Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Charlene 2021 - News & Events  (Read 49431 times)
Countess of Cows

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: June 04, 2021, 05:29:20 PM »

She dropped out for training. It all came out during the engagement period.  Back reading those first threads will be an eye opener for people not familar with her vast shortcomings.

That is part of the problem IMO she was coddled and protected as an athelete, then coddled and protected as a mistress for 10 years. Her maturity is stuck in her teens.  Most women have lived on their own,  worked, travelled, experienced many situations, accomplished things, giving them a foundation to grow and learn as human beings.  Experience giving them the strenghth to weather any circumstances.

Cha Cha didn't, even her olympic accomplishment wasn't her own, it was a team effort, she didn't win in solo events.   Her olympic days were over, she was lucky to snag a billionaire. She probably thought she's hit the jackpot, learning too late, when you marry for money, you pay a price everyday.   I have to assume her life would have been fuller and she'd be happier (children aside) if she'd never met him, married a good man that really loved her and became a swimming teacher. 

"I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies." Pietro Aretino

I would rather be hated for something I am, than loved for something I am not. -Bob Marley
anneboleyn

Warned
Medium Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: June 04, 2021, 05:42:39 PM »

I wish I could ask her how it got to this point. She was clearly unhappy leading up to the marriage. They've never looked besotted, so I don't know why she dated him in the first place. The whole situation is weird and sad. Regardless of how Charlene and Albert feel about each other, I would hope they would both make time for their children and be as present as possible. Children growing up without a steady parent presence often have long term effects.
periwinkle

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: June 04, 2021, 06:35:50 PM »

Well let's face it she is not exactly sophisticated or cultured although she is probably a perfectly nice enough person in the right context maybe even fun. She is basic not extra but probably got taken away by the money and glitter that Albert offered I mean I'm basic too but it would be hard not to be thrilled by fun parties and flowing champagne if you are not used to that. She probably felt special and maybe for the first time in her life I don't know. I think Albert is a weirdo when it comes to sex but I also think he is his mother's son and super polite and basically calm not chaotic as his nature and probably a generous man because he can be. Charlene must have appealed to him for a number of reasons. She is a blank slate onto which he could apply First Lady fantasies and a willing co-conspirator to ignore the freaky stuff and just be a baby factory and cut ribbons and she is athletic which links her to the Kellys. That whole family was crazy competitive I remember reading that they were all dismayed by Grace who didn't seem to care that much. Bad match but I hope that Charlene's mental health is prioritized and I feel that Albert would do what he needs to to gloss over any real problems and keep her at bay and healthy and silent on the real reasons why things are bad. I can't help but feel there is another baby or child out there and it broke her. Why can't these boys just get snipped it's 15 minutes and a day with an ice pack on your lap and reversible if you want I mean really.
anneboleyn

Warned
Medium Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: June 04, 2021, 07:31:56 PM »

Why can't these boys just get snipped it's 15 minutes and a day with an ice pack on your lap and reversible if you want I mean really.

Agreed! He has a (legitimate) son and a daughter. If he wants to cheat around on Charlene, then at least get snipped so you're not continually fighting paternity tests...
jolene

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: June 05, 2021, 03:15:59 AM »

She she at least have to do home schooling and get a high school equivalent diploma? Most athletes do that so they can complete high school and then have a choice at attending university. Many former Olympians have gone on to higher ed like Kerri Strug, Apolo Ohno, etc.
Duchess of Verona

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: June 05, 2021, 03:56:46 AM »

Ok, can I just comment on the 'drop out of school'/training for the olympics part? As you all  know, Juliette is a high level figure skater. It is common  in many sports for children who are talented and in the hunt to train for Nationals/Worlds/Olympics for them to be home schooled rather than go to class in a fixed school. We chose not to go that route, because Juliette wants to be a surgeon, and it does those kids no favors  academically when they get to Uni and cant manage the course load. I do think it's quite possible that what is meant by 'stopped school' is a rough translation for home school/private tutoring. I doubt she just had not a lick of education from 8th grade onwards, which would, IMO be criminal.
Nappyolean

Mini Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: June 05, 2021, 05:58:39 AM »

I completely agree about the home schooled aspect of Olympic level training. I just haven’t found anything about that in any bios on Charlene. Her education in any of her bios I found is ignored. For example, here is the Education I found on wiki from gymnast Simone Biles:

“In 2012, Biles made the choice to switch from public school to home school, allowing her to increase her training from approximately 20 to 32 hours per week. She gained all of her secondary education as a homeschooler, graduating in the summer of 2015. Biles verbally committed to UCLA on August 4, 2014”

Nothing like this on Charlene.
Paulina

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: June 05, 2021, 06:31:05 AM »

I love, love, love the UCLA gymnastics team. The young women seem happy, supported, and free to be themselves. The coaching staff is amazing.
loveofenglishtradition

Baby Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: June 05, 2021, 05:50:31 PM »

Most things I've read suggest she's, cold, aloof and doesn't try to hide her boredom at events.  She has never made an effort to fit in, learn the language or even half way pretend she cares about Monaco.  All she is interested in is South Afrika.

It was clear from her few interviews and stories from her "friends".  She is uneducated (dropped out in 8th grade), in no way intellectually   curious or anxious to learn, and has little interest of expanding her horizons.  Her kid, clothes and SA are all she seems to care about.  Her childishness and immaturity stands out and several mentioned her cruel sense of humor (she liked putting snakes down peoples shirts).  I remember someone saying when you look in her eyes, it's blank, like no one is there.  Her dead, vacant doll eyes have always creeped me out. 

I never understood what he saw in her other than she was happy to over look his freaky kinks in the bedroom,  loved the perks and turned a blind eye to his shenanigans. In the beginning she was no beauty, walked like a truck driver and had absolutely no natural charm (still not much, she's ruined her face, still looks bored, unsmiling and charmless).  Same with him,  I have never seen what he had to offer other than money (which I've read he is totally stingy with)  He doesn't buy her jewelry, it's always borrowed. <<

ITA with you , very good analysis

But, I must have missed something, what are his "freaky kinks in the bedrooms"? Who brought that up, and who told the public about that?
Ok, he has two illegitimate children, that happens, not only to rich men. He admitted it and is paying for them, I am sure. If there turns up another child from some Brazilian woman, he will pay for that too. But, I really wonder, why that woman comes out with her statement now, after almost 15 years??? That looks like a business for me. If she got pregnant and knew who could be the father she would have directly contacted him, but not after all these years.

And, I don't see how that should be news or a problem for Charlene. It was in 2005, they were not married at that time, even the other illegitimate children he has,were before her time. She must have known about that.
It is a pity that she married him and even got the twins. Looks to me that she felt obligated to get them, a woman who does not know what she wanted, maybe a bit stupid. Now, she seems to be confined into a cage and wants to break out.
Tragic , especially for the adorable children, I feel very sorry for them.

Looking back on those dating years videos, her unfitness for the job is glaring!  He wanted a baby maker that would let him do what he wants no questions or pressure.  Never did she shine with love or gaze at him with adoration, same with him, it was clearly a business arrangement.   I thought at one point it was becoming a love match, they seemed happy after the children, more affectionate and smiling, but now this.   Something happened before that first haircut.  She is demanding attention or crying for help, I suspect another baby daddy scandal was too much to handle.

Monaco won't suffer without her but her children will and that is sad, hopefully an accomodation can be found for her to stay close to them.  But staying in Afrika won't make that easy.

There are several marry ins that have taken their responsibilities seriously, kept their real personalities and excelled in their role....cha cha is not one of them.  Heck even mares and Hophia are better at the role than her and they aren't exactly over achievers.  She can disappear from the scene and no one will notice but her children. 

anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: June 05, 2021, 06:22:05 PM »

Most things I've read suggest she's, cold, aloof and doesn't try to hide her boredom at events.  She has never made an effort to fit in, learn the language or even half way pretend she cares about Monaco.  All she is interested in is South Afrika.

It was clear from her few interviews and stories from her "friends".  She is uneducated (dropped out in 8th grade), in no way intellectually   curious or anxious to learn, and has little interest of expanding her horizons.  Her kid, clothes and SA are all she seems to care about.  Her childishness and immaturity stands out and several mentioned her cruel sense of humor (she liked putting snakes down peoples shirts).  I remember someone saying when you look in her eyes, it's blank, like no one is there.  Her dead, vacant doll eyes have always creeped me out. 

I never understood what he saw in her other than she was happy to over look his freaky kinks in the bedroom,  loved the perks and turned a blind eye to his shenanigans. In the beginning she was no beauty, walked like a truck driver and had absolutely no natural charm (still not much, she's ruined her face, still looks bored, unsmiling and charmless).  Same with him,  I have never seen what he had to offer other than money (which I've read he is totally stingy with)  He doesn't buy her jewelry, it's always borrowed. <<

But, I must have missed something, what are his "freaky kinks in the bedrooms"? Who brought that up, and who told the public about that?
Ok, he has two illegitimate children, that happens, not only to rich men. He admitted it and is paying for them, I am sure. If there turns up another child from some Brazilian woman, he will pay for that too. But, I really wonder, why that woman comes out with her statement now, after almost 15 years??? That looks like a business for me. If she got pregnant and knew who could be the father she would have directly contacted him, but not after all these years.

And, I don't see how that should be news or a problem for Charlene. It was in 2005, they were not married at that time, even the other illegitimate children he has,were before her time. She must have known about that.
It is a pity that she married him and even got the twins. Looks to me that she felt obligated to get them, a woman who does not know what she wanted, maybe a bit stupid. Now, she seems to be confined into a cage and wants to break out.

Looking back on those dating years videos, her unfitness for the job is glaring!  He wanted a baby maker that would let him do what he wants no questions or pressure.  Never did she shine with love or gaze at him with adoration, same with him, it was clearly a business arrangement.   I thought at one point it was becoming a love match, they seemed happy after the children, more affectionate and smiling, but now this.   Something happened before that first haircut.  She is demanding attention or crying for help, I suspect another baby daddy scandal was too much to handle.

Monaco won't suffer without her but her children will and that is sad, hopefully an accomodation can be found for her to stay close to them.  But staying in Afrika won't make that easy.

There are several marry ins that have taken their responsibilities seriously, kept their real personalities and excelled in their role....cha cha is not one of them.  Heck even mares and Hophia are better at the role than her and they aren't exactly over achievers.  She can disappear from the scene and no one will notice but her children. 

Probably, but surely there were better baby makers out there, preferably ones from the same continent. Why did he pick her and, more importantly, why did she accept?  To me, this is the royal “love story” that is more interesting than  certain others.
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: June 05, 2021, 07:22:11 PM »

I would say that it scares off a woman if there is a man that is the head of Monaco, but very irresponsible when it comes to his sex life. I guess Al outruled all the women that were attracted because of his position or money. I don't think Charlene is very materialistic. It is very hard to read her. She seems aloof or "empty" a lot of times but then she does not radiate arrogance like Mares would. She is not warm (except around kids) but she does not seem cold, either. You can't read her.

She is home now, btw. The daily mail ran an article on it.
Countess of Cows

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: June 05, 2021, 08:14:11 PM »

The Mail article headline is misleading ( Yikes omg imagine that)  The article says they don't know where she is or when the photo was taken.  It's her brother that lives in SA, so I assume it was taken there.  Cute little birthday girl, happy to see the twins around their own age cousins.   Jumping

"I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies." Pietro Aretino

I would rather be hated for something I am, than loved for something I am not. -Bob Marley
Celia

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: June 05, 2021, 08:20:52 PM »

I would say that it scares off a woman if there is a man that is the head of Monaco, but very irresponsible when it comes to his sex life. I guess Al outruled all the women that were attracted because of his position or money. I don't think Charlene is very materialistic. It is very hard to read her. She seems aloof or "empty" a lot of times but then she does not radiate arrogance like Mares would. She is not warm (except around kids) but she does not seem cold, either. You can't read her.

She is home now, btw. The daily mail ran an article on it.

I think there's just nothing *there* with Charlene. 
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: June 05, 2021, 08:59:06 PM »

Probably, but surely there were better baby makers out there, preferably ones from the same continent. Why did he pick her and, more importantly, why did she accept?  To me, this is the royal “love story” that is more interesting than  certain others.

My guess from his part: He wanted/needed someone to beer him an heir. Charlene had the right age, is not unattractive, who he could show off...came from a well-suited, but not too rich family, who wouldn't interfere in politics. I think he also missed/was looking for a happy family life.

Her part: Al was rich. She needed someone to finance her life after her swimming "carrier".

She totally misjudged her role imo. She probably thought she would get the money (beer him a child or two) and then go off to SA for at least six months a year.
ralf103

Huge Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: June 06, 2021, 12:26:44 AM »

I think you are right other than the suggestion she hasn't got what she wanted - I'm betting she has a property in SA to jet off to on private jet whenever she wants, even the furthest places feel close when you can rely on a dedicated private jet and all the benefits of being the wife of a Head of State(sailing through customs etc). I have a feeling they lead rather separate lives, and maybe that is what works best for them.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: