Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monacco National Day 2021  (Read 5342 times)
ralf103

Huge Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: November 20, 2021, 11:31:04 PM »

If the kids wanted to hold signs up it says a-lot about Albert for letting them do so knowing full well he’d probably be damned if he did and damned if he didn’t. Reminds me of when the BRF was accused of not caring when they went to church a day or so after Diana died- even though it was the routine her boys were used to and it turns out what they wanted to do people said they shouldn’t have taken her boys out. Reality is in difficult situations you what ever the kids want to make them feel better.

I think the kids probably quite liked having all their cousins and second cousins round and enjoyed the distraction at a difficult time.

Alice Unchained

Baby Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: November 20, 2021, 11:43:21 PM »

The kids, especially Jacques, didn't appear to be enjoying anything and seemed inconsolable even with the distractions.
loubna

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: November 21, 2021, 09:31:40 AM »

i think the grimaldis are a tight-knit family, albert is very close to his sisters and nephews and nieces, and of course they are all there for him and his children; it's beautiful  Smiley
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: November 21, 2021, 11:39:48 AM »

Obviously the kids are confused and this is not Al's fault (IMO). They see their mom and she looks "normal" to them, yet she can't reach out. They are way too young to understand the concept of mental illnesses and their impact on people. They surely hoped that she would come back and things would be back to normal (whatever normal looks like for them). Now she is back and yet the distance is still there. It is a very difficult situation.

By telling the truth Al prevented nasty articles and reports about his wife that would have worsened the pressure on her. He was well aware that she would not show up at the National Day (because of her illness) and that this would be the start of hunting season.

We don't have background information about the signs, so it seems strange and cruel to us. But maybe it was Al's desperate attempt to let the public now: there are small kids involved and they are suffering immensly because they miss their mum. Whatever you do and report, respect this.
Ghost

Medium Member

Romania Romania

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: November 21, 2021, 12:28:28 PM »

The only thing I can think of as a reasoning for those signs is that she is in isolation. I know someone in France who is struggling with depression and who had a couple of attempted suicides, I know that that person was in isolation at the beginning of the treatment.
Curtains

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: November 21, 2021, 02:19:47 PM »

Obviously the kids are confused and this is not Al's fault (IMO). They see their mom and she looks "normal" to them, yet she can't reach out. They are way too young to understand the concept of mental illnesses and their impact on people. They surely hoped that she would come back and things would be back to normal (whatever normal looks like for them). Now she is back and yet the distance is still there. It is a very difficult situation.

By telling the truth Al prevented nasty articles and reports about his wife that would have worsened the pressure on her. He was well aware that she would not show up at the National Day (because of her illness) and that this would be the start of hunting season.

We don't have background information about the signs, so it seems strange and cruel to us. But maybe it was Al's desperate attempt to let the public now: there are small kids involved and they are suffering immensly because they miss their mum. Whatever you do and report, respect this.

I agree wholeheartedly, and you articulated this beautifully.  My mind goes back to all of the Russian history books I’ve read, and how the secrecy around the hemophilia of the Heir, Alexey, was a contributing factor to the downfall of the Russian Empire.  While there were many other co-factors, they all coalesced at the time that the Empress was hysterically searching for a cure that would never come.  It led her and her family to welcome charlatans and building a wall of secrecy.

Monaco is not in that dire of a political situation, but Albert has done well to bring this forward.  I don’t think it will do anything toward de-stigmatizing mental illness within Monaco, because my opinion is that the Monaco population doesn’t necessarily consider Charlene to be much of a leader or role model.  But for their children, it was the right thing to do.

As an aside: I think many of Stephanie’s life choices were driven by untreated mental illness.  The crash that killed her mother was IMO a triggering event but not the root cause.

"Some of it's magic, and some of it's tragic: but I had a good life, all the way." - Jimmy Buffet, America's premiere poet
Clover

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: November 21, 2021, 06:12:07 PM »

Maybe the kids wrote signs because they do not know where their mother is or what's happening to her and Albert did not want to share details with them. Just a theory.
It's all very sad for Charlene and the twins.

Duchess of Verona

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: November 22, 2021, 03:26:33 AM »

I think it's sad for all of them. She appears to have had  either a nervous breakdown and/or a serious eating disorder. She was wraith thin in the last few months of photos and the specific mention that she was not eating  in the statement when she returned home makes me think it's part of the issue. Eating disorders can be very difficult (speaking from family experience) to pinpoint as the person with the issue will cover it up. Strange really, the 'shame' we impart on random things. If your leg was broken or your finger was hanging off one would have no problem saying set the damn leg so I can go on with my life. I hope for all concerned that she is able to recover her inner self, whatever that might take. I'm hoping for a better 2022 for their family  (and all of ours...goodness knows we all deserve it).
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: