Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Charlene 2021 - News & Events  (Read 49407 times)
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: June 06, 2021, 10:47:06 AM »

The Mail article headline is misleading ( Yikes omg imagine that)  The article says they don't know where she is or when the photo was taken.  It's her brother that lives in SA, so I assume it was taken there.  Cute little birthday girl, happy to see the twins around their own age cousins.   Jumping

Thanks - I was mislead. She is still there ... apologies ..

loveofenglishtradition

Baby Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: June 06, 2021, 05:31:36 PM »

The Mail article headline is misleading ( Yikes omg imagine that)  The article says they don't know where she is or when the photo was taken.  It's her brother that lives in SA, so I assume it was taken there.  Cute little birthday girl, happy to see the twins around their own age cousins.   Jumping

But somewhere I read that Al and the children went to SA to visit her,  the brother and their children. Looks like that he had a feeling to go there and get her back to Monaco, just an idea...

That brother and his wife and his children are living in Monaco, thats what I thought, or does she have another brother who is living in South Africa?

Recent events in Monaco were performed by Stephanie, Louis and his wife. Where is Caroline and her sons to represent the family?

It seems all  a bit strange
Countess of Cows

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: June 06, 2021, 06:39:24 PM »

I think she has 2 brothers, Garth?? Garrett? something like that, lives in Monaco and shows up at a lot of events.  Another Sean (in the pic) lives in SA (or so I understand), they all may be in Monaco on the pay wagon by now.

Looks like IMO the palace is trying to do cover stories planting these these articles in the media, trying to hide the weird situation.

One today is more pointed, going so far to post time line since she was seen, so their cover story is going downhill fast.  If we don't see her soon, I'll really think they have separated.  JMO

I hope if she is gone, Beatrice will step in as Monaco First Lady.  She would bring beauty, intelligence and charm (something totally lacking since cha cha showed up on the scene) back to Monaco.  I don't think Caroline wants to come back.  She's enjoying her life and grandkids, why would she want the hassles.

"I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies." Pietro Aretino

I would rather be hated for something I am, than loved for something I am not. -Bob Marley
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: June 06, 2021, 07:51:10 PM »

I think you are right other than the suggestion she hasn't got what she wanted - I'm betting she has a property in SA to jet off to on private jet whenever she wants, even the furthest places feel close when you can rely on a dedicated private jet and all the benefits of being the wife of a Head of State(sailing through customs etc). I have a feeling they lead rather separate lives, and maybe that is what works best for them.

Being a wife of the head of state is still something different than being wife of a third brother.

Charlene is not exactly what I call intelligent, but she's got enough brains to know that she's not well liked in Monaco or in the family. They tolerate her, but that's it. And she knows that this is at least partly her fault. Living in SA for half a year also means not being able to see her children for six months. And as a mother I can totally relate to her here.
Duchess of Verona

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: June 07, 2021, 05:29:38 AM »

I think she has 2 brothers, Garth?? Garrett? something like that, lives in Monaco and shows up at a lot of events.  Another Sean (in the pic) lives in SA (or so I understand), they all may be in Monaco on the pay wagon by now.

Looks like IMO the palace is trying to do cover stories planting these these articles in the media, trying to hide the weird situation.

One today is more pointed, going so far to post time line since she was seen, so their cover story is going downhill fast.  If we don't see her soon, I'll really think they have separated.  JMO

I hope if she is gone, Beatrice will step in as Monaco First Lady.  She would bring beauty, intelligence and charm (something totally lacking since cha cha showed up on the scene) back to Monaco.  I don't think Caroline wants to come back.  She's enjoying her life and grandkids, why would she want the hassles.

Certainly a better choice than the other two siblings. Andrea  has for years  looked like he is ingesting something that he should not be (being polite here) and his wife  Tatiana makes no bones that she has zero interest in the 'family business' and resting serial killer face https://www.gofugyourself...onaco-national-day-2016-4.  The same can be said of Charlotte. Though she looks less like she is constantly smelling an open drain.
Jane

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: June 07, 2021, 09:30:40 AM »

Albert was openly shopping around for an Olympic athlete to marry. He briefly dated Australian hurdler Jana Pittman.

https://www.nowtolove.com...-with-prince-albert-36830
Nappyolean

Mini Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: June 07, 2021, 11:54:59 AM »

Tatiana gave up her US citizenship. I presume she didnt like the US govt poking around in her financial affairs. That being said, I don’t think she would want any undue attention on her that being the face of Monaco would bring.
Duchess of Verona

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: June 07, 2021, 03:31:07 PM »

It's not so much 'poking around' as the fact that a US citizen, regardless of where they live or make their money is required to pay US income tax, in her bracket 37%.
Nappyolean

Mini Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: June 07, 2021, 05:23:12 PM »

Right but someone like her would never pay 37%. She would most likely pay ver little because of deductions, loopholes, foreign bank accounts, etc. That is what I mean by “poking around”. The US govt isn’t going to “take her word for it”. Really wealthy people get audited every year.
Gemsheal

Medium Member

I make my own memes

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: June 07, 2021, 06:50:41 PM »

Charlene has looked bad since before Christmas.  I have a feeling this longish absence is more serious than we're being told.   I think she's had a breakdown of some kind and is seeking treatment in SA.   

"... luscious woodbine,
With sweet musk roses and with eglantine:
There sleeps Titania sometime of the night,
Lull'd in these flowers with dances and delight."

Shakespeare - A Midsummer Night's Dream
anneboleyn

Warned
Medium Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: June 07, 2021, 09:51:48 PM »

Charlene has looked bad since before Christmas.  I have a feeling this longish absence is more serious than we're being told.   I think she's had a breakdown of some kind and is seeking treatment in SA.   

That's my line of thinking as well. I feel like it is more mental health related.
Isabel

Mini Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: June 10, 2021, 10:58:05 AM »

I don't like her military crop hair but trying to be fair to her, she is doing her own stuff.  Monaco is pretty much in the hands of Albert and their marriage is their own affair.  They are not accountable to tax payers (what tax payers?) and they can do as they like.  No one knows the reality of their marriage except them.

Cordelia Fitzgerald

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: June 10, 2021, 07:12:31 PM »

I don't like her military crop hair but trying to be fair to her, she is doing her own stuff.  Monaco is pretty much in the hands of Albert and their marriage is their own affair.  They are not accountable to tax payers (what tax payers?) and they can do as they like.  No one knows the reality of their marriage except them.

I don't know much about the workings of this country/family so I'm curious about the bolded part...are they self-funded?  Or do the residents of Monaco not really care what they do?
anneboleyn

Warned
Medium Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: June 10, 2021, 07:37:32 PM »

I'm also curious about that. I thought every royal family was funded by tax payers.
Duchess of Verona

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: June 10, 2021, 10:42:09 PM »

Nope. Primarily his real estate portfolio...$1 Billion worth.  https://www.ibtimes.com/p...2C%20worth%20%24754%2C000. He's the third richest ruler in Europe behind Lichtenstein and Luxembourg
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: