Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2021 Derf - News & Events  (Read 80253 times)
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: July 27, 2021, 10:25:57 AM »

sorry to ask a dumb question tho'... why did Fred take out a huge ship when he could have taken a small boat out for a day's outing.

my mind goggles at the cost of running this tanker when a small boat would ahve done the trick to keep everyone entertainined.

Izzy is going to be chunky. MEdiana won't like that

G Crap

Isnít it frightening how eating disorders get transmitted from generation to generation. Our Izzy is normal weight and letís all hope she gets messaging from all her relatives that she is beautiful as a Ďchunky adolescentí - and that the body-positive messaging continues into adulthood. ❤️LillePige ❤️

I have often wondered about how Izzy must feel about her mother's obsession with exercise and her weight, it is not healthy for a teenager to see her mum so thin and obsessed with her weight.

For me they both look ok. Isabella is a girl in puberty, where it's normal to have a bit more on the hips (btw in her case I really don't see the more).

Mary is a mother of four and in an age, where you've to be very disciplined to keep your weight. I don't think she's too thin.

I don't think Mary is much of a role model for her daughter either. They don't seem to have a close relationship. I very much doubt yhst Mary's weight concerns her. Usually as a teenager you look at models, school friends, maybe a teacher you admire...but not your mother. Least not, if you're a girl.

I agree with you, but I think that for Izzy that might last longer than just the teen years.

That's for sure.
caoimhe

Baby Member

New Zealand New Zealand

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: July 27, 2021, 10:56:07 AM »

I'll be honest Isabella looks like a perfectly healthy teenage girl, and she doesn't seem to be on the heavy side at all. I think I'd be very worried if she was incredibly thin like her mother.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: July 28, 2021, 11:00:37 AM »

When I look at todays girls I really think that there is very little middle ground.
They are either extremely thin and try to be models or they tend to be on the more chubby side.
Managing girls at that age can be very difficult. For a lot of them, eating is very much a psychological thing, be it that they feel that what they eat is about the only thing they can control in a world that is often beyond their control, bei it that they do comfort eating or the opposite, starve themselves to fit into a model they believe would be more happy, more popular, more successful.
That pschological drama combined with raging teenage hormones is enough to explain, why mothers usually turn grey at that period of time....
We have really no way of knowing what support system Izzy has or whether or not her mother is of any help. Just because we tend to side eye everything Mary does, doesn't automatically mean she is a bad or neglectful mother.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: July 28, 2021, 12:03:45 PM »

The focus should always be about health and not size. There are even some doctors that canít wrap their minds around this concept, they just see size. I hope the media will be kind to Isabella and to her peers. It is nice to see the fashion industry becoming more inclusive when it comes to sizing, even Victoriaís Secret has changed.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: July 28, 2021, 02:38:33 PM »

The focus should always be about health and not size. There are even some doctors that canít wrap their minds around this concept, they just see size. I hope the media will be kind to Isabella and to her peers. It is nice to see the fashion industry becoming more inclusive when it comes to sizing, even Victoriaís Secret has changed.

My father has been overweight for many years. In the 90s there were many cases of cardiovascular disease among his colleagues and so on. Many pointed out to my father that he was overweight and that it would be his turn as a result. My father did indeed develop cardiovascular disease (bypass and new aortic valve over the years). However, in the opinion of us and some of his doctors, his overweight is not a clear indication. His bypass operation took even a little longer because the surgeon had trouble freeing the necessary vein from his leg (too many muscles around it). My father has a naturally large build (tall man with, among other things, broad wrists). My siblings and I all weigh a little too much. But with my brothers you also see a lot of the sturdy construction.

Some people have a more sturdy build. And in some cases some also still have to loose their puppy weight Wink
anastasia beaverhausen

Ginormous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: July 28, 2021, 03:48:17 PM »

I agree, because girls are subject to impossible beauty standards (and most of the models are heavily photoshopped) and donít need to feel worse than they already do.

Also agree about the inclusive sizing and Iím starting to see more normal sized models in ads. But I hope it doesnít go too far, with morbid obesity becoming normalized.  That wonít help anyone.
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: July 28, 2021, 06:25:13 PM »

Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: July 28, 2021, 06:43:05 PM »

It looks like Fred may be making an effort to get back into shape. I think Joachim's stroke last year may have got him to examine his lifestyle.
Gemsheal

Large Member

United States United States

I make my own memes

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: July 28, 2021, 06:57:06 PM »

Where were the photos taken?   Are they vacationing in Denmark?   (Isn't that quite a rarity??  )   

How quick come the reasons for approving what we like!

- Jane Austen
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: July 28, 2021, 11:35:44 PM »

Josie and Mares are still able to spot a camera  so nothing has changed there. Are they really in Denmark? That would be more sensible than we would expect.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: July 29, 2021, 10:39:13 AM »

I am quite unsure if he is trying to wave at his loyal and loving subjects or desperately trying to get help... Thinking

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
getafix

Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: July 29, 2021, 11:55:02 AM »

I am quite unsure if he is trying to wave at his loyal and loving subjects or desperately trying to get help... Thinking

I thought Frodo looked like male praying mantis  with his hands up in the air like that just beofre female eats his head and body after they've copulated... Secret

G Secret

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
Chandrasekhi

Gigantic Member

Vanuatu Vanuatu

The Memorial Wall along the Southbank in London

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: July 29, 2021, 02:20:18 PM »

I thought Frodo looked like male praying mantis  with his hands up in the air like that just beofre female eats his head and body after they've copulated... Secret

G Secret

All the instances I have come across where the eldest child is not much older than the second child, have turned out "badly" for the  eldest/older child: the older/eldest child has to share parental attention far too soon. The second child benefits developmentally from the not much older sibling while the older sibling does not.

Princess MS

Warned
Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: July 29, 2021, 02:30:42 PM »

G Secret

All the instances I have come across where the eldest child is not much older than the second child, have turned out "badly" for the  eldest/older child: the older/eldest child has to share parental attention far too soon. The second child benefits developmentally from the not much older sibling while the older sibling does not.

What is the optimal gap between children? In my experience those older no longer have as much attention with each additional ones.... of course some parents manage things better than others... I was happy to leave home to go to a residential college at University 😀
Hermione

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: July 29, 2021, 08:53:57 PM »

G Secret

Can't remember the last time I've enjoyed the Danish thread this much  Laughing Star Star
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: