Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Siege on The US Capitol  (Read 11921 times)
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2021, 01:39:41 PM »

It reminds me of 23 F in Spain. We looked up to USA (and some other countries)  democracy with yearning and thought that kind of thing would never have happened or would ever happen there. Unfortunately, anything can happen anywhere. And this is a reflection from the citizen of a country where  the state institutions are being unashamedly  attacked and undermined by some politicians in office who promised to defend  and abide by the Constitution -- they claim it is outdated or they didn't have the chance to vote,anything. We should look back and learn from history.
IMO, Trump should be prosecuted and I still consider that your institutions are solid,honest, and strong enough to control this chaos and re-establish social peace. Hope and good luck to all of you, US Dishers . Take care.

Sorry, but Columbia 2003 comes to my mind too.

Thumb up
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2021, 01:41:37 PM »

The online reaction of a former US colleague of mine:

"...I am going to be "political" sorry...NOT sorry!!! As most anyone whose read my post, I think ‘at times’ I’ve hinted as to where my political affinity lies. So given my ‘slight’  discomfort with a Joe Biden presidency, I think it only right to call a Spade a Spade and give some equal time an analysis to his Pompous, Arrogant, and Bombastic opponent!
I have listened to everyone else’s hatred, rhetoric and outright lies for the last four years, so now I am having my say.  If you don’t like it, you know where the delete button is.  Let me be clear, I am not a Biden fan. I think he is corrupt, a liar, a racist bigot, is in bed with China and probably suffering from dementia.  He has done nothing to improve anything in his 47-year political career.  But what has Trump done in the past 4 years?
The "arrogant" man in the White House brokered four Middle East Peace Accords, something that 71 years of political intervention and endless war failed to produce.
The "buffoon" in the White House is the first president that has not engaged us in a foreign war since Eisenhower.
The "racist" in the White House has had the greatest impact on the economy, bringing jobs, and lowering unemployment to the Black and Latino population of ANY other president. Ever.
The "liar" in the White House has exposed the deep, widespread, and long-standing corruption in the FBI, the CIA, the NSA, and the Republican and Democratic parties.
The "buffoon" in the White House turned NATO around and had them start paying their dues.
The "fool" in the White House neutralized the North Koreans and stopped them sending missiles toward Japan, and threatening the West Coast of the US.
The "xenophobe" in the White House turned our relationship with the Chinese around, brought hundreds of business back to the US, and revived the economy.
This same “clown” lowered your taxes, increased the standard deduction on your IRS return from $12,500 to $24,400  for married couples and caused the stock market to rise to record levels, positively impacting the retirement accounts of tens of millions of citizens.
The “clown” in the White House fast-tracked the development of multiple COVID Vaccines which are now available or will be soon.  And yet we still don't have a vaccine for SARS, Bird Flu, Ebola, or a host of diseases that arose during previous administrations.
The “clown” in the White House rebuilt our military which the Obama administration crippled and fired 214 key generals and admirals in his first year of office.
I got it, you don't like him. Many of you utterly hate and despise him. How special of you. He is serving you and ALL the American people. What are you doing besides calling him names and laughing about him catching the China virus?  Some of you were even hoping that COVID would be the cause of his demise. (Ah, the left.  The party of “tolerance”. )
Please educate me again as to what Biden has accomplished for America in his 47 years in office, besides making the whole Biden family richer?  By the way, where is Hunter?
I’ll take the “clown” any day versus a fork tongued, smooth talking hypocritical corrupt liar.  I want a strong leader who isn’t afraid to kick some ass when needed. I don’t need a fatherly figure.  I don’t need a liar.  That's what Hollywood, CNN, MSNBC, ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN and the New York Times are for.
Call me a chump, a racist, or part of the basket of deplorables. I do not care!
God bless Donald Trump - the best, most unappreciated President in U.S. history.
Feel free to copy/paste, I did...🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸..."

fruela

Medium Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2021, 02:32:41 PM »

Principessa,what a pity! And this may come  from someone cultured.  I’ve heard the like.   Crazy   How can one  justify a demagogue tearing a country apart?
Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2021, 02:34:17 PM »

The power that Trump has over these people's minds is so sad, he lied to them, making them believe that they can change an outcome of a vote.
Eliza B

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2021, 02:37:21 PM »

Trump didn't call in national guard. He let this happen. Get this out of control.

Mike freaking Pence did it. And I couldn't express a single good thing about him until this week.

Trump has proven he does not want to protect democracy, his capitol, or his people.
4 are dead.
2 pipe bombs were found.
The Capitol building was vandalized
Offices with confidential documents were broken into
Democratic process haulted
And yet, he tells these people he loves them and to go home and rest after a long day of pillaging, treason, murder and attempted mass murder.

He is not my President. I hate what the world is seeing of us right now.  This is the opposite of what we represent.
Countess of Cows

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2021, 02:58:43 PM »

The whole thing was surreal. And scary! I was almost as were seeing the fall of a democracy live. I wonder how such a mob moved so freely into the Capitol, when just a few months ago the BLM protests were so swiffly shut down...

Having a President complicit of this actions, and his minions continuing spreading lies is unbelievable  Crazy

Several reasons, Capitol police are seen in video's moving barricades, high fiving and taking selfies with the terrorist, so clearly there is collusion in the ranks.  Two, the terrorist were white, it was the ultimate example of white priviledge. jmo

"I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies." Pietro Aretino

I would rather be hated for something I am, than loved for something I am not. -Bob Marley
Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2021, 03:03:03 PM »

The whole thing was surreal. And scary! I was almost as were seeing the fall of a democracy live. I wonder how such a mob moved so freely into the Capitol, when just a few months ago the BLM protests were so swiffly shut down...

Having a President complicit of this actions, and his minions continuing spreading lies is unbelievable  Crazy

Several reasons, Capitol police are seen in video's moving barricades, high fiving and taking selfies with the terrorist, so clearly there is collusion in the ranks.  Two, the terrorist were white, it was the ultimate example of white priviledge. jmo

I read that, regarding the police being complicite  Crazy And also read that it was Pence that ended calling the National Guard (after Trump refused to do it) and that DC government asked for help from other states, and that was how the whole thing was controlled.

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
genegal43

Huge Member

All I got was a Nancy Pearl Action Figure...

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2021, 04:20:03 PM »

LOL my "patriot" neighbors flags are all tattered and pathetic, I smile when I drive by them.  National news actually reporting he's "losing it"......how do you tell??

I'm old ...in order >  
                                Attempted 1-6-21 coup
                                 9/11
                                Kennedy assassination
                                Nixon resigns
                                Lennon killed (I'm an old hippy,what can I say)

Ah CoC I'm aging like fine wine. I'll see your list and add a few:

JFK assassination
Bobby Kennedy assassination
MLK assassination
Nixon resignation
Challenger Explosion
9/11
Attempted Coup

Don't forget the space shuttle Columbia break up.

Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2021, 04:26:11 PM »

I had to share this one. A pro-Trump protester at the Capitol has seemingly looked up the Georgia flag through Google & gave it no further thought. The flag that he or she is waving around here is namely of the European / Asian country of Georgia and not of the US state of Georgia  Laugh bounce Tongue

Wiki about the country of Georgia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_(country)
TLLK

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2021, 05:40:37 PM »

There is a  possibility that the protestor has roots in Georgia (the nation) but then again perhaps the flag was on sale or it "coordinates" with the Trump flag.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2021, 05:47:35 PM »

There is a  possibility that the protestor has roots in Georgia (the nation) but then again perhaps the flag was on sale or it "coordinates" with the Trump flag.

Laugh bounce
RandyDrx

Mini Member

Indonesia Indonesia

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2021, 07:03:09 PM »

I watched a video of John McCain's concession speech a few weeks ago. That's how to lose an election with dignity, instead of throwing a temper tantrum like Trump.
Lady Liebe

Gigantic Member

Provence Amaryllis

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2021, 07:31:42 PM »

LOL my "patriot" neighbors flags are all tattered and pathetic, I smile when I drive by them.  National news actually reporting he's "losing it"......how do you tell??

I'm old ...in order >  
                                Attempted 1-6-21 coup
                                 9/11
                                Kennedy assassination
                                Nixon resigns
                                Lennon killed (I'm an old hippy,what can I say)

Ah CoC I'm aging like fine wine. I'll see your list and add a few:

JFK assassination
Bobby Kennedy assassination
MLK assassination
Nixon resignation
Challenger Explosion
9/11
Attempted Coup

Don't forget the space shuttle Columbia break up.

Yes - and the fire in the Apollo 1 capsule that killed Astronauts Grissom, Chaffee and White.
I'll add the shootings at Kent St. to the list too.

Here's a bit of trivia just for you genegal, where we lived in Virginia the library was named for Gus Grissom.

"Let us remember that, as much has been given us, much will be expected from us, and that true homage comes from the heart as well as from the lips, and shows itself in deeds."  Theodore Roosevelt
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2021, 07:43:51 PM »

A small moment of humour in the midst of an absolute sh*tshow - the Twitter uses who thought one of the terrorists was called 'Via Getty'

I stand with crop-top wearing pro-democracy protesters
Lady Liebe

Gigantic Member

Provence Amaryllis

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2021, 07:58:05 PM »

I watched a video of John McCain's concession speech a few weeks ago. That's how to lose an election with dignity, instead of throwing a temper tantrum like Trump.

One of our hallmarks - that bit the dust yesterday, was the orderly and peaceful transfer from one administration to the next. No matter how bitterly the election was contested, no matter the circumstances. Poor Jackie Kennedy in her blood spattered suit looking on as Johnson was sworn in. Richard and Pat Nixon standing with Gerald and Betty Ford in the East Room while Ford was sworn in. Eisenhower and Truman were not on friendly terms but they nevertheless went through the motions. If they are able, the former presidents all come to the inauguration every four years. I also remember that Reagan asked Jimmy Carter to go and greet the newly released hostages - who were set free right after RR was sworn in.

It's worked like clockwork, through good times and bad, wartime, peacetime, boomtime and depressions from George Washington on - until Trump.

One of the thoughts that sprang to mind yesterday was the chicanery of Aaron Burr during the election in 1800:

In the 1800 city elections, Burr combined the political influence of the Manhattan Company with party campaign innovations to deliver New York's support for Jefferson.[39] In 1800, New York's state legislature was to choose the presidential electors, as they had in 1796 (for John Adams). Before the April 1800 legislative elections, the State Assembly was controlled by the Federalists. The City of New York elected assembly members on an at-large basis. Burr and Hamilton were the key campaigners for their respective parties. Burr's Democratic-Republican slate of assemblymen for New York City was elected, giving the party control of the legislature, which in turn gave New York's electoral votes to Jefferson and Burr. This drove another wedge between Hamilton and Burr.[40]

Burr enlisted the help of Tammany Hall to win the voting for selection of Electoral College delegates. He gained a place on the Democratic-Republican presidential ticket in the 1800 election with Jefferson. Though Jefferson and Burr won New York, he and Burr tied for the presidency overall, with 73 electoral votes each. Members of the Democratic-Republican Party understood they intended that Jefferson should be president and Burr vice president, but the tied vote required that the final choice be made by the House of Representatives, with each of the 16 states having one vote, and nine votes needed for election.[41]

Publicly, Burr remained quiet and refused to surrender the presidency to Jefferson, the great enemy of the Federalists. Rumors circulated that Burr and a faction of Federalists were encouraging Republican representatives to vote for him, blocking Jefferson's election in the House. However, solid evidence of such a conspiracy was lacking, and historians generally gave Burr the benefit of the doubt. In 2011, however, historian Thomas Baker discovered a previously unknown letter from William P. Van Ness to Edward Livingston, two leading Democratic-Republicans in New York.[42] Van Ness was very close to Burr—serving as his second in the next duel with Hamilton. As a leading Democratic-Republican, Van Ness secretly supported the Federalist plan to elect Burr as president and tried to get Livingston to join.[42] Livingston agreed at first, then reversed himself. Baker argues that Burr probably supported the Van Ness plan: "There is a compelling pattern of circumstantial evidence, much of it newly discovered, that strongly suggests Aaron Burr did exactly that as part of a stealth campaign to compass the presidency for himself."[43] The attempt did not work, due partly to Livingston's reversal, but more to Hamilton's vigorous opposition to Burr. Jefferson was elected president, and Burr vice president.[44][45]
« Last Edit: January 07, 2021, 08:11:15 PM by Lady Liebe » Logged

"Let us remember that, as much has been given us, much will be expected from us, and that true homage comes from the heart as well as from the lips, and shows itself in deeds."  Theodore Roosevelt
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: