Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2021 Derf - News & Events  (Read 67981 times)
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: July 14, 2021, 01:26:05 PM »

There are some posts on the royal fashion accounts I follow asking if Birkenstocks with socks are ever ok and it is making me laugh because 25 or so years ago when I was in college I loved wearing Birks with rag-type woolen socks along with my overalls and a flannel shirt (over the overalls, of course!).  I will not be surprised to see Isabella at some point wearing that exact type of outfit.   Laugh bounce

I will say, though, that even back then I drew the line at white socks with Birks... 

Let us clear that up - noooooooooooooooooo!  So many fashion tragedies are coming back now.  Those wide legged pants always remind me of when I was a child and a bee flew up my wide pants leg and stung me. See?  80ís fashion hurts people!

A general faux pas, but I have seen messages that is partially accepted / fashionable (again):

Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: July 14, 2021, 02:18:55 PM »

There are some posts on the royal fashion accounts I follow asking if Birkenstocks with socks are ever ok and it is making me laugh because 25 or so years ago when I was in college I loved wearing Birks with rag-type woolen socks along with my overalls and a flannel shirt (over the overalls, of course!).  I will not be surprised to see Isabella at some point wearing that exact type of outfit.   Laugh bounce

I will say, though, that even back then I drew the line at white socks with Birks... 

Let us clear that up - noooooooooooooooooo!  So many fashion tragedies are coming back now.  Those wide legged pants always remind me of when I was a child and a bee flew up my wide pants leg and stung me. See?  80ís fashion hurts people!

A general faux pas, but I have seen messages that is partially accepted / fashionable (again):

Faux pas or not (personally I think it's horrible)...it's simply stupid and contradicts the original thought of having more air in your feet (or whatever you want to name it)

If you wear socks in sandals maybe for fear of getting a cold), why not wear closed shoes instead? Looks much better and has the same effect.
Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: July 14, 2021, 03:12:26 PM »

I wonder if the pandemic will change royal families and cause them to slim down their costs? The DRF gets a huge pass from the media and their government. They are lucky that Denmark is a small country, and generally very content people.
anastasia beaverhausen

Ginormous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: July 14, 2021, 04:31:53 PM »

Totally agree Kristallinchen!

Those photos just reinforce my belief in the utter wrongness of socks with sandals.
Cordelia Fitzgerald

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: July 14, 2021, 04:38:30 PM »

I still think I was oh-so-hip in college when I did it, because in my defense they were woolen socks and not white!  Laughing

BUT I do solemnly swear that even though I still wear Birkenstocks non-stop in the warm months, I will never ever wear them with white socks...that is just all sorts of wrong!

Edit:  On the one hand, it's nice to see royal kids not always dressed up within an inch of their lives, and I do realize this was a laidback cruise, but it seems like there are ways to be smart casual, even as a teenager, that don't involve looking like you've just rolled out of bed.  Especially when you're presumably enjoying a taxpayer funded pleasure cruise.
periwinkle

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: July 14, 2021, 05:19:07 PM »

Vincent looks like the stoner tenant who came up from the basement to vape and just tagged along. He might be the type who can get away with it unless Fred and Mary force him to stick with his studies.
Countess of Cows

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: July 14, 2021, 06:02:10 PM »

I'm sorry, I just see no excuse for anyone to look so unkept out in public.  What a sad embarrassment to represent Denmark.  I don't care if it's a "casual" cruise, make a minimal effort to look put together and presentable. (Fred and Josie look fine, the others just rolled out of bed)  I see these types out and wonder at what point they gave up on life and just surrendered to hopelessly ugly. jmo

My cousin works for Southwest, she said you'd be surprised how many people fly in their PJ's and houseshoes.  Here I thought it was just people at the local Walmart and bank  Yikes

"I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies." Pietro Aretino

I would rather be hated for something I am, than loved for something I am not. -Bob Marley
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: July 14, 2021, 06:21:05 PM »

Faux pas or not (personally I think it's horrible)...it's simply stupid and contradicts the original thought of having more air in your feet (or whatever you want to name it)

If you wear socks in sandals maybe for fear of getting a cold), why not wear closed shoes instead? Looks much better and has the same effect.

I have done it, mainly during some camping holidays....not to keep my foot warm...but to prevent to give musquitos and other bugs free access around dust/dawn/night when sitting outside  Laugh bounce
Emac0914

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: July 14, 2021, 09:26:36 PM »

Living in a college town, I see so many kids dressed like these 4 were.  They do look half-asleep and just rolled out of bed but we have to give them some slack.  They are just kids and Iím glad to see them spending time with their Dad.  And I do hope them being on board was secondary to something else being done with the ship and crew.  Can imagine Fred could find something else fun to do with his teen and pre-teen kids, without Mary (yay!!) than drag them out on the Royal yacht!
Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: July 17, 2021, 09:45:28 PM »

I give it another couple of years and then the focus will be an Christian and Isabella.
dKaren

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: July 18, 2021, 12:00:06 AM »

sorry to ask a dumb question tho'... why did Fred take out a huge ship when he could have taken a small boat out for a day's outing.

my mind goggles at the cost of running this tanker when a small boat would ahve done the trick to keep everyone entertainined.

Izzy is going to be chunky. MEdiana won't like that

G Crap

The only one MEdiana really cares is herself. She dressed Izzy like Les Misťrables when she was a toddler, I doubt she is really concerned that Izzy would be chunky or supermodel like.
dKaren

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: July 18, 2021, 12:10:46 AM »

Fred took the kids on a mini cruise on the Dannebrog while Mary was in Paris this week

Freddles couldn't even put on the raincoat himself ?  Wink
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: July 18, 2021, 01:41:56 AM »

sorry to ask a dumb question tho'... why did Fred take out a huge ship when he could have taken a small boat out for a day's outing.

my mind goggles at the cost of running this tanker when a small boat would ahve done the trick to keep everyone entertainined.

G Crap

Isnít it frightening how eating disorders get transmitted from generation to generation. Our Izzy is normal weight and letís all hope she gets messaging from all her relatives that she is beautiful as a Ďchunky adolescentí - and that the body-positive messaging continues into adulthood. ❤️LillePige ❤️
RainbowUnicorn68

Micro Member

Denmark Denmark

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: July 18, 2021, 08:38:00 AM »

I admit to wearing socks with sandals, mainly because we spend a lot of time in the forrest, and I am terrified of ticks. Anything to try and avoid ticks, and as we are geocachers, we sometimes have to leave the beaten path. Mostly I do wear shoes or boots, though.
putti

Large Member

Denmark Denmark

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: July 18, 2021, 11:11:32 AM »

G Crap

Isnít it frightening how eating disorders get transmitted from generation to generation. Our Izzy is normal weight and letís all hope she gets messaging from all her relatives that she is beautiful as a Ďchunky adolescentí - and that the body-positive messaging continues into adulthood. ❤️LillePige ❤️

I have often wondered about how Izzy must feel about her mother's obsession with exercise and her weight, it is not healthy for a teenager to see her mum so thin and obsessed with her weight.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: