Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 28   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2021 Mary - NEWS & EVENTS  (Read 99656 times)
periwinkle

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #360 on: June 18, 2021, 06:13:32 PM »

Agree. You wonder if she has her own personality or feels she has anything to offer. I mean it's clear something is off but if everyone's ok with proceeding like this okaaaaaaay. I'd like her to get an extreme but flattering makeover that seems more aligned with who she is as best as anyone can tell. a sporty lady a little on the butch side. I think she might find it freeing. And it would make flowery flow-y dresses look better on her.
pocahontas

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #361 on: June 20, 2021, 07:03:57 AM »

She seems very self conscious here. This hairstyle is even worse than the Copy-Kate cocker spaniel curls. I don't like that bob on Mary. I think she would look dynamite in a really short cut that was full on top and showed her neck. I think that kind of cut that moves a bit allows her to have the longer bits on top finger-curled or natural (does she have a natural wave?) and would suit her masculine sporty girl look. It could be swept back and chic or loose and full around the face but mostly be very easy to take care of and make her look easy she is always tense or self conscious and it is hard to look at. She must be hard to be around.

She did a whole body Copy-Kate. Even down to the facial expressions. 

This is next level creepy.

Mary wore the half-up hairstyle sometimes when she was younger, but more often put her hair in a bun (which Kate rarely does), a pony tail, or straight down. But Kate often wears the half-up. So we see Mary doing it more now.  It's too severe for her aging face.

And here Mary does the Kate thing with her hands. Kate doesn't get that she could hang her hands at her sides so she does this girly, demure "I'm holding a clutch purse" with her hands even though she isn't. And Mary copied it as soon as Kate became royal.

Very creepy.

pocahontas

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #362 on: June 20, 2021, 07:07:01 AM »

Agree. You wonder if she has her own personality or feels she has anything to offer. I mean it's clear something is off but if everyone's ok with proceeding like this okaaaaaaay. I'd like her to get an extreme but flattering makeover that seems more aligned with who she is as best as anyone can tell. a sporty lady a little on the butch side. I think she might find it freeing. And it would make flowery flow-y dresses look better on her.

"a sporty lady a little on the butch side"? That would be Charlene and her stylist figured out a style that works for her long ago. Charlene wears mostly modern, sleek clothes - mostly by Akris. She could afford any high end designer if she was obsessed with being seen in the most famous labels, but Akris suits her. Charlene doesn't do girly styles.
Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #363 on: June 20, 2021, 12:47:15 PM »

And Charlene is tall and could wear those designer clothes. I like that she wears what she feels comfortable in and not the latest trends. Mary could benefit from a better stylist.
periwinkle

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #364 on: June 20, 2021, 04:50:37 PM »

"a sporty lady a little on the butch side"? That would be Charlene and her stylist figured out a style that works for her long ago. Charlene wears mostly modern, sleek clothes - mostly by Akris. She could afford any high end designer if she was obsessed with being seen in the most famous labels, but Akris suits her. Charlene doesn't do girly styles.

I'm not sure if you are making fun of my description of Mary or even disagreeing with me on the Mary side of things. I think sporty is what Mary tries to be she is certainly not Charlene's level I mean she is an actual Olympian. But Mary tries to project a sporty image and given all the attention she pays to running and other outdoor activities combined with her being more comfortable and looking more herself in casual pants and a much more androgynous style yes I think she is kind of butch. I think a flowy softer haircut maybe not unlike Charlene's longer styles (not the shaved head or New Wave looking stuff) would really look good and be more "her". Both women seem to suit that even if they are different from each other.
shoshanah

Ginormous Member

New Zealand New Zealand

getting ready for a date with Shosh

Ignore
« Reply #365 on: June 20, 2021, 06:14:29 PM »

If Mary ever figures out who she is, then she will have an according style.  However she does not.  Sometimes she lucks out in clean lines suits and dresses without fuss but I believe that is just luck.

Mary has always gone for what is popular and trendy - she became a princess and bought every Prada and Gucci bag and sunglasses.  Kate came on the scene and Mary has copied every since.  The overly long hair, the hand poses, the similar floral dresses.  Kate is younger and slimmer and happier and can carry off those things, and Mary would rather be a discount Kate than accept that she is older, broader built, and too self-conscious to carry those off. 

The overly long and curled hair that looks nice on Kate looks fake on Mary.  The flowery dresses that suit Kate look too frilly on Mary.  If she got her hair shorter like for Isabella's christening it would look healthier, bouncier, and she could set her own trend, but Mary is no trendsetter, she follows rather than leads.  Her style is so contrived (how many times has she ruined an outfit by adding too much crap to it?) that is asphixiates her.  If she dressed more like a Carine Roitfeld or Ines de la Fressange, with a shorter mane, cleaner styles, and maybe ONE statement piece, she would look better.

Emac0914

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #366 on: June 21, 2021, 12:08:46 AM »

She’s trying WAY too hard copying other royals - guess she and her stylists are running out of fresh ideas 🤨. 

She looks awful with her hair pulled back like that, almost as if pulling it back also pulled the skin on her face, especially her eyes.  She’s going to pay for all the nip/tucks and fillers and she’s already not aging well, never mind the wiry, thinness.  It works for Letizia but not on her!
pocahontas

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #367 on: June 21, 2021, 06:58:34 AM »

I'm not sure if you are making fun of my description of Mary or even disagreeing with me on the Mary side of things. I think sporty is what Mary tries to be she is certainly not Charlene's level I mean she is an actual Olympian. But Mary tries to project a sporty image and given all the attention she pays to running and other outdoor activities combined with her being more comfortable and looking more herself in casual pants and a much more androgynous style yes I think she is kind of butch. I think a flowy softer haircut maybe not unlike Charlene's longer styles (not the shaved head or New Wave looking stuff) would really look good and be more "her". Both women seem to suit that even if they are different from each other.
No, I'm not making fun of your description. You nailed it with the description of Mary as "a sporty lady a little on the butch side". I read that as someone with an athletic build and a more masculine persona than a feminine one. One need not be an Olympian to be sporty. Mary struck me as athletic: swimmer, biker, runner, horse rider - even if she wasn't championship caliber. Looking at pre-engagement photos of Mary, her body really was broad and sturdy not delicate. This was who she was.

But rather than embrace it and see what works for her true persona, she worked to make herself into the image of what she thought a princess should look like. She wanted to be feminine, delicate, fashionable, and always photo-ready (that includes being model thin). Hence the major weight loss which she has maintained through 4 children and middle age, the excessive beauty treatments, and the creepy copying of Kate (hair, clothes, shoes, jewelry, and the poses).

Mary should be copying someone who's more like her (Charlene) not Kate who's soooo different from her. But Kate is the more famous one and Mary is looking for an audience.
Chandrasekhi

Gigantic Member

Vanuatu Vanuatu

The Memorial Wall along the Southbank in London

Ignore
« Reply #368 on: June 21, 2021, 07:38:21 AM »

No, I'm not making fun of your description. You nailed it with the description of Mary as "a sporty lady a little on the butch side". I read that as someone with an athletic build and a more masculine persona than a feminine one. One need not be an Olympian to be sporty. Mary struck me as athletic: swimmer, biker, runner, horse rider - even if she wasn't championship caliber. Looking at pre-engagement photos of Mary, her body really was broad and sturdy not delicate. This was who she was.

But rather than embrace it and see what works for her true persona, she worked to make herself into the image of what she thought a princess should look like. She wanted to be feminine, delicate, fashionable, and always photo-ready (that includes being model thin). Hence the major weight loss which she has maintained through 4 children and middle age, the excessive beauty treatments, and the creepy copying of Kate (hair, clothes, shoes, jewelry, and the poses).

Mary should be copying someone who's more like her (Charlene) not Kate who's soooo different from her. But Kate is the more famous one and Mary is looking for an audience.

Mary looked fine before she decided she wasn't. Her self-esteem issues seem to have contributed to deteriorating relationships in her family. Max is a "giant", Queen Til and MM  are Mother Earth / Botticelli Venuses: she would have been happier had she lifted a page from their playbooks.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2021, 08:27:48 AM by Chandrasekhi » Logged

The Book Fairies are joining judges and contributors to the #HoldStill2020 project to mark the release of the beautiful book! We are leaving copies at places that gave us hope during lockdowns. #HSBookFairies #ibelieveinbookfairies
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #369 on: June 21, 2021, 11:06:53 AM »

But is she copying Kate? I mean, those dresses are all over the stores, her hair style can be seen everywhere and this half-up half down has been around for centurys and is certainly not an invention of Kate. All the royal ladies do wear similar styles: the royals in the same clothes thread has examples of Letizia and Kate, Mary and Viccan, and all of them in mixed combinations.
Perhaps they are sometimes inspired a bit, like "she had her hair like that and it looked nice, let's try it too", but I do not really believe there is any SWFing.

And now back under my rock....

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Princess MS

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #370 on: June 21, 2021, 12:26:35 PM »

But is she copying Kate? I mean, those dresses are all over the stores, her hair style can be seen everywhere and this half-up half down has been around for centurys and is certainly not an invention of Kate. All the royal ladies do wear similar styles: the royals in the same clothes thread has examples of Letizia and Kate, Mary and Viccan, and all of them in mixed combinations.
Perhaps they are sometimes inspired a bit, like "she had her hair like that and it looked nice, let's try it too", but I do not really believe there is any SWFing.

I think the prize for copying goes to the Natan ladies..... and MT passing them down.... and younger generations at wedding and other occasions
Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #371 on: June 21, 2021, 02:28:32 PM »

Mary isn't that old, why does she have saggy skin on her arms?
Chandrasekhi

Gigantic Member

Vanuatu Vanuatu

Ignore
« Reply #372 on: June 21, 2021, 02:32:42 PM »

Weren't Mary Haute Couture and Kate High Street fashion respectively when both married in? Mary was already a royal married-in for 7 years before Kate became one. She might have liked individual pieces Kate wore and that is probably where it ended. Mary definitely won the fashion stakes, IMHO,  on the first W&K visit to Denmark.

I think the prize for copying goes to the Natan ladies..... and MT passing them down.... and younger generations at wedding and other occasions
 Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

The Book Fairies are joining judges and contributors to the #HoldStill2020 project to mark the release of the beautiful book! We are leaving copies at places that gave us hope during lockdowns. #HSBookFairies #ibelieveinbookfairies
Chandrasekhi

Gigantic Member

Vanuatu Vanuatu

Ignore
« Reply #373 on: June 21, 2021, 02:35:08 PM »

Extreme dieting? I marvel at the willpower of anyone to do that but the downsides (loss of adipose tissues in essential places  Grin ) outweigh the benefits for me.

Princess MS

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #374 on: June 21, 2021, 03:00:39 PM »

Extreme dieting? I marvel at the willpower of anyone to do that but the downsides (loss of adipose tissues in essential places  Grin ) outweigh the benefits for me.

Health issues perhaps .... Im in the same situation with autoimmune issues
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 28   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: