Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haakon & Mette-Marit - News & Events 2021  (Read 25012 times)
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: June 15, 2021, 03:26:10 PM »

Both ML and Hakoon choose rather controversal partners. I don't think Hakoon was thinking much when he choose her, he surely did not asset her abilities as a Queen consort. I found it a romantic story back then like "prince meets single mom and marries her" and inititally there was hope. It sounded as if she had some spirit - when he married she was a student, working, a single mom ... but I think her main problem is laziness and nitpicking.

She could be absolutely stunning if she put some effort in her looks (ditch the liberian glasses from the 50s, take care of her roots (it got better) and burn all little house in the prairie dresses she owns).

I could forgive her not caring about her look if she worked more/ supported more causes. I know that she has been seriously sick for a while but, let's face it, there was always something wrong with her right from the beginning. Once the flu that lasted from October - Mai (and did not prevent her from attening events she liked) - also her third pregancy (I was pregnant at the same time), she announced super early and declared that she could not work until birth or something like that ...

Gemsheal

Medium Member

United States United States

I make my own memes

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: June 16, 2021, 01:40:11 AM »

IMO she looks pretty normal for a Norwegian woman. I appreciate her being so chill about her body size and shape but otherwise I find her extremely unremarkable. She has never really done much but raising her children (along with Haakon so it’s not like she’s a hero in this) and creating controversies on the way. Considering the opportunity she’s been given in life, I find her rather annoying.

Yes!  Nail on the head comment for me  Star
The drifting she’s done since her marriage!  "Studying" and the various trips hither and yon, on her own, finding herself.  When she should have been an exemplary, hardworking Norwegian representative.  I have no respect for her.  I have less respect for Haakon for choosing with his tool than his thinking head.   

Ironically, I think Sofia of Sweden *someone I dislike* would work harder as a CP, that is, if anyone wanted her around.  She seems to care about being liked, and maybe is even a little interested in being useful.  MM don't give a hot damn now, and I really don't think she ever did. 

"... luscious woodbine,
With sweet musk roses and with eglantine:
There sleeps Titania sometime of the night,
Lull'd in these flowers with dances and delight."

Shakespeare - A Midsummer Night's Dream
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: June 16, 2021, 01:12:23 PM »

H & MM met with Norwegian Sea Rescue Society for a briefing on emergency preparedness this summer. The Sea Rescue Society saw an increase in help needed last year and expect this season to be similar due to more people choosing boating holidays in Norway.

And as always, Haakon is wearing his favourite shoes.. Some things never change! 

periwinkle

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: June 16, 2021, 09:46:54 PM »

That CPR tube is very nifty I hope that shows up all over the place now. I like Mette Marit's look today it's a zero on the Little House on the Prairie scale lol.
Kayzilla

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: June 16, 2021, 11:01:27 PM »

That CPR tube is very nifty I hope that shows up all over the place now. I like Mette Marit's look today it's a zero on the Little House on the Prairie scale lol.

Lol is "Little House on the Prairie Scale" gonna be our new rating for Mette Marit? I love it Laugh bounce
Paulina

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: June 17, 2021, 02:37:18 PM »

Her dress and sweater look great on her. Clean lines suit her very well.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: June 17, 2021, 03:18:06 PM »

Several years back we, at a CPR/First aid training already got a CPR tube gifted. But the package was that large, you wouldn't easy carry it around (when not being in a car)
onar

Humongous Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: June 17, 2021, 07:49:00 PM »

Her dress and sweater look great on her. Clean lines suit her very well.
ITA she looks reat!

Larzen

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: July 07, 2021, 09:57:33 AM »

The Labour leader Jon as Gahr Støre om election campaign seems to have run in to Mette-Marit when in Kristiansand where the CP family is vacationing.
They are reportedly friendly privately and the two couples have been photographed on walks a couple of years ago.
https://www.fvn.no/nyhete...vil-ha-inn-fire-fra-agder

fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: July 07, 2021, 11:33:39 AM »

Geez!! Is that MM in that picture?
She looks way older than in the pix of the last event.
I am usually rolling my eyes at the "she looks old enough to be Abc's mother" posts, because let's face it: the ladies are all pushing 50 and we do not wake up glamorous any more at that point in life - we need a bit more time for that.

But heavens she looks terrible...

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: July 07, 2021, 11:38:02 AM »

Geez!! Is that MM in that picture?
She looks way older than in the pix of the last event.
I am usually rolling my eyes at the "she looks old enough to be Abc's mother" posts, because let's face it: the ladies are all pushing 50 and we do not wake up glamorous any more at that point in life - we need a bit more time for that.

But heavens she looks terrible...

Indeed!
Cordelia Fitzgerald

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: July 07, 2021, 03:50:40 PM »

Yipes!  Maybe it is a trick of the light but she sure seems to be greying at the temples!!  I know she apparently isn't in the best of health, but she doesn't look sick in this picture, just old and a bit shopworn.
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: July 07, 2021, 05:58:38 PM »

Yipes!  Maybe it is a trick of the light but she sure seems to be greying at the temples!!  I know she apparently isn't in the best of health, but she doesn't look sick in this picture, just old and a bit shopworn.

Yep. It’s like that scene in Stardust when Michelle Pfeiffer runs out of star hearts to eat and loses her youth. She should take better care of herself.
Kemenate

Small Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: July 14, 2021, 05:05:00 PM »

Since when she is having that second ear lope hole?
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: July 31, 2021, 11:57:22 AM »

One of their dogs passed away  Sad

MM shared this on instagram:
This week our Muffins died of cancer. The whole family’s fun sea urchin and best friend who was born at our home in the living room. Ever since she came into the world, she has been the natural centre of our lives. She has been fed, dressed in all kinds of clothes, taken on trips and skiing, and has lived a good dog life. She could be quite naughty and loved to run off, but most of all Muffins especially loved cuddles, children, lawnmowers, and Milly. She has given us all more love, comfort and laughter than we can hope for, and everyone here, especially her mom, Milly, misses her very much.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: