent. It looks very comfortable.
3. She and Joachim have a comfortable relationship. I didn't sense any tension or awkwardness between them.
4. Marie is deep into this cause. She has taken related trips overseas and gets hands on in events in Denmark. She doesn't just show up to cut ribbons or show off her latest designer acquisitions. In fact, her clothes looked unremarkable: always appropriate for the activity, but they didn't stand out.
5. Marie is very warm and seems very approachable. All who meet her seem at ease and she doesn't look aloof. She seems to engage quite a bit with the people she meets. More than a hello and a handshake.

I do envy her Parisian lifestyle. She lives in a charming neighborhood. I'd love to shop at local markets and shops that I can walk to, but out in the suburbs where I live, those are few and far between.

Is this apartment they're living in the DRF's private apartment in Paris? Or is it one J&M acquired themselves?

Does anyone know the dish they cooked and ate for dinner in the end? Just curious to know if that was a typical Danish or French meal.

Star and one for suriv suriv Star

why is the wrong woman always not the CP of Denmark  Snare

Blink

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
Skirt Queen

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: November 26, 2021, 02:07:28 PM »

I don't speak/understand Danish, but I really enjoyed watching this documentary. Sometimes you don't need to know a foreign language to get a good impression of someone like I did with Marie. Also, I feel like I heard her say "Smells soo good!" (in English) when she sits down with the school children.
suriv suriv

Baby Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: November 26, 2021, 09:51:39 PM »

You'll get more blingis  Star when time allows, suriv suriv

Hug Hug

Star and one for suriv suriv Star

Hug Hug

Big fan of HRH Princess Marie of Denmark.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: November 30, 2021, 01:52:50 AM »

November 29
Danish actor impressed with Princess Marie: 'She is an insanely good company'
The 41-year-old actor, who is currently working as a physics teacher in TV 2's new Christmas calendar 'Kometernes Jul', talks about his meeting with Queen Margrethe. On October 26, His Majesty invited the Danish film industry to a ball at Fredensborg Castle, and here were Martin Greis-Rosenthal and his wife, actress Katrine Greis-Rosenthal, namely on the guest list along with names like Trine Dyrholm, Sidse Babett Knudsen, and Anders Matthesen.

- "It is as if in these years I am allowed to tick several big things," says Martin Greis-Rosenthal, referring to the constellation Christmas calendar debut and queens ball.

For the cultural ball, the entire royal family was present, and Martin Greis-Rosenthal makes no secret of the fact that it was a great experience to meet them all. The company was located at a large number of round tables, where the Queen had, among others, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Esben Smed, Minister of Culture Ane-Halsboe Jørgensen, and Thomas Vinterberg at the table.

Unfortunately, Martin Greis-Rosenthal did not share a table with some royals. but got to talk a little with Princess Marie.

- "There were court ladies placed at all the tables who made sure that one could greet the queen when she came by. I was also greeted by Princess Marie and got to talk with her. She is incredibly nice and insanely good company".

Sofie Gråbøl was allowed to sit next to Prince Joachim, and she mentioned that he was the ideal table partner.

- "It was a very beautiful evening, it was a very generous evening. He was unbelievably excited to talk to and he is an amazingly sweet person", said Sofie Gråbøl.

somebody is impressed with the Schack's.  Tongue Nice to hear that they are lovely people.

Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #162 on: December 01, 2021, 11:32:45 AM »

Her Danish is very good. I think they speak more French at home now where they live in Paris, but you can hear that Athena is fully bilingual so Danish is still definitely spoken.

I didn’t hear the name of the dish, they ate but it was a French one.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: December 01, 2021, 07:33:42 PM »

December 1
Marie has given a virtual speech on World Aids Day
As Patron of the Danish Aids Foundation,  Marie has recorded a video message for today's World AIDS Day and has presented the new book of the Danish AIDS Foundation "When death was canceled - 40 years of AIDS". Marie has written the foreword to the book.

VIDEO HERE

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: