Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2021 Mary - NEWS & EVENTS  (Read 103059 times)
periwinkle

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #375 on: June 21, 2021, 03:39:19 PM »

Agree. You wonder if she has her own personality or feels she has anything to offer. I mean it's clear something is off but if everyone's ok with proceeding like this okaaaaaaay. I'd like her to get an extreme but flattering makeover that seems more aligned with who she is as best as anyone can tell. a sporty lady a little on the butch side. I think she might find it freeing. And it would make flowery flow-y dresses look better on her.

"a sporty lady a little on the butch side"? That would be Charlene and her stylist figured out a style that works for her long ago. Charlene wears mostly modern, sleek clothes - mostly by Akris. She could afford any high end designer if she was obsessed with being seen in the most famous labels, but Akris suits her. Charlene doesn't do girly styles.

I'm not sure if you are making fun of my description of Mary or even disagreeing with me on the Mary side of things. I think sporty is what Mary tries to be she is certainly not Charlene's level I mean she is an actual Olympian. But Mary tries to project a sporty image and given all the attention she pays to running and other outdoor activities combined with her being more comfortable and looking more herself in casual pants and a much more androgynous style yes I think she is kind of butch. I think a flowy softer haircut maybe not unlike Charlene's longer styles (not the shaved head or New Wave looking stuff) would really look good and be more "her". Both women seem to suit that even if they are different from each other.
No, I'm not making fun of your description. You nailed it with the description of Mary as "a sporty lady a little on the butch side". I read that as someone with an athletic build and a more masculine persona than a feminine one. One need not be an Olympian to be sporty. Mary struck me as athletic: swimmer, biker, runner, horse rider - even if she wasn't championship caliber. Looking at pre-engagement photos of Mary, her body really was broad and sturdy not delicate. This was who she was.

But rather than embrace it and see what works for her true persona, she worked to make herself into the image of what she thought a princess should look like. She wanted to be feminine, delicate, fashionable, and always photo-ready (that includes being model thin). Hence the major weight loss which she has maintained through 4 children and middle age, the excessive beauty treatments, and the creepy copying of Kate (hair, clothes, shoes, jewelry, and the poses).

Mary should be copying someone who's more like her (Charlene) not Kate who's soooo different from her. But Kate is the more famous one and Mary is looking for an audience.

I completely understand what you are saying now and agree fully with you. Charlene should be her model not Kate. Thank you for your kind reply I appreciate your excellent opinions on fashion and royal looks. Mary does have discipline like an amazing amount so it's not like an extra effort for her but I think in her mind if Kate is more popular then she is the one to emulate not Charlene. Silly and immature to base it not on physical similarities but on who likes who. I guess also Mary is hyper aware that Kate is on the cover of the Australian magazines from time to time and that gets in her craw.
Chandrasekhi

Gigantic Member

Vanuatu Vanuatu

The Memorial Wall along the Southbank in London

Ignore
« Reply #376 on: June 21, 2021, 04:29:15 PM »

Mary isn't that old, why does she have saggy skin on her arms?
Extreme dieting? I marvel at the willpower of anyone to do that but the downsides (loss of adipose tissues in essential places  Grin ) outweigh the benefits for me.

Health issues perhaps .... Im in the same situation with autoimmune issues
Hug Hug Hug  Blush I am very sorry, Princess MS: my comment was very ill-informed and insensitive.

The Book Fairies are joining judges and contributors to the #HoldStill2020 project to mark the release of the beautiful book! We are leaving copies at places that gave us hope during lockdowns. #HSBookFairies #ibelieveinbookfairies
Mariola

Mini Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #377 on: June 21, 2021, 06:25:25 PM »

Mary wore the half-up hairstyle sometimes when she was younger, but more often put her hair in a bun (which Kate rarely does), a pony tail, or straight down. But Kate often wears the half-up. So we see Mary doing it more now.  It's too severe for her aging face.

And here Mary does the Kate thing with her hands. Kate doesn't get that she could hang her hands at her sides so she does this girly, demure "I'm holding a clutch purse" with her hands even though she isn't. And Mary copied it as soon as Kate became royal.

Very creepy.

I think Princess Victoria also tries the half-up and half-down hair, and Sophie Wessex in these past days. I don't like it on any of the ladies (and I include Kate/Catherine).

The hand thing - Letizia does this also and I have been thinking that it is because of Covid and keeping hands visible and occupied or something.

But is she copying Kate? I mean, those dresses are all over the stores, her hair style can be seen everywhere and this half-up half down has been around for centurys and is certainly not an invention of Kate. All the royal ladies do wear similar styles: the royals in the same clothes thread has examples of Letizia and Kate, Mary and Viccan, and all of them in mixed combinations.
Perhaps they are sometimes inspired a bit, like "she had her hair like that and it looked nice, let's try it too", but I do not really believe there is any SWFing.

And now back under my rock....

Hear, hear!
dKaren

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #378 on: June 21, 2021, 07:09:41 PM »

Mary wore the half-up hairstyle sometimes when she was younger, but more often put her hair in a bun (which Kate rarely does), a pony tail, or straight down. But Kate often wears the half-up. So we see Mary doing it more now.  It's too severe for her aging face.

And here Mary does the Kate thing with her hands. Kate doesn't get that she could hang her hands at her sides so she does this girly, demure "I'm holding a clutch purse" with her hands even though she isn't. And Mary copied it as soon as Kate became royal.

Very creepy.

I think Princess Victoria also tries the half-up and half-down hair, and Sophie Wessex in these past days. I don't like it on any of the ladies (and I include Kate/Catherine).

The hand thing - Letizia does this also and I have been thinking that it is because of Covid and keeping hands visible and occupied or something.

I don't see Leti did the same way as Kate or Mary with her hands. She crossed her fingers like many others, mostly in group pictures. I thought Kate was just being nervous and didn't know what to do with her hands sometimes, Mary just so creepy copied Kate  Wink.

shoshanah

Ginormous Member

New Zealand New Zealand

getting ready for a date with Shosh

Ignore
« Reply #379 on: June 21, 2021, 07:37:57 PM »

Mary didn't do some similar things until after Kate arrived on the royal scene.  Before that she was her usual camera seeking self, but different mannerisms, but now she acts like Kate. 

Charlie

Baby Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #380 on: June 23, 2021, 09:32:46 AM »

Mary must be spewing because Saint Angelina Jolie is in Burkina Faso at the moment and getting press. Mary did her Tour there once. Roll Eyes
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #381 on: June 24, 2021, 02:06:44 PM »

Mary attended Creative Denmark's launch event "Creative Summit" at the House of Industry in Copenhagen

Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #382 on: June 24, 2021, 02:42:59 PM »

This kind of blouse suits her better than those leg of mutton sleeves she sometimes wears. A simple white blouse works well.
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #383 on: June 24, 2021, 03:13:23 PM »

This kind of blouse suits her better than those leg of mutton sleeves she sometimes wears. A simple white blouse works well.

I agree, and I like the skirt too.
Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #384 on: June 25, 2021, 12:18:44 PM »

I don’t know who she is waving to, maybe a lamppost?
Chandrasekhi

Gigantic Member

Vanuatu Vanuatu

The Memorial Wall along the Southbank in London

Ignore
« Reply #385 on: June 25, 2021, 12:40:09 PM »

Lovely ensemble. Mary has gone completely chipmunk. Blink

The Book Fairies are joining judges and contributors to the #HoldStill2020 project to mark the release of the beautiful book! We are leaving copies at places that gave us hope during lockdowns. #HSBookFairies #ibelieveinbookfairies
Gemsheal

Medium Member

I make my own memes

Ignore
« Reply #386 on: June 25, 2021, 12:58:24 PM »

Lovely ensemble. Mary has gone completely chipmunk. Blink

For me, it's not so much the facial work but that HAIR.  It's so choppy, so sloppy.  Her hair needs an intervention ... it irritates me as much as Victoria's endlessly scraped back buns.

"... luscious woodbine,
With sweet musk roses and with eglantine:
There sleeps Titania sometime of the night,
Lull'd in these flowers with dances and delight."

Shakespeare - A Midsummer Night's Dream
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #387 on: June 25, 2021, 01:40:04 PM »

They forgot to photoshop her hands…
Royal Me!

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #388 on: June 25, 2021, 01:43:34 PM »

Am I seeing right ... There's only one camera?
Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #389 on: June 25, 2021, 05:24:03 PM »

I really liked the length of her hair at Isabella's christening. It looked very healthy.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: