Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2021 Swedish Royal News  (Read 36305 times)
Ginger

Small Member

Sweden Sweden

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: April 27, 2021, 05:16:29 AM »

isn't Madeline amazing! The wife of one rich man and daughter of another is such an inspiration to feminists everywhere 😋
Madeleine has always had a strong will of her own, already as a toddler, and I guess she has tried to navigate as best she could.
Born into the system she was, she somehow personified rebellion, so...yes.
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: April 27, 2021, 05:17:02 AM »

Vic, Dan, Fred, Mosh, Haakon and MM had a meeting to update one another on their family lives, work projects, and the impact of the pandemic on their work

periwinkle

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: April 27, 2021, 05:22:19 AM »

I'm more interested in checking out the decor than the people. They're supremely boring for the most part. Mary's hair is so dated it reminds me of the 1970's. I love the blue floral wallpaper in Norway they seem to have a cozy home. The Swedish house looks like fancy non-intellectuals live there. The Danish place is just weird with those funky murals I really don't know what to think of it.
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: April 27, 2021, 08:57:14 AM »

Royal families of Scandinavia? Look into laptop risers. We are too long into the pandemic for you to still be sticking your laptop on a pile of priceless books

Cool your jets, everyone
Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: April 27, 2021, 10:24:11 AM »

Fred has aged so much, he was such a cute guy at one time.
SvenskaSarah

Big Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: April 27, 2021, 11:46:30 AM »

In the clip posted on the royal instagram account, the clip is about CG discussing his favourite type of forest, which CG says is not an easy question to answer. But he talks about what first comes to mind when he thinks of forests, high trees, sands, when it is dry (weather wise) and warm. I never noticed how much of a relaxing voice CG has...as I listened to that one minute clip I was visioning a paradise in a forest somewhere!

I like his nod to Philip. I like to think of royals visiting one another privately. Of course, at the time CG was 16 the Queen of Sweden was Louise nee Mountbatten, sister to Louis, so I can imagine there was a sense of closeness between CG and Philip. It seems Louise attended many BRF occasions like weddings on behalf of the King and Sweden. She also was prone to going off on spontaneous walks, so always carried a card with her that read something along the lines of "I am the Queen of Sweden". I was reading Lord Mountbatten's biography and it was stated that apparently Louis tried to engineer a marriage between CG and Princess Anne, which would of course bind the UK and Swedish monarchies. Safe to say that Anne would be a very different consort to Silvia!

I absolutely love the idea of carrying a card saying "I am the Queen of Sweden!"     Are there any stories of what happened if she had to give it to someone she met on one of her rambles?  I think your average person might be more inclined to think the card-bearer was crazy than to believe that she was truly royalty!   

Scroll down to the 'Queen' section on her wiki page:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louise_Mountbatten

It seems that it was a safety measure as she had a habit of jay-walking, so should she have been hit by a vehicle, she could easily be identified. It is certainly a humorous anecdote!
Kayzilla

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: April 27, 2021, 12:50:53 PM »

In the clip posted on the royal instagram account, the clip is about CG discussing his favourite type of forest, which CG says is not an easy question to answer. But he talks about what first comes to mind when he thinks of forests, high trees, sands, when it is dry (weather wise) and warm. I never noticed how much of a relaxing voice CG has...as I listened to that one minute clip I was visioning a paradise in a forest somewhere!

I like his nod to Philip. I like to think of royals visiting one another privately. Of course, at the time CG was 16 the Queen of Sweden was Louise nee Mountbatten, sister to Louis, so I can imagine there was a sense of closeness between CG and Philip. It seems Louise attended many BRF occasions like weddings on behalf of the King and Sweden. She also was prone to going off on spontaneous walks, so always carried a card with her that read something along the lines of "I am the Queen of Sweden". I was reading Lord Mountbatten's biography and it was stated that apparently Louis tried to engineer a marriage between CG and Princess Anne, which would of course bind the UK and Swedish monarchies. Safe to say that Anne would be a very different consort to Silvia!

I absolutely love the idea of carrying a card saying "I am the Queen of Sweden!"     Are there any stories of what happened if she had to give it to someone she met on one of her rambles?  I think your average person might be more inclined to think the card-bearer was crazy than to believe that she was truly royalty!   

Scroll down to the 'Queen' section on her wiki page:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louise_Mountbatten

It seems that it was a safety measure as she had a habit of jay-walking, so should she have been hit by a vehicle, she could easily be identified. It is certainly a humorous anecdote!

The "I am Queen" card makes some sad sense to me, because the accounts of Princess Grace of Monaco's death state that Princess Stephanie had trouble convincing the first responders who she and her mother were at the time of the accident and trying to get them to call her father at the palace.
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: April 27, 2021, 04:04:43 PM »

isn't Madeline amazing! The wife of one rich man and daughter of another is such an inspiration to feminists everywhere 😋

Do you know what’s an inspiration?  The fact that she chose a life away from the spotlight and looks extremely happy.  That seems to bother some people, perhaps because they’re very unhappy.
Princess MS

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: April 27, 2021, 04:08:33 PM »

Do you know what’s an inspiration?  The fact that she chose a life away from the spotlight and looks extremely happy.  That seems to bother some people, perhaps because they’re very unhappy.

Yes her life and choices... they seem happy as a family
anneboleyn

Warned
Small Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: April 27, 2021, 07:34:36 PM »

Madeleine did not choose her parents; she could not help the family she was born into. However, she should be commended for finding a man she loves and carving out a life for herself that brings her and her family joy. As a feminist, I do think Madeleine is a bit amazing. I think it's ridiculous to criticize her for being born to a rich couple and then marrying a rich man. I'm guessing she didn't marry Chris because he was rich, but because she loved him. The money was just an added bonus, and frankly, unsurprising. It was unlikely that Madeleine was ever going to meet someone that wasn't on some sort of financial level, just because of the circle she was raised in.

Royal families of Scandinavia? Look into laptop risers. We are too long into the pandemic for you to still be sticking your laptop on a pile of priceless books

I have to agree! I had to take a double look when I saw these photos.

Royals - they're just like us!
Lovis

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: April 27, 2021, 08:44:44 PM »

Madeleine did not choose her parents; she could not help the family she was born into. However, she should be commended for finding a man she loves and carving out a life for herself that brings her and her family joy. As a feminist, I do think Madeleine is a bit amazing. I think it's ridiculous to criticize her for being born to a rich couple and then marrying a rich man. I'm guessing she didn't marry Chris because he was rich, but because she loved him. The money was just an added bonus, and frankly, unsurprising. It was unlikely that Madeleine was ever going to meet someone that wasn't on some sort of financial level, just because of the circle she was raised in.

I have to agree! I had to take a double look when I saw these photos.

Royals - they're just like us!

Why? What do you think is amazing? (I`m really interested.  Smiley )
anneboleyn

Warned
Small Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: April 27, 2021, 09:33:30 PM »

I tend to think any woman is amazing, unless they prove me otherwise. So far, Madeleine marrying a man she claims to love and creating a private life for her family checks that box. If she is content to be a stay at home mother while raising her young children, I think that's amazing. If she wants to work while raising her young children, I think that's amazing. From the little I know of Madeleine, she doesn't seem scandalous and she keeps to keep to herself. She hasn't given me any reason to dislike her.
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: April 28, 2021, 06:41:26 AM »

Meeting with Matilda Ernkrans, Minister of Higher Education and Research, who updated them on the government's research policy, ongoing initiatives, and international research collaborations

Lovis

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: April 28, 2021, 10:02:05 AM »

I tend to think any woman is amazing, unless they prove me otherwise. So far, Madeleine marrying a man she claims to love and creating a private life for her family checks that box. If she is content to be a stay at home mother while raising her young children, I think that's amazing. If she wants to work while raising her young children, I think that's amazing. From the little I know of Madeleine, she doesn't seem scandalous and she keeps to keep to herself. She hasn't given me any reason to dislike her.

Thank you for your answer. Smiley
anneboleyn

Warned
Small Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: April 28, 2021, 04:19:25 PM »

Thank you for your answer. Smiley

You're welcome!!!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: