Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Siege on The US Capitol  (Read 9425 times)
Lady Liebe

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Amaryllis Flamenco Queen

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: January 13, 2021, 01:24:37 AM »

Here is an article from just a few days before the riot saying that the Mayor of DC had called for the  national guard had been activated for 340 guard members for certification  day https://apnews.com/articl...1a27de48efef3cd1e6ed4abe4. Yet strangely, on the actual day, there we're no guard members at the capitol until well after the mob breached the building. It's going to be very interesting when it comes out EXACTLY who gave the order countermanding it. I am really amazed that Mike Pence, who the mob  wanted to HANG, isn't stepping away from the dumpster fire burning on the lawn at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.

I cannot give chapter and verse to this but I heard the Capitol police themselves said no- we don't need the guard.

"Let us remember that, as much has been given us, much will be expected from us, and that true homage comes from the heart as well as from the lips, and shows itself in deeds."  Theodore Roosevelt
GoodGollyMissMolly

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: January 13, 2021, 02:23:02 AM »

And as expected, the people involved are eating each other:

Ali Alexander, one of the leaders, named three (so far) Congress people who helped him and gave him inside knowledge.

Dan Rather summed it up perfectly: “The plot is getting thicker than my grandmother’s gravy.”
Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: January 13, 2021, 03:58:56 AM »

Collusion from the inside that is a new twist. I don’t know how the Republicans survive this.
Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

proud moron thx Scooby Doo

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: January 13, 2021, 07:32:01 AM »

I doubt it matters considering all of western society is decimated, and no end in sight there.

IMO if the GOP purges the Trumpism from the party - good. If not - they deserve to die.

writing angry fauxminist letters in the Lesbaru
Countess of Cows

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: January 13, 2021, 03:33:06 PM »

Watching how dc has been turned into an armed camp,  national guard is armed which is not usual.  They are calling it a ring of steel, we can certainly hope so.

Reports 3 republican senators gave the coup leaders a tour of the capitol in the days before and sent emails during the coup providing information location of people.  They are treasonous and a danger to our democracy.  Jmo they should be locked up for life if not given the Rosenberg treatment for treason....death. 

Impeachment proceeding right now, the trumpers now calling for unity make me sick, they promoted over throwing the government, keep lying about the results and supporting terrorist, some of them should go to prison, the rest to the dustbin of history.

"I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies." Pietro Aretino

I would rather be hated for something I am, than loved for something I am not. -Bob Marley
Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: January 13, 2021, 03:46:31 PM »

I would like to think these far right and left groups are just a small minority, with the majority just trying to get on with their lives, no matter what the race or gender. I was hoping for 2021 to be a bit better.
Duchess of Verona

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: January 13, 2021, 04:05:42 PM »

Watching how dc has been turned into an armed camp,  national guard is armed which is not usual.  They are calling it a ring of steel, we can certainly hope so.

Reports 3 republican senators gave the coup leaders a tour of the capitol in the days before and sent emails during the coup providing information location of people.  They are treasonous and a danger to our democracy.  Jmo they should be locked up for life if not given the Rosenberg treatment for treason....death. 

Impeachment proceeding right now, the trumpers now calling for unity make me sick, they promoted over throwing the government, keep lying about the results and supporting terrorist, some of them should go to prison, the rest to the dustbin of history.
These three plus Cruz, and Hawley need to be expelled, just like this https://www.washingtonpos...d-lincoln-election-trump/
Paulina

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: January 13, 2021, 04:08:45 PM »

And as expected, the people involved are eating each other:

Ali Alexander, one of the leaders, named three (so far) Congress people who helped him and gave him inside knowledge.

Dan Rather summed it up perfectly: “The plot is getting thicker than my grandmother’s gravy.”

Fan Rather is a national treasure. His Twitter is worth following.
RandyDrx

Mini Member

Indonesia Indonesia

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: January 13, 2021, 04:58:05 PM »

OK - I was not in the US last week or month or year - but I did work/live there and have some perspective .... the whole mindset on The Apprentice is who he is. A Bully In Chief.

These times are about him and the environment that allowed him to come to be.

It is the spin from the GOP that smoothed his way and the sections of the media that promoted him and kept him relevant in his mind and those that still support him.

These are my thoughts and just that.

There are a lot of divergent views and so there should be.

Even the Murdoch press who supported him are now looking further .... no surprise - Rupert is a guy always looking at the next opportunity

All "Alternative Facts" should be called out and exposed loudly challenged from wherever they come from

Trump was a terrible business man. Cheated people out of their money (check his law suits) - he didn't pay and ran out these small businesses in court until they gave up. His followers say "smart" and "everyone does it". We're told success at any cost is still success.

Then when he says anything bad, they defend him. It's not just uneducated people - it's across all social and economical classes. It's a cult.  It's a social media led cult.  We've seen it with other celebs (Ariana and Beyonce are the 1st that come to mind that if you say anything negative a huge wave of hate will crash down on you from their organized fans). It's a zero sum mentality.   Trump fed into that trend.  That your "leader" or "idol" is prefect, never wrong, and everyone else is a lying hater.

I pay more in taxes but I'm told he saved me money. No matter what I say, I'm told I'm lying.  I am not. 

When they ask where is the hate rhetoric? I mean honestly??? He told a mob that stopped a democratic process, put feces on the walls of the capitol, brought pipe bombs, killed and attacked multiple police officers, destroyed federal property... he told the mob to assemble, and then after it got violent he told them they're good people, that he loves them. He refused to protect his capitol, the house of reps (rep and dem alike) by failing to call in the national guards. Inaction = action.

And now because the mob was allowed once, because of the shut down of his Twitter encouragement of people not accepting the election results there will be another clash on inauguration day.   He could go,  be a freaking President, and say i concede and show the peaceful passing of the batten. But no.

I believe it's called stan culture, named after an Eminem's song. But I don't remember that this was a thing in the 2000s, it seems to took off in recent years thanks to social media.

Also, this is how you lose an election with dignity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvgqRKYapU8
genegal43

Huge Member

All I got was a Nancy Pearl Action Figure...

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: January 13, 2021, 05:14:20 PM »

I would like to think these far right and left groups are just a small minority, with the majority just trying to get on with their lives, no matter what the race or gender. I was hoping for 2021 to be a bit better.

You're right that the majority of us just want to live our lives and be left alone.  

I also recognize DC and the surrounding is detached from the rest of the US.  My grandauntie lost her grocery store (she lived in Chevy Chase, MD) and had to take a bus to Virginia to get groceries.  You know what took its place?  A high fashion clothing store.  The only place you could get fast food worth getting was taking the bridge over to Alexandria, VA.

Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
Lady Liebe

Gigantic Member

Amaryllis Flamenco Queen

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: January 13, 2021, 06:32:31 PM »

I found this article interesting.

Capitol Police official tells Congress he saw no FBI intelligence before Jan. 6 siege

https://www.nbcnews.com/n...fbi-intelligence-n1254075

The acting assistant chief of the Capitol Police told Congress on Tuesday that he was not aware of any intelligence from the FBI in advance of Jan. 6, raising questions about an assertion by a top FBI official that threat information was shared with local police in advance of the Capitol riot.

Steven D’Antuono, the head of the FBI’s Washington, D.C., field office, said Tuesday that the FBI had shared some information about threats of violence with local police before the Jan. 6 storming of the Capitol, including a report by the FBI’s field office in Norfolk, Virginia, that extremists were threatening a “war.”

The report mentioned people sharing a map of tunnels at the Capitol complex and coordinating travel to Washington, according to The Washington Post, which first reported on the F.B.I. document.

snip

NBC News reported Sunday that according to law enforcement sources briefed on the matter, the FBI and the NYPD shared some threat information with the Capitol Police in the days before the riot.

But NBC News also reported Tuesday that the FBI did not issue a comprehensive intelligence bulletin sharing everything its intelligence analysts had gathered about extremist postings on social media threatening violence. That didn’t happen because some FBI officials were concerned that issuing such a bulletin would run afoul of First Amendment protections for political speech — a view not everyone within the FBI agreed with, sources familiar with the matter said.

Despite vows of intelligence sharing between various alphabet agencies after 9/11, it does not always happen. So it's a toss up for now as to whether this information got through or not, IMHO.

"Let us remember that, as much has been given us, much will be expected from us, and that true homage comes from the heart as well as from the lips, and shows itself in deeds."  Theodore Roosevelt
Curtains

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: January 13, 2021, 09:47:40 PM »

The current WH occupant replaced most of the heads of intelligence agencies post-election with unqualified unvetted appointees.

Almost as though he wanted there to be a failure of shared intel.

"Some of it's magic, and some of it's tragic: but I had a good life, all the way." - Jimmy Buffet, America's premiere poet
TLLK

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: January 14, 2021, 12:32:04 AM »

Watching how dc has been turned into an armed camp,  national guard is armed which is not usual.  They are calling it a ring of steel, we can certainly hope so.

Reports 3 republican senators gave the coup leaders a tour of the capitol in the days before and sent emails during the coup providing information location of people.  They are treasonous and a danger to our democracy.  Jmo they should be locked up for life if not given the Rosenberg treatment for treason....death.  

Countess-The DM as usual has some of the best photos. https://www.dailymail.co....cend-DC-inauguration.html

The National Guard is being told to prepare for the possibility that those plotting attacks on the US Capitol during Joe Biden's inauguration will be using improvised explosive devices and heavily armed.    

The troops were briefed on the IED threats after pipe bombs were uncovered in the aftermath of last week's deadly siege on the US Capitol, sources told Politico.

A total of 20,000 National Guardsman have now been authorized to descend on Washington to help safeguard the capital ahead of Biden's inauguration. There are already 6,200 troops on the ground in DC and at least 10,000 will be in place by Saturday.

It's just incredible to consider that they're even required to be there.

The troops have now been cleared to carry handguns and rifles after previously only been authorized to carry protective equipment.

Hundreds of National Guard members were spotted throughout Wednesday cradling their rifles and riot gear as they slept on the stone floor of the Capitol building.

Later on Wednesday, Republican lawmakers Mike Waltz and Vicky Hartzler handed out boxes of pizza to those troops in the Capitol. Hartzler was among the Republicans branded the 'treason caucus' for objecting to Biden's win after the Capitol riots.

It is believed to be the first time troops have set up camp in the Capitol since the Civil War.

Speaker Nancy Pelosi addressed some of the troops outside the Capitol building to thank them for their service just hours before the House of Representatives started debating impeaching President Trump for a second time.
Countess of Cows

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: January 14, 2021, 12:56:05 AM »

Cry  Listening to the right still lying over and over, the hypocrisy and attitude that what happened didn't really happen....it's almost too much to bear.  I never understood how Hitler happened, now this twisted cult of personality has made it clear and it's terrifying.

Seeing the guard ......I have tears rolling down my face, I never in a million years thought this could happen in my country.  (SOB)

"I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies." Pietro Aretino

I would rather be hated for something I am, than loved for something I am not. -Bob Marley
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: January 14, 2021, 01:59:41 AM »

The current WH occupant replaced most of the heads of intelligence agencies post-election with unqualified unvetted appointees.

Almost as though he wanted there to be a failure of shared intel.

Exactly right. This was all carefully coordinated.   Too bad this much energy wasn’t put into the actual running of the country.

You're right that the majority of us just want to live our lives and be left alone.   

I also recognize DC and the surrounding is detached from the rest of the US.  My grandauntie lost her grocery store (she lived in Chevy Chase, MD) and had to take a bus to Virginia to get groceries.  You know what took its place?  A high fashion clothing store.  The only place you could get fast food worth getting was taking the bridge over to Alexandria, VA.

I’m curious as I don’t live too far from DC and I don’t understand why she had to go to Alexandria for fast food. There are tons of fabulous restaurants all over the DC area - especially on the Maryland side in Chevy Chase and Bethesda.  Alexandria is very far away - are you sure you don’t mean MacClean?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2021, 03:36:00 AM by anastasia beaverhausen » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: