Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 38   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2021 Mary - NEWS & EVENTS  (Read 138402 times)
Skirt Queen

Large Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #390 on: June 25, 2021, 06:27:52 PM »

They forgot to photoshop her hands…

Jumping Right?! It is crazy how she can be so thin yet have these bear paws for hands/chunky-looking fingers!
shoshanah

Ginormous Member

New Zealand New Zealand

getting ready for a date with Shosh

Ignore
« Reply #391 on: June 25, 2021, 06:33:48 PM »

That's genetics for you.  You may be emaciated but some basic structures cannot be changed unless you do surgery.

dKaren

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #392 on: June 26, 2021, 08:23:45 PM »

They forgot to photoshop her hands…

Jumping Right?! It is crazy how she can be so thin yet have these bear paws for hands/chunky-looking fingers!

Hands and arms are going together  Grin. Her upper arms are huge compared to her tiny flat upper body.
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #393 on: June 30, 2021, 03:57:14 PM »

Mary is in Paris today for the Generation Equality Forum and met with UN Women Executive Director Phumzile Mlambo-Ngcuka and UN Women Deputy Executive Director Anita Bhatia ahead of the opening ceremony

Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #394 on: June 30, 2021, 04:06:28 PM »

Arriving to the Generation Equality Forum

Cordelia Fitzgerald

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #395 on: June 30, 2021, 04:19:29 PM »

Arriving to the Generation Equality Forum

These types of skirts are so difficult to wear...Leti has one too (the green dress) and the draping and pleating and busy design just create a weird, bulky silhouette even on women who are actually quite slim.
Cordelia Fitzgerald

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #396 on: June 30, 2021, 05:34:35 PM »

I also have to say that it rubs me wrong a bit when a person who is only famous because she is married to a man is a spokeswoman for gender equality.  I know she's a royal, and their role is to bring attention to different causes, and gender equality is certainly a worth and imperative cause to highlight.  And who knows, maybe I'd be complaining if she weren't doing this! But it's just a little off-putting to see her as a face of gender equality and women's accomplishments.
Paulina

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #397 on: June 30, 2021, 05:49:08 PM »

Agreed, Cordelia.  Star
onar

Humongous Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #398 on: June 30, 2021, 05:50:56 PM »

I also have to say that it rubs me wrong a bit when a person who is only famous because she is married to a man is a spokeswoman for gender equality.  I know she's a royal, and their role is to bring attention to different causes, and gender equality is certainly a worth and imperative cause to highlight.  And who knows, maybe I'd be complaining if she weren't doing this! But it's just a little off-putting to see her as a face of gender equality and women's accomplishments.
Mary had a life and a carreer prior her wedding to Fred. She wasn't super successful but she was coping with work, as most of us do.
Many women choose (or are forced) to become stay-at-home mums after their marriage, others can go on with their carreer and job - they all have rights and most certainly the right to choose. Being a royal is based on unequality but Mary has the duty to bring attention on such matters. Would it be better if Marie had this caused? Or any other married-in?  It's the same thing.
IMO Mary does her best to contribute to the royal family, to fill in her duties and, of course, her public image supporting such causes. She has to do this. She has unimaginable privilege, undoubtedly. For me, it would be wrong to talk about poverty (just an example) but gender (un)equality lies everywhere. Let's remember the women of the swedish royal family who always wear traditional custumes in national days but the males of the family wear their ordinary clothes. Isn't this a form of unequality?

Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #399 on: June 30, 2021, 06:18:10 PM »

There was nothing wrong with Mary's life before marriage, the problem people have is how she palace beefed up her background. I would have had far more respect for her if she would have allowed the palace handlers to be more honest about her life in Sydney.
Cordelia Fitzgerald

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #400 on: June 30, 2021, 06:29:31 PM »

I wouldn't even mind if she just acknowledged the uniqueness of her situation.  Just say, "Before I married Frederik, I was a normal woman holding down a regular job with all of the challenges and balancing acts that came along with it.  But even in that situation, I know how incredibly fortunate I was to be living and working in Australia, a country with a lot more gender equality and freedom than many other places.  And while it may seem ironic that I am here in a role which I have because of the man I married, I want to choose to use my platform to highlight the urgent needs of millions of women around the world who can only dream of experiencing any of the freedoms and opportunities I've had at any stage of my life."  And then step away from the podium and hand the microphone to someone with some experience or real credentials!
onar

Humongous Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #401 on: June 30, 2021, 07:04:28 PM »

There was nothing wrong with Mary's life before marriage, the problem people have is how she palace beefed up her background. I would have had far more respect for her if she would have allowed the palace handlers to be more honest about her life in Sydney.
I agree on that but I wasn't on royal fora back then and I don't know if she didn't allow or the palace went on this direction for their own purproses.

Cordelia Fitzgerald

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #402 on: June 30, 2021, 07:45:16 PM »

I agree on that but I wasn't on royal fora back then and I don't know if she didn't allow or the palace went on this direction for their own purproses.

It hadn't occurred to me that the plural of forum was fora and I'm glad I know this!   Champagne
anastasia beaverhausen

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #403 on: June 30, 2021, 08:18:03 PM »

I wouldn't even mind if she just acknowledged the uniqueness of her situation.  Just say, "Before I married Frederik, I was a normal woman holding down a regular job with all of the challenges and balancing acts that came along with it.  But even in that situation, I know how incredibly fortunate I was to be living and working in Australia, a country with a lot more gender equality and freedom than many other places.  And while it may seem ironic that I am here in a role which I have because of the man I married, I want to choose to use my platform to highlight the urgent needs of millions of women around the world who can only dream of experiencing any of the freedoms and opportunities I've had at any stage of my life."  And then step away from the podium and hand the microphone to someone with some experience or real credentials!

Spot on Cordelia  Star

She’s like one or two other married ins who need to take a good look at their own lives before becoming a spokesperson for anything.
onar

Humongous Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #404 on: June 30, 2021, 08:37:45 PM »

It hadn't occurred to me that the plural of forum was fora and I'm glad I know this!   Champagne
I'be seen it as "forums" as well, but as a philologist I can't help myself but use the original plural in Latin. 

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 38   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: