Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2021 Danish Royal News  (Read 44332 times)
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Today at 04:20:54 PM »

I think its common sense to have the fewest "working royals" as needed (bearing in mind the size and extent of the duties each Royal House has to meet  e.g. the Windsors also have the Commonwealth to represent at times). The interesting thing here with Joachim and Marie is that the implication, certainly from Marie, seems to be its wasn't entirely their choice. We are in a time when many royal houses are having to shift from the idea they can have countless members to needing a smaller model.

When Marie married him he was no longer the spare .... in reality she should have had no expectations of a life long nice life at the expense of the taxpayers.... that they were allowed to have that for many years was a benefit but Iím sure there was a plan in place to get Jokke skilled up to be independent... and Iím sure his father probably provided for them ... perhaps the French property?

I don't believe she had the expectation "of a life-long nice life at the expense of the taxpayers", what she had is the expectation to stay in the new country that she then started to call home, and as she was told to work for the DRF.

What they certainly didn't expect, is to be shoved into exile France, to give the main branch to shine. It was clear as soon as Marie appeared on the screen that she was the polar opposite of Mary, warm, engaging, genuine and truly engaged, and interested in her patronages. The grey men could have done that bit in a decent manner, slowly pulling them back from the limelight, and having them their jobs. The Dutch are doing it fabulously. And the same was/is going on with Bene.

But then I guess as long as the Schack's remain in DK, the contrast of Joachim and Marie would have always been in competition to the Derf's.

leatherface

Gigantic Member

Nigeria Nigeria

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Today at 05:08:20 PM »

I think its common sense to have the fewest "working royals" as needed (bearing in mind the size and extent of the duties each Royal House has to meet  e.g. the Windsors also have the Commonwealth to represent at times). The interesting thing here with Joachim and Marie is that the implication, certainly from Marie, seems to be its wasn't entirely their choice. We are in a time when many royal houses are having to shift from the idea they can have countless members to needing a smaller model.

When Marie married him he was no longer the spare .... in reality she should have had no expectations of a life long nice life at the expense of the taxpayers.... that they were allowed to have that for many years was a benefit but Iím sure there was a plan in place to get Jokke skilled up to be independent... and Iím sure his father probably provided for them ... perhaps the French property?

I don't believe she had the expectation "of a life-long nice life at the expense of the taxpayers", what she had is the expectation to stay in the new country that she then started to call home, and as she was told to work for the DRF.

What they certainly didn't expect, is to be shoved into exile France, to give the main branch to shine. It was clear as soon as Marie appeared on the screen that she was the polar opposite of Mary, warm, engaging, genuine and truly engaged, and interested in her patronages. The grey men could have done that bit in a decent manner, slowly pulling them back from the limelight, and having them their jobs. The Dutch are doing it fabulously. And the same was/is going on with Bene.

But then I guess as long as the Schack's remain in DK, the contrast of Joachim and Marie would have always been in competition to the Derf's.

I completely agree with this.

I think Marie's level of bitterness at their current situation is due to the fact that neither Joachim or her were consulted or carried along when the grey men cooked up this arrangement. The aim of this arrangement is a good thing but it seems Marge and the grey men went about it the wrong way.

From my vantage point it looks like the Schacks got a cold call from the Amalienborg switch board laying out the new order, informing them that it began effective immediately and wishing them good luck in their future endeavours.

This is a shitty way of handling things even if the grey men are in the right. Bringing the Schacks in on this would have gone a long way to smooth emotions over and it could have given them a sense of ownership and investment in this plan for the future of the DRF.
periwinkle

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Today at 05:19:22 PM »

The gray men probably saw the writing on the wall that Mary and Fred can't compete with Joachim and his family. I bet Marge blessed it because while she may not prefer Fred and Mary they are the direct heirs. So now it is formalized that the spare and his wife go to France after they wouldn't live quietly in the countryside and sold that house which tied Joachim to a life of farming not really what he wanted at the end of the day. I think Marie was happy to be his wife in any context but an unleashed city dwelling family with four kids was a threat to Fred and Mary's eventual ascendancy to the top spot so out to France they went and will stay. I like that Marie has been firm with her distaste for the arrangement and I'm pleased that she still comes to Copenhagen to do work with her charities.
Mariola

Mini Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Today at 06:30:31 PM »

Is it possible also that being a princess in France does not have the same cachet and so Marie is unhappy.

I would see it as a good thing that they have recognised roles and job titles now and not be just spares. Also it is so good for the children.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: