Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Siege on The US Capitol  (Read 9116 times)
GoodGollyMissMolly

Small Member

United States United States

Ignore
« on: January 07, 2021, 12:29:59 AM »

It’s calming down now, but it was extremely tense there for a moment.
Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

proud moron thx Scooby Doo

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2021, 12:46:57 AM »

25th Amendment. All I'm gonna say...

writing angry fauxminist letters in the Lesbaru
getafix

Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2021, 01:27:35 AM »

sorry, I am not familiar with 25th amendment, so I just looked it up  Blush

The Twenty-fifth Amendment (Amendment XXV) to the United States Constitution says that if the President becomes unable to do their job, the Vice President becomes the President. This can happen for just a little while, if the President is just sick or disabled for a short time.

Twenty-fifth Amendment to the United States Constitution

I still don't understand how it is relevant  Blush Confused

is biden sick or trump is saying biden is sick so trump has to remain prez

I'm all confused like Crazy

thx

G Confused

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
Princess MS

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2021, 01:39:09 AM »

The Twenty-fifth Amendment (Amendment XXV) to the United States Constitution says that if the President becomes unable to do their job, the Vice President becomes the President. This can happen for just a little while, if the President is just sick or disabled for a short time.

thx

G Confused

No ... if Trump is “unable” to fulfill the role of President then VP Pence would assume the position... Biden does not become President until later this month.

This is all about Trump...
GoodGollyMissMolly

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2021, 01:51:54 AM »

thx

G Confused

No ... if Trump is “unable” to fulfill the role of President then VP Pence would assume the position... Biden does not become President until later this month.

This is all about Trump...

Precisely. The 25th is more than just about the president being sick. Unable also means unwilling.
Countess of Cows

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2021, 01:55:51 AM »

Never in my life did I expect to watch a coup against my country live on TV eating a burger.

I expect nothing to come of this treason.  No body is being arrested.  

This was a direct attack on democracy, not an opinion just a FACT.  If those people had darker pigments there would be dead bodies on the ground.  JMO a disgusting  example of ultimate white priviledge.  The Capitol Police are more than cupable, there needs to be a deep investigation.

"I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies." Pietro Aretino

I would rather be hated for something I am, than loved for something I am not. -Bob Marley
Antevorta

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2021, 02:18:36 AM »

I found it interesting, the very different approaches the protest/siege was handled by police when compared with how the BLM protests were handled by police in Washington.

I do hope that things calm down in America. Never in my life did I ever expect to see an something so shocking and outrageous from the USA.

My heart goes out to all of our American dishers.
Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2021, 02:47:23 AM »

I am not surprised at all.

We have had a toxic discourse getting worse and worse over the years. Differing opinions mean hate. We have people without social cohesion, church, community, school, work for 10+ months and it is never ending. We have the cult of Trump. Culminating in things like this, sadly, doesn't surprise me at all.

I didn't vote for Biden, but I hope he proves to be a unifier and the adult in the room. Any American should say so because we should ALL want the best, together, but sadly we play teams in politics like it's f*cking football.

25th Amendment him, yeah, two weeks, whatever, or impeach. Do it now.

Princess MS

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2021, 02:57:22 AM »

I am not surprised at all.

We have had a toxic discourse getting worse and worse over the years. Differing opinions mean hate. We have people without social cohesion, church, community, school, work for 10+ months and it is never ending. We have the cult of Trump. Culminating in things like this, sadly, doesn't surprise me at all.

I didn't vote for Biden, but I hope he proves to be a unifier and the adult in the room. Any American should say so because we should ALL want the best, together, but sadly we play teams in politics like it's f*cking football.

25th Amendment him, yeah, two weeks, whatever, or impeach. Do it now.

Electing Trump proved to be a mistake - he sure did not "make America great" at all. Hopefully this carry on proves to be his end and that of his family who may fancy themselves to have political aspirations. Surely there are other Republican candidates that are worthy of nomination for 2024 - ones that did not support his nonsense . . . 
Jane

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2021, 03:18:56 AM »

I think the Republicans will be rightly tarnished for generations for their support of this evil empty man who was patently unfit to serve from before day 1.
Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2021, 03:23:58 AM »

I think the Republicans will be rightly tarnished for generations for their support of this evil empty man who was patently unfit to serve from before day 1.

As a former Republican I want the GOP to, if they do not cut out Trumpism from the party brutally, collapse and die with a real conservative party taking its place.

Curtains

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2021, 03:30:50 AM »

Never in my life did I expect to watch a coup against my country live on TV eating a burger.

I expect nothing to come of this treason.  No body is being arrested.  

This was a direct attack on democracy, not an opinion just a FACT.  If those people had darker pigments there would be dead bodies on the ground.  JMO a disgusting  example of ultimate white priviledge.  The Capitol Police are more than cupable, there needs to be a deep investigation.

Countess, they probably won’t be charged until a thorough investigation has been done.  One that requires 14 days to complete adequately, without an arrest.  After Jan 20, Trump cannot pardon these noodleheads. They have to be at least arrested and possibly convicted to be pardoned.

We have lived through the coup.  We are living in a pandemic.  We are mired in unemployment.

Two of those could have been mitigated, the coup entirely avoided.

And my neighbors “The Patriots” still have their Trump 2020 signs.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2021, 04:01:54 AM by Curtains » Logged

"Some of it's magic, and some of it's tragic: but I had a good life, all the way." - Jimmy Buffet, America's premiere poet
Lady Liebe

Gigantic Member

Amaryllis Flamenco Queen

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2021, 03:36:32 AM »

Like Ellie, I am not surprised. We need to be able to disagree with one another without demonizing those who hold different opinions from us. We need to be able to agree to disagree.

It needs to be from the top down, because right now it permeates all branches of government starting in Washington DC and spilling down to to the state levels and then to municipal and even township levels. It's got to stop.

It also means we need to elect people who can work together, who can pass legislation that all can agree on - it means more bipartisan legislation and far less executive orders.

I was surprised that there has been only one fatality - at least thus far. When I remarked on that to Lord Liebe he said: more fatalities would have been more 'martyrs to the cause' and even more trouble. As it is, if this festers I would not be shocked at all to see some domestic terrorism spring from this later down the road.

PE Biden has a big job ahead of him. As for Trump - I hope we can use the the 25th amendment to remove him from office and install Pence for the brief remainder of the term.

I don't think it will be a death knell for the Republican party - it will reform around GWB and Mitt Romney, and they will l concentrate on running moderates. They will have to eject all of the hard line Trump supporters. I would not be shocked to see each main party splitting in the near future.

« Last Edit: January 07, 2021, 03:44:06 AM by Lady Liebe » Logged

"Let us remember that, as much has been given us, much will be expected from us, and that true homage comes from the heart as well as from the lips, and shows itself in deeds."  Theodore Roosevelt
Countess of Cows

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2021, 03:46:20 AM »

LOL my "patriot" neighbors flags are all tattered and pathetic, I smile when I drive by them.  National news actually reporting he's "losing it"......how do you tell??

I'm old ...in order >  
                                Attempted 1-6-21 coup
                                 9/11
                                Kennedy assassination
                                Nixon resigns
                                Lennon killed (I'm an old hippy,what can I say)

"I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies." Pietro Aretino

I would rather be hated for something I am, than loved for something I am not. -Bob Marley
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2021, 03:54:13 AM »

I'm watching the news since this afternoon, currently speeches on the House & Senate floor.

All I can say....Holy F***ing Shit! It took me a couple minutes to realize this is the US, and not a report from another country. It's a reversed perversion of what we see other people are fighting for....Hong Kong, Ukraine, and others, fighting for Democracy in a dictatorship, and today people were fighting for white supremecy, and fucking racism to continue. It blows the mind.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: