Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Saint Sofia  (Read 9724 times)
Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

United States United States

Ignore
« on: January 03, 2021, 11:38:57 PM »

Well well well, Pilar Eyre published a new book "Yo, El Rey" about JC. She apparently drove a truck through Saint Sofia's image:

https://www.elespanol.com...omofoba-clasista-altanera

anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2021, 11:57:55 PM »

Well well well, Pilar Eyre published a new book "Yo, El Rey" about JC. She apparently drove a truck through Saint Sofia's image:

I’m not totally fluent, but did this article try to blame Sofía alone for the actions of her children?  Something about her not knowing how to make a home?  Sorry if I misunderstood, but that hit me the wrong way.
ralf103

Huge Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2021, 02:45:27 AM »

The comments are so one sided they are really quite funny. Are any of these things really new?

The comments about her spending are clearly to try and involve her in the credit card payment scandal

The comments about gay marriage and the like seem to stem from comments Sofia made and were discussed years ago

We have seen enough interviews with Sofia to suggest she speaks Spanish well enough for someone who was born and raised in different countries

I'm not surprised Sofia is haughty and grand behind closed doors as surely with JC hanging around with his mistresses anyone would have to put up a facade not to crack. Equally, we've seen her hug and be warm with enough members of the public to show she isn't cold or uncaring or too grand in that sense

The media in Spain seem determined to pull down the RF at every turn

Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2021, 02:53:19 AM »

Here is the Google translation:

"Pilar Eyre defines Queen Sofia as "homophobic" and "classist"
The journalist went to 'Saturday Deluxe' to present her book 'Yo, el Rey'

Pilar Eyre attended the set of Sábado Deluxe last night to present  Yo, el Rey,  her successful new book that reveals an aspect of the life of  Juan Carlos I, and that uncovers what the true relationship was like with his wife  Doña Sofía. In addition, the journalist gave surprising details of what the Emeritus Queen really is like.

Eyre considers that “we have been  deceived  for many years” into believing that the emeritus kings maintained “a normal, happy and united relationship”, however, behind this apparent happiness “there was a lot of pain and deception”.

Regarding the Queen's personality, the writer explains that she is "a very consumerist person  , people who know her are amazed at the amount of things she can buy in one day," and that if she has not left the king emeritus, it has been because his  lust  for power . In addition, he says that  "he is against homosexual unions ", insisting that he has deceived all Spaniards.

Pilar also revealed that there are those who say that Sofia has been " guilty of the Royal family being a dysfunctional family,  because she has not known how to create a home and has not known how to take care of her daughters." As if that weren't enough, he adds more not too positive adjectives: "The Queen is not at all nice, she is very haughty, classy and despises the Spanish."

"From the beginning she has felt a tremendous dislike for the Spanish, has felt the fruit of conspiracies, and hates all of Juan Carlos' friends. In addition, she hardly speaks Spanish," said the journalist.
"

If you read old posts here, Sofia delegated parenting her daughters to their "secretary", who used to be Elena's school teacher. Sofia doted on Felipe because he's the precious male heir that secured her position. This is pretty clear that once grown, both daughters are closer to their secretary and even their often-absent father than their mother. Felipe is the only one who's close to Sofia and stood up for her. So what Pilar said isn't new.

Sofia's spending habit isn't new either. She's a big fan of Valentino and Oscar de la Renta. Reportedly, when Valentino retired, she bought almost the entire last collection he made so she could continue wearing his designs for some time.  

She clearly showed her homophobia in her authorized biography. So that's not new either. Her constant using her surroundings to leak complaints about her DiL also showed a degree of power hunger and the desire to be THE Queen even though she no longer is.

What's new is that someone dares to openly discuss all these. The only thing I think Pilar went overboard was to blame the dysfunction of the family entirely on Sofia. JC should take his share of blame. He's too busy chasing skirts to be around his own family.  

« Last Edit: January 04, 2021, 03:00:41 AM by Laprincess » Logged
A Citizen not a Subject

Warned
Large Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2021, 11:04:49 AM »

I’m not totally fluent, but did this article try to blame Sofía alone for the actions of her children?  Something about her not knowing how to make a home?  Sorry if I misunderstood, but that hit me the wrong way.
Misogyny at its finest. Nothing grinds my gears more than a mother alone being blamed for the behaviour of a child. Or indeed someone well into their 20s or 30s blaming their parents for their own behaviour.

I live in hope that one day I will be able to elect my Head of State.
Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2021, 11:49:17 AM »

The comments are so one sided they are really quite funny. Are any of these things really new?

The comments about her spending are clearly to try and involve her in the credit card payment scandal

The comments about gay marriage and the like seem to stem from comments Sofia made and were discussed years ago

We have seen enough interviews with Sofia to suggest she speaks Spanish well enough for someone who was born and raised in different countries

I'm not surprised Sofia is haughty and grand behind closed doors as surely with JC hanging around with his mistresses anyone would have to put up a facade not to crack. Equally, we've seen her hug and be warm with enough members of the public to show she isn't cold or uncaring or too grand in that sense

The media in Spain seem determined to pull down the RF at every turn

That's it,very well said
And the arguments are always,spending too much been snob, out of touch...and so on

anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2021, 04:13:54 PM »

Pilar Eyre attended the set of Sábado Deluxe last night to present  Yo, el Rey,  her successful new book that reveals an aspect of the life of  Juan Carlos I, and that uncovers what the true relationship was like with his wife  Doña Sofía. In addition, the journalist gave surprising details of what the Emeritus Queen really is like.

Eyre considers that “we have been  deceived  for many years” into believing that the emeritus kings maintained “a normal, happy and united relationship”, however, behind this apparent happiness “there was a lot of pain and deception”.

Regarding the Queen's personality, the writer explains that she is "a very consumerist person  , people who know her are amazed at the amount of things she can buy in one day," and that if she has not left the king emeritus, it has been because his  lust  for power . In addition, he says that  "he is against homosexual unions ", insisting that he has deceived all Spaniards.

Pilar also revealed that there are those who say that Sofia has been " guilty of the Royal family being a dysfunctional family,  because she has not known how to create a home and has not known how to take care of her daughters." As if that weren't enough, he adds more not too positive adjectives: "The Queen is not at all nice, she is very haughty, classy and despises the Spanish."

"From the beginning she has felt a tremendous dislike for the Spanish, has felt the fruit of conspiracies, and hates all of Juan Carlos' friends. In addition, she hardly speaks Spanish," said the journalist.
"

If you read old posts here, Sofia delegated parenting her daughters to their "secretary", who used to be Elena's school teacher. Sofia doted on Felipe because he's the precious male heir that secured her position. This is pretty clear that once grown, both daughters are closer to their secretary and even their often-absent father than their mother. Felipe is the only one who's close to Sofia and stood up for her. So what Pilar said isn't new.

Sofia's spending habit isn't new either. She's a big fan of Valentino and Oscar de la Renta. Reportedly, when Valentino retired, she bought almost the entire last collection he made so she could continue wearing his designs for some time. 

She clearly showed her homophobia in her authorized biography. So that's not new either. Her constant using her surroundings to leak complaints about her DiL also showed a degree of power hunger and the desire to be THE Queen even though she no longer is.

What's new is that someone dares to openly discuss all these. The only thing I think Pilar went overboard was to blame the dysfunction of the family entirely on Sofia. JC should take his share of blame. He's too busy chasing skirts to be around his own family. 

Thank you for the translation!  I agree that the bad parenting was on both sides - I have always assumed that JC was as bad of a father as he was as a husband. And Cristina can hardly blame bad parenting for Noos - that’s on her.
leatherface

Gigantic Member

Nigeria Nigeria

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2021, 04:28:00 PM »

Pilar Eyre attended the set of Sábado Deluxe last night to present  Yo, el Rey,  her successful new book that reveals an aspect of the life of  Juan Carlos I, and that uncovers what the true relationship was like with his wife  Doña Sofía. In addition, the journalist gave surprising details of what the Emeritus Queen really is like.

Eyre considers that “we have been  deceived  for many years” into believing that the emeritus kings maintained “a normal, happy and united relationship”, however, behind this apparent happiness “there was a lot of pain and deception”.

Regarding the Queen's personality, the writer explains that she is "a very consumerist person  , people who know her are amazed at the amount of things she can buy in one day," and that if she has not left the king emeritus, it has been because his  lust  for power . In addition, he says that  "he is against homosexual unions ", insisting that he has deceived all Spaniards.

Pilar also revealed that there are those who say that Sofia has been " guilty of the Royal family being a dysfunctional family,  because she has not known how to create a home and has not known how to take care of her daughters." As if that weren't enough, he adds more not too positive adjectives: "The Queen is not at all nice, she is very haughty, classy and despises the Spanish."

"

Thank you for the translation!  I agree that the bad parenting was on both sides - I have always assumed that JC was as bad of a father as he was as a husband. And Cristina can hardly blame bad parenting for Noos - that’s on her.

If that larcenous cow should ever utter a word of blame towards JC and Sofia for what has befallen her, I would remind her that the only reason she currently has a job, a roof over her head and emotional support is because of the parents she is throwing under the bus.

As for Sofia being the cause of the family dysfunction, its easy to blame the mother rather than the father for messed kids because even now alot of people view the mother as the person who should primarily raise the children and make up for every and all shortcomings of both parents.
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2021, 04:29:34 PM »

Star LF

That’s what I wanted to say but didn’t.
genegal43

Gigantic Member

All I got was a Nancy Pearl Action Figure...

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2021, 09:20:40 PM »

A fascinating read, I wonder what prompted this to come out now.

Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
Gemsheal

Medium Member

I make my own memes

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2021, 05:31:42 PM »

It's kind of weird but reading what seems to be mostly a nasty, specious article about Sofia kind of makes me want to defend her.   And I don't even like her particularly.   OK, so she likes designer gear, spending money; was a distant mother to her daughters and favored her boy.   Eh.   These aren't great doings, but they aren't crimes against humanity.  I would be more concerned if the journalist uncovered offshore bank accounts or a secret home or things along that line.     

Even the alleged homophobia is somewhat to be expected - given her generation, her upbringing, and consistent lack of exposure to people who could help her change her views.   As long as she doesn't influence her grandchildren in a negative way, Sofia can have her POV.   I imagine Letizia, for one, is very careful about how much time her girls actually spend with Sofia.         

"... luscious woodbine,
With sweet musk roses and with eglantine:
There sleeps Titania sometime of the night,
Lull'd in these flowers with dances and delight."

Shakespeare - A Midsummer Night's Dream
leatherface

Gigantic Member

Nigeria Nigeria

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2021, 06:43:48 PM »

It's kind of weird but reading what seems to be mostly a nasty, specious article about Sofia kind of makes me want to defend her.   And I don't even like her particularly.   OK, so she likes designer gear, spending money; was a distant mother to her daughters and favored her boy.   Eh.   These aren't great doings, but they aren't crimes against humanity.  I would be more concerned if the journalist uncovered offshore bank accounts or a secret home or things along that line.     

Even the alleged homophobia is somewhat to be expected - given her generation, her upbringing, and consistent lack of exposure to people who could help her change her views.   As long as she doesn't influence her grandchildren in a negative way, Sofia can have her POV.   I imagine Letizia, for one, is very careful about how much time her girls actually spend with Sofia.         

I personally think that Sofia is the only viable target that parts of the Spanish press has to take aim at.

JC is effectively done. Cristina may be a stuck up bitch but she has been brought low thanks to her greedy, philandering, dirtbag, jail bird husband. Elena, has done nothing to warrant scorn, she has kept on the DL and has spent most of her life being the butt of cruel jokes and comments regarding her looks.

Felipe has been a flawless and dutiful leader as has Letizia, also she is a member of the fraternity of journalists, so taking aim at her is the purview of the arseholes at cotilleando.

Sofia is low hanging fruit because she is JC's wife, a foreigner, formal and remote. Also, she can't be that awful a mother to her daughters because she is the only member of the SRF that publicly caped for Cristina. When Cristina was down, she was the only one prepared to stand with her.
dKaren

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2021, 12:05:33 AM »

The book was not saying anything new on Sofia. Sofia didn't get along so well with their daughters when they were young.  Both have always been closer to JC. But she is still the mother, supported their daughters when needed (Ok, she didn't support Elena's divorce).
Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2021, 02:13:42 AM »

It's kind of weird but reading what seems to be mostly a nasty, specious article about Sofia kind of makes me want to defend her.   And I don't even like her particularly.   OK, so she likes designer gear, spending money; was a distant mother to her daughters and favored her boy.   Eh.   These aren't great doings, but they aren't crimes against humanity. I would be more concerned if the journalist uncovered offshore bank accounts or a secret home or things along that line.          

Sofia was implicated in the recent "black card" scandal, along with JC, Elena(?) and her two children. All of them are using credit cards that got paid by JC's cousin and JC's Mexican friend. That cousin has been paying for JC's travel for years. The suspicion is that JC has been laundering money through that cousin. JC recently sent Spain's Treasury a big check for back taxes because all of these family members, incl. Sofia, didn't declare these payments as income. The only branch that wasn't implicated? Felipe, Letizia and their girls.

Sofia's lifestyle, incl. maintaining a residence in London, has far exceeded the stipend she got (only about 140K euros a year) for decades. Not to mention any financial assistance she provided to her family. Her sister Irene has been living in Zarzuela rent free for years. Where she got money from for spending? Greek royal family wasn't wealthy. Their brother Constantine needs financial help from his DiL. The argument that Sofia has her own inheritance to live that kind of lifestyle never made sense. Now we know. She's been sharing whatever money JC laundered for all these years. There's no way she didn't know JC's shenanigan. She might not have been the mastermind but she's an accomplice at least.  
Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2021, 02:34:10 AM »

I personally think that Sofia is the only viable target that parts of the Spanish press has to take aim at.

JC is effectively done. Cristina may be a stuck up bitch but she has been brought low thanks to her greedy, philandering, dirtbag, jail bird husband. Elena, has done nothing to warrant scorn, she has kept on the DL and has spent most of her life being the butt of cruel jokes and comments regarding her looks.

Felipe has been a flawless and dutiful leader as has Letizia, also she is a member of the fraternity of journalists, so taking aim at her is the purview of the arseholes at cotilleando.

Sofia is low hanging fruit because she is JC's wife, a foreigner, formal and remote. Also, she can't be that awful a mother to her daughters because she is the only member of the SRF that publicly caped for Cristina. When Cristina was down, she was the only one prepared to stand with her.
[/quote]

See my comment above. This is a misread of the situation. Sofia's popularity in recent years has been either the highest or the 2nd highest (behind Felipe) among the SRF members. Letizia was widely perceived as the weakest link in the SRF. Spanish tabloid and the conservative media have had no problem of pushing Letizia down the bus, with help from Zarzuela insiders. Zarzuela has been using Letizia to distract the press from JC and other family members' shenanigans for years. It didn't stop until this past year when all JC's doings were revealed. Now every family member is implicated. Letizia now looks much better. I don't think this book would have been published if it's a year ago. Pilar Eyre would have risked huge backlash by criticizing Saint Sofia.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: