Prince Joacim and Princess Marie warmed up for Christmas Eve with a wonderful Christmas greeting, which the Danes love.
Prince Joachim and Princess Marie and their two children Prince Henrik and Princess Athena as well as Joachim's big boys Prince Nikolai and Prince Felix enjoy Christmas Eve with Queen Margrethe at Marselisborg Castle in Aarhus.
As a warm-up for Christmas Eve, Marie and Joachim and the four children sent via the royal house's digital platforms a sweet Christmas greeting on Christmas Eve with a wonderful "Merry Christmas" delivered in chorus.
The Danes are crazy about that greeting.
On social media, it floods in with many sweet comments. One special comment is repeated again, and again.
The Danes are very happy to see Prince Joachim in absolute top form, and this is expressed via social media:
- "Merry Christmas to you too. good to see that the prince has recovered."
- "Nice to see Prince Joachim so fresh/happy again!"
- "Nice to see that His Royal Highness Prince Joachim seems to have recovered quite well!”
- "Princess Marie and Prince Joachim, as well as their beautiful children, wish you a very merry Christmas."
- "Nice to see that they make it a family trip."
- "Hygge Christmas tradition to find the perfect Christmas tree in the woods, with his children."
This summer, Prince Joachim underwent surgery for a blood clot in his brain, and he has recovered very well from the challenges in the time after the operation, and this is something that pleases all Danes.
I'm aware that PR is perhaps heavily in the minds of the filmmakers, but I am left in feeling: Why aren't Jokke and Marie the hereditary monarchs?