Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Siege on The US Capitol  (Read 11927 times)
Eliza B

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2021, 03:54:22 AM »

"Once the looting starts, the shooting starts" is what he said last year.

But when federal property is destroyed in his honor its "good people" maybe don't be too mean "i love you. Go home" you know when ready.

He probably finds it flattering, but it makes him look weak.  That the president of the usa, in the most guarded city, his capitol, could not secure a federal building and allowed his police to step back and let it be damage and illegally entered. It's not a look of a strong leader or protector.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2021, 03:59:53 AM by Eliza B » Logged
genegal43

Huge Member

All I got was a Nancy Pearl Action Figure...

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2021, 03:57:00 AM »

What we are seeing is the result of 20 years of continual poison dripping into the well, which started with President Bush.  The years of calling him a Nazi, a fascist are now coming home to roost.  Imagine, if a journalist back then said "hey, that's not appropriate to call President Bush a Nazi."  As far as I'm concerned, journalists lost their moral compass during the Bush years.  While I was watching my grandma being abused, the news should have been a source for facts to bring me down from those emotions and frustrations, not a source to add to them.

Not only do I want Trump and every single politician from all sides of the aisle for the past four years on the screen apologizing for riots, but I want every single journalist, ON THEIR KNEES, apologizing for the past 20 years of poison they have sown.  They are just as culpable, even more so, for this violence.

I just want to live my life, in a manner that I see fit.  I just want to make money, determine how I spend it or who I give it to, and be left alone.

Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2021, 04:03:02 AM »

What we are seeing is the result of 20 years of continual poison dripping into the well, which started with President Bush.  The years of calling him a Nazi, a fascist are now coming home to roost.  Imagine, if a journalist back then said "hey, that's not appropriate to call President Bush a Nazi."  As far as I'm concerned, journalists lost their moral compass during the Bush years.  While I was watching my grandma being abused, the news should have been a source for facts to bring me down from those emotions and frustrations, not a source to add to them.

Not only do I want Trump and every single politician from all sides of the aisle for the past four years on the screen apologizing for riots, but I want every single journalist, ON THEIR KNEES, apologizing for the past 20 years of poison they have sown.  They are just as culpable, even more so, for this violence.

I just want to live my life, in a manner that I see fit.  I just want to make money, determine how I spend it or who I give it to, and be left alone.

Actually it started with Reagan (government IS the problem) and the current dirty tricks started with Newt Gingrich. The riots we saw today is the culmination of 40 years of greed disguised as nationalism.
getafix

Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2021, 05:16:09 AM »

sorry, I am not familiar with 25th amendment, so I just looked it up  Blush

The Twenty-fifth Amendment (Amendment XXV) to the United States Constitution says that if the President becomes unable to do their job, the Vice President becomes the President. This can happen for just a little while, if the President is just sick or disabled for a short time.

Twenty-fifth Amendment to the United States Constitution

I still don't understand how it is relevant  Blush Confused

is biden sick or trump is saying biden is sick so trump has to remain prez

I'm all confused like Crazy

thx

G Confused

No ... if Trump is “unable” to fulfill the role of President then VP Pence would assume the position... Biden does not become President until later this month.

This is all about Trump...

thx PMS  Star

great. now what? Snare

can Trump force another election...drag out the riots past 20th, let Pence be prez?

I mean what is the next stage and his ultimate goal in this - other than the mere obvious of derailing everything?

PS: there are social sites selling that chap's attire right down to his horn cap Crazy

G Blink

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
Lady Liebe

Gigantic Member

Provence Amaryllis

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2021, 06:00:48 AM »

sorry, I am not familiar with 25th amendment, so I just looked it up  Blush

The Twenty-fifth Amendment (Amendment XXV) to the United States Constitution says that if the President becomes unable to do their job, the Vice President becomes the President. This can happen for just a little while, if the President is just sick or disabled for a short time.

I still don't understand how it is relevant  Blush Confused

thx

G Confused

No ... if Trump is “unable” to fulfill the role of President then VP Pence would assume the position... Biden does not become President until later this month.

thx PMS  Star

great. now what? Snare

can Trump force another election...drag out the riots past 20th, let Pence be prez?

I mean what is the next stage and his ultimate goal in this - other than the mere obvious of derailing everything?

PS: there are social sites selling that chap's attire right down to his horn cap Crazy

G Blink

No, Trump cannot force another election. The last hurdle will be done soon with the counting of the Electoral College votes and it will be 'officially official'. All that is left is the inauguration on 1/20. Hopefully the 25th amendment can be used to remove Trump and let Pence oversee the final days of the administration.

Unfortunately I am afraid we might have to remove Trump kicking and screaming from the Oval Office. I have had my doubts he'd show up for the inauguration, that he would slink away into the night rather than participate. But I do think he will have to be prosecuted. It's sad for our country, but this inciting of people to storm the capitol cannot be tolerated.

ETA: the death toll now stands at four, the woman who was shot by capitol police and 3 others who had 'medical emergencies' - heart attacks I am guessing.

« Last Edit: January 07, 2021, 06:11:49 AM by Lady Liebe » Logged

"Let us remember that, as much has been given us, much will be expected from us, and that true homage comes from the heart as well as from the lips, and shows itself in deeds."  Theodore Roosevelt
Princess MS

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2021, 06:53:43 AM »

thx

G Confused

thx PMS  Star

great. now what? Snare

G Blink

No, Trump cannot force another election. The last hurdle will be done soon with the counting of the Electoral College votes and it will be 'officially official'. All that is left is the inauguration on 1/20. Hopefully the 25th amendment can be used to remove Trump and let Pence oversee the final days of the administration.

Unfortunately I am afraid we might have to remove Trump kicking and screaming from the Oval Office. I have had my doubts he'd show up for the inauguration, that he would slink away into the night rather than participate. But I do think he will have to be prosecuted. It's sad for our country, but this inciting of people to storm the capitol cannot be tolerated.

ETA: the death toll now stands at four, the woman who was shot by capitol police and 3 others who had 'medical emergencies' - heart attacks I am guessing.

thx

G Confused

thx PMS  Star

great. now what? Snare

G Blink

Indeed Geta as LL responded there is no "alternative option" for Trump - much and all as he has been trying to orchestrate one.

Apart from just causing trouble there was no way he was going to show up to the next inauguration and this public unrest and Covid will raise the issue of how to manage it all - big occasion with big crowds ? Today I'd say unlikely on safety and public health grounds. He has denied Biden at every turn and this is just the next steps - delay the confirmation as Senate had to be closed down, and then stop any "occasion" from happening.

I've lived/worked in the US and am shocked to some extent that this all happened - not the divide or the seeming hatred but the way it has played out. Sitting in Australia today and watching it unfold it seemed that the "hard core disciples" were incited to "give support". People have died .... but there will be no shame . . .
getafix

Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2021, 06:59:44 AM »

LL and P MS  Star

thank you Thumb up

I've been reading on social media and they've 'outed' that chap. apparently he is an actor and a fan of guilano...his f*b is truly interesting.

it just seems senseless to be doing this now...just senseless Crazy

and this is day 6. hope this isn't a case of start as you mean to go on  Crap

Blink

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2021, 09:30:51 AM »

I was personally amazed and found it incomprehensible that one could go this far (in a country like the United States). In my opinion, Trump in particular has done the country more bad than good ...
GoodGollyMissMolly

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2021, 09:51:44 AM »

Biden’s win is in the cement. Trump is done done.
Lady Liebe

Gigantic Member

Provence Amaryllis

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2021, 09:52:46 AM »

LOL my "patriot" neighbors flags are all tattered and pathetic, I smile when I drive by them.  National news actually reporting he's "losing it"......how do you tell??

I'm old ...in order >  
                                Attempted 1-6-21 coup
                                 9/11
                                Kennedy assassination
                                Nixon resigns
                                Lennon killed (I'm an old hippy,what can I say)

Ah CoC I'm aging like fine wine. I'll see your list and add a few:

JFK assassination
Bobby Kennedy assassination
MLK assassination
Nixon resignation
Challenger Explosion
9/11
Attempted Coup

"Let us remember that, as much has been given us, much will be expected from us, and that true homage comes from the heart as well as from the lips, and shows itself in deeds."  Theodore Roosevelt
Elissa

Most Exalted Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2021, 11:09:36 AM »

The scenes at the Capitol were shocking and horrifying. It's a miracle there hasn't been more people injured or worse  Sad

In spite of all this awful events the Congress has just certified Joe Biden's victory . And Donald Trump also announced he

But this is not the end for Trump. Consequences for him are going to be worse than what he could have expected before, come Jan. 20th. Or even before if the 25th is used...

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2021, 11:22:58 AM »

But still, I see American acquaintances of mine who are 100% Trump supporters (and indicated that in public) and remain. Also the ones I would have estimated differently. One condemns the violence, regardless of who is behind it. While the other looks for it again with another party (to blame for it). Some see 4 years of Biden and co as a  very dark time. Then I wonder if they did well under Trump. In addition,there a few (very) conservative Catholics who almost only stumble upon the point of 'abortion'. But, to speak in the words of a Dutch friend, they miss the death sentences that were pushed through by Trump and co at the last minute. Is that allowed just like that?
Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2021, 11:53:29 AM »

The whole thing was surreal. And scary! I was almost as were seeing the fall of a democracy live. I wonder how such a mob moved so freely into the Capitol, when just a few months ago the BLM protests were so swiffly shut down...

Having a President complicit of this actions, and his minions continuing spreading lies is unbelievable  Crazy

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
fruela

Medium Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2021, 12:29:39 PM »

It reminds me of 23 F in Spain. We looked up to USA (and some other countries)  democracy with yearning and thought that kind of thing would never have happened or would ever happen there. Unfortunately, anything can happen anywhere. And this is a reflection from the citizen of a country where  the state institutions are being unashamedly  attacked and undermined by some politicians in office who promised to defend  and abide by the Constitution -- they claim it is outdated or they didn't have the chance to vote,anything. We should look back and learn from history.
IMO, Trump should be prosecuted and I still consider that your institutions are solid,honest, and strong enough to control this chaos and re-establish social peace. Hope and good luck to all of you, US Dishers . Take care.

Sorry, but Columbia 2003 comes to my mind too.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2021, 01:38:57 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: