Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 46   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2021 Mary - NEWS & EVENTS  (Read 158692 times)
onar

Humongous Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #405 on: June 30, 2021, 08:39:42 PM »

I wouldn't even mind if she just acknowledged the uniqueness of her situation.  Just say, "Before I married Frederik, I was a normal woman holding down a regular job with all of the challenges and balancing acts that came along with it.  But even in that situation, I know how incredibly fortunate I was to be living and working in Australia, a country with a lot more gender equality and freedom than many other places.  And while it may seem ironic that I am here in a role which I have because of the man I married, I want to choose to use my platform to highlight the urgent needs of millions of women around the world who can only dream of experiencing any of the freedoms and opportunities I've had at any stage of my life."  And then step away from the podium and hand the microphone to someone with some experience or real credentials!

Spot on Cordelia  Star

Sheís like one or two other married ins who need to take a good look at their own lives before becoming a spokesperson for anything.
ITA and I'd like to add that this is also applied in born royals as well. Generally speaking, nobody should lecture anybody about anything but...

Cordelia Fitzgerald

Medium Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #406 on: July 01, 2021, 03:05:47 AM »

I wouldn't even mind if she just acknowledged the uniqueness of her situation.  Just say, "Before I married Frederik, I was a normal woman holding down a regular job with all of the challenges and balancing acts that came along with it.  But even in that situation, I know how incredibly fortunate I was to be living and working in Australia, a country with a lot more gender equality and freedom than many other places.  And while it may seem ironic that I am here in a role which I have because of the man I married, I want to choose to use my platform to highlight the urgent needs of millions of women around the world who can only dream of experiencing any of the freedoms and opportunities I've had at any stage of my life."  And then step away from the podium and hand the microphone to someone with some experience or real credentials!

Spot on Cordelia  Star

Sheís like one or two other married ins who need to take a good look at their own lives before becoming a spokesperson for anything.
ITA and I'd like to add that this is also applied in born royals as well. Generally speaking, nobody should lecture anybody about anything but...

Agreed!  That's why I enjoy following royals like Mathilde and Victoria, because they seem to show up to learn and draw attention to a cause/organization/etc but they don't present themselves as experts or the voice or face of a cause.  I also like Marie's focus on anti-food waste!
dKaren

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #407 on: July 01, 2021, 05:36:48 AM »

The dress is so mediocre, the buttons are ugly. But who cares, it's Prada ! 
Hermione

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #408 on: July 01, 2021, 07:51:52 AM »

I like the dress  Secret But what pin/brooch did she wear? It looks odd with the all the buttons and dots on the dress.

The blue (linen?) suit looks interesting. Would love to see a full picture of it.

caoimhe

Baby Member

New Zealand New Zealand

Ignore
« Reply #409 on: July 01, 2021, 09:59:33 AM »

Honestly, I quite like this outfit on her. I will admit the buttons are a bit odd, but overall the dress suits her and it looks like something you'd expect a woman her age to wear (and not something like other outfits she worn which are quite over the top.) Overall I think her outfit suits her very well.
onar

Humongous Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #410 on: July 01, 2021, 11:12:54 AM »

Regarding the outfit, I 'd prefer this dress without the buttons in the middle of her chest.
Not it's too much and a bit unflattering in the area. If it had the belted part only, it would have a stronger retro character and it would look more balanced.

Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #411 on: July 22, 2021, 02:51:35 PM »

ņ propos de not very much, but: Australian film-maker John Safran just revealed that heís been told Mary was the account manager for a cigarette company, Philip Morris,  when she worked at Mojo.
chocolate_angel

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #412 on: August 17, 2021, 04:34:07 PM »

August 17
Mosh participates as a patron of UNFPA in the opening of the Human Rights Forum (15:15)

look here:
https://www.newmyroyals.c...mary-received-unfpas.html

Mosh wearing that ugly blue short overall  Dead
chocolate_angel

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #413 on: August 17, 2021, 04:36:07 PM »

August 16
Mosh  attended the opening of the Human Rights Forum at UN City Copenhagen.
look here:
https://www.kongehuset.dk...-lgbti-human-rights-forum
https://www.newmyroyals.c...-attended-opening-of.html

And again: wearing the ugly blue thing....by God, she has so many other outfits ....!
chocolate_angel

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #414 on: August 17, 2021, 04:41:41 PM »

17 August

Mosh attended the Human Rights Conference held as part of the Human Rights Forum taking place from 16 to 20 August.

Tragic choice of ugly pink trousers....what's the matter with her?
look here:
https://www.newmyroyals.c...-mary-attended-human.html
Aubiette

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #415 on: August 17, 2021, 04:44:17 PM »

It will never cease to amaze me that she works while Fred plays video games everyday or whatever it is he does. I know most of you hate her so Iím not getting into that because I donít care about her enough either way. Iím just curious how it would be if Charles, William, Felipe, or whoever never left the house while their wives did frequently. Very strange situation to me. Thatís all.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #416 on: August 17, 2021, 04:44:53 PM »

Actually I don't mind the pants, but I hate the yodel-dirndl-blouse. Well that's just me, the gentleman next to her can barely walk upright - he is laughing so hard...

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
periwinkle

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #417 on: August 17, 2021, 04:47:06 PM »

It will never cease to amaze me that she works while Fred plays video games everyday or whatever it is he does. I know most of you hate her so Iím not getting into that because I donít care about her enough either way. Iím just curious how it would be if Charles, William, Felipe, or whoever never left the house while their wives did frequently. Very strange situation to me. Thatís all.

To me she doesn't work so much as shows up to things to show off her latest acquisitions and stare at cameras. I believe it has been reported that she doesn't stay long or do much of real substance on the ground but I am happy to be mistaken. I follow the Danish royal IG and they show Fred working but he isn't wearing hideous pink pants so the blogs don't pick him up as much.
Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #418 on: August 17, 2021, 04:50:26 PM »

She needs to keep it simple, the pants are fine but a simple blouse would be best. No puffy sleeves.
Aubiette

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #419 on: August 17, 2021, 04:54:36 PM »

To me she doesn't work so much as shows up to things to show off her latest acquisitions and stare at cameras. I believe it has been reported that she doesn't stay long or do much of real substance on the ground but I am happy to be mistaken. I follow the Danish royal IG and they show Fred working but he isn't wearing hideous pink pants so the blogs don't pick him up as much.

Maybe I should follow it too. I know the ladies get more attention but it just seems like he never does anything while sheís always out and about. Off to find the Danish IG and Fred. 
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 46   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: