Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Siege on The US Capitol  (Read 9104 times)
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: January 14, 2021, 05:53:02 AM »

The current WH occupant replaced most of the heads of intelligence agencies post-election with unqualified unvetted appointees.

Almost as though he wanted there to be a failure of shared intel.

Exactly right. This was all carefully coordinated.   Too bad this much energy wasnít put into the actual running of the country.

I would like to think these far right and left groups are just a small minority, with the majority just trying to get on with their lives, no matter what the race or gender. I was hoping for 2021 to be a bit better.

You're right that the majority of us just want to live our lives and be left alone.   

I also recognize DC and the surrounding is detached from the rest of the US.  My grandauntie lost her grocery store (she lived in Chevy Chase, MD) and had to take a bus to Virginia to get groceries.  You know what took its place?  A high fashion clothing store.  The only place you could get fast food worth getting was taking the bridge over to Alexandria, VA.

Iím curious as I donít live too far from DC and I donít understand why she had to go to Alexandria for fast food. There are tons of fabulous restaurants all over the DC area - especially on the Maryland side in Chevy Chase and Bethesda.  Alexandria is very far away - are you sure you donít mean MacClean?

I live in NOVA Virginia and am familiar with the DC, Chevy Chase area. Going to Alexandria is very far indeed.

Lady Liebe

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Amaryllis Flamenco Queen

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: January 14, 2021, 06:06:44 AM »

The current WH occupant replaced most of the heads of intelligence agencies post-election with unqualified unvetted appointees.

Exactly right. This was all carefully coordinated.   Too bad this much energy wasnít put into the actual running of the country.

I would like to think these far right and left groups are just a small minority, with the majority just trying to get on with their lives, no matter what the race or gender. I was hoping for 2021 to be a bit better.

You're right that the majority of us just want to live our lives and be left alone.   

I also recognize DC and the surrounding is detached from the rest of the US.  My grandauntie lost her grocery store (she lived in Chevy Chase, MD) and had to take a bus to Virginia to get groceries.  You know what took its place?  A high fashion clothing store.  The only place you could get fast food worth getting was taking the bridge over to Alexandria, VA.

Iím curious as I donít live too far from DC and I donít understand why she had to go to Alexandria for fast food. There are tons of fabulous restaurants all over the DC area - especially on the Maryland side in Chevy Chase and Bethesda.  Alexandria is very far away - are you sure you donít mean MacClean?

I live in NOVA Virginia and am familiar with the DC, Chevy Chase area. Going to Alexandria is very far indeed.

Going off of beginning with an A, Arlington would be closer, and still across the Potomac.

"Let us remember that, as much has been given us, much will be expected from us, and that true homage comes from the heart as well as from the lips, and shows itself in deeds."  Theodore Roosevelt
hrhpita

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: January 14, 2021, 02:09:18 PM »

Cry  Listening to the right still lying over and over, the hypocrisy and attitude that what happened didn't really happen....it's almost too much to bear.  I never understood how Hitler happened, now this twisted cult of personality has made it clear and it's terrifying.

Seeing the guard ......I have tears rolling down my face, I never in a million years thought this could happen in my country.  (SOB)

Countess, I have always said that Trump's rhetoric reminded me of what I know about H*tler.  Very similar. And, sometimes I think people did not learn the lesson and it makes me sad.

genegal43

Huge Member

All I got was a Nancy Pearl Action Figure...

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: January 14, 2021, 02:43:33 PM »

Nope, Alexandria.  Whenever we visited her we'd go to to Wendy's in Alexandria after going to a museum  for lunch.  That was the only fast food place we knew where it was.
 We went to Target there one time to get a cord for our scanner. 

My aunt had to take a bus to go grocery shopping instead of walking the block it took from her condo.  She ordered her clothes from a catalog.

Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
GoodGollyMissMolly

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: January 14, 2021, 08:36:07 PM »

Nope, Alexandria.  Whenever we visited her we'd go to to Wendy's in Alexandria after going to a museum  for lunch.  That was the only fast food place we knew where it was.

My aunt had to take a bus to go grocery shopping instead of walking the block it took from her condo.  She ordered her clothes from a catalog.

Iím from a few hours south of that area, and Iím confused as well. There are tons of fast food - chain and local - places in Alexandria. As well as a number of grocery stores.
genegal43

Huge Member

All I got was a Nancy Pearl Action Figure...

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: January 14, 2021, 09:17:15 PM »

Iím from a few hours south of that area, and Iím confused as well. There are tons of fast food - chain and local - places in Alexandria. As well as a number of grocery stores.

Wendy's was the only place we could find in Alexandria for lunch while visiting DC.

Okay, my Auntie didn't take a bus to Alexandria after she lost her grocery story in the Chevy Chase area.  Her condo was a block away from the grocery that was there at the time she was living in Chevy Chase...  She could always walk to the grocery store.  When it was torn down the City told her they would provide a bus for residents of her condo who needed to go to a grocery store.

Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: January 14, 2021, 09:32:58 PM »

Cry  Listening to the right still lying over and over, the hypocrisy and attitude that what happened didn't really happen....it's almost too much to bear.  I never understood how Hitler happened, now this twisted cult of personality has made it clear and it's terrifying.

Seeing the guard ......I have tears rolling down my face, I never in a million years thought this could happen in my country.  (SOB)

Countess, I have always said that Trump's rhetoric reminded me of what I know about H*tler.  Very similar. And, sometimes I think people did not learn the lesson and it makes me sad.

Please donít compare Trump with Hitler, unless you are making it very, very clear that you are only referring to whipping up outrage and hysteria - not instigating a state killing machine to slaughter 6 million.
hrhpita

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: January 15, 2021, 12:28:01 AM »

Please donít compare Trump with Hitler, unless you are making it very, very clear that you are only referring to whipping up outrage and hysteria - not instigating a state killing machine to slaughter 6 million.

Yes, only in the sense of outrage & hysteria.

hrhpita

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: January 15, 2021, 12:31:03 AM »

That is why I used the word rhetoric in my original response to Counters.

Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: January 15, 2021, 02:50:45 AM »

Thanks! Hug
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: January 15, 2021, 09:48:15 AM »

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: January 15, 2021, 01:58:40 PM »

anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: January 16, 2021, 12:52:36 AM »

Laugh bounce

I almost feel bad laughing at that.  Almost.
LittleThunder

Gigantic Member

France France

Forever my Queen.

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: January 16, 2021, 01:01:40 PM »

Star Laughing Laughing Laughing

I hope these idiots have this meme as a poster in their prison cell !  Spiteful

tsarinya

Small Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: January 19, 2021, 03:14:22 AM »

Does anyone think that something will happen on Inauguration Day? I honestly donít think there will be - they have far too many guarding the area that they wonít let any like the siege happen again.
I hope the day goes smoothly.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: