Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Albert - 2021 News & Events  (Read 23698 times)
anastasia beaverhausen

Ginormous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2021, 09:39:03 PM »

In a lot of recent pictures, it really looks like Gabriella is starting to act out/need a firm (but gentle) hand to guide her.  I know she's going through so much uncertainty with her mom being gone, so I'm not being judgmental like I can be when other young princes and princesses act out.  But maybe one of Al's sisters needs to step in and really get involved and (a) be a stable female presence and (b) instruct and model how to behave.  

I agree, but got a shiver on when you mention the Grimaldis stepping in. The bad choices far outnumber the good ones imo.

I hope somebody stable and sensible steps in for them. 

I saw an article from the visit with a video - Gert’s Royals might’ve posted it on twitter a few days ago. Gabriella was definitely all over the place. It surprised me because she’s always seemed spunky but it was the kind of thing we’ve seen other royal moms put a stop to. Obviously they’re out and about a lot and it probably wasn’t the most interesting visit for them, but hopefully they’re hanging in there okay. Albert seems like a good dad but it could’ve been a setting that was a little much for just one parent.

I think it must be an enormous strain for a child that young to suddenly have your mother gone and then to be in the public eye. It’s hard enough just to be a 6 year old, but all this is next level.
Celia

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2021, 10:06:04 PM »

Don't they have a nanny?  I would have expected her to be the steadying hand in this situation.
anneboleyn

Warned
Big Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2021, 10:18:30 PM »

Let’s be honest - even with the most dedicated firm parents, kids are unpredictable.

“And she will keep coming back to life, over and over again, because beneath the skin of this gentle human lives a warrior unstoppable.” - Annabelle M. Ramos
anastasia beaverhausen

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2021, 12:53:05 AM »

Don't they have a nanny?  I would have expected her to be the steadying hand in this situation.

I’m sure they do, but Charlene's their mother so while a nanny might be helpful, it isn’t the same. I’m sure they’re very scared and confused.
dKaren

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2021, 02:32:24 AM »

Very strange to see Albert bring the twins everywhere. They are too small for so many official events. It seems Albert is preparing for something big. I hope I'm wrong though. I'm not a fan of Charlene, but I think she is a nice person, wish her well.
Isabel

Small Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2021, 09:10:28 AM »

Very strange to see Albert bring the twins everywhere. They are too small for so many official events. It seems Albert is preparing for something big. I hope I'm wrong though. I'm not a fan of Charlene, but I think she is a nice person, wish her well.

I agree.  I don't understand why Albert will bring children so small to so many official events, specially an international one that will be so boring for them. 

Whatever is the issue with Charlene, the kids should be protected and allowed to have a normal childhood far away from official events when they are so young.
Isabel

Small Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2021, 09:17:44 AM »

In a lot of recent pictures, it really looks like Gabriella is starting to act out/need a firm (but gentle) hand to guide her.  I know she's going through so much uncertainty with her mom being gone, so I'm not being judgmental like I can be when other young princes and princesses act out.  But maybe one of Al's sisters needs to step in and really get involved and (a) be a stable female presence and (b) instruct and model how to behave. 

It's normal for a 6 y.o to act out, royal or not.  They are far too young for these kind of official engagements, what on earth is Albert thinking bringing them to this kind of act boggles my mind.  In between Charlene and Albert, it seems no one is giving a damn about the kids. 
anneboleyn

Warned
Big Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2021, 05:05:52 PM »

It does seem very odd to bring them out so much. I understand bringing them to a large, annual event or something, but Albert brings them out quite a bit.

“And she will keep coming back to life, over and over again, because beneath the skin of this gentle human lives a warrior unstoppable.” - Annabelle M. Ramos
periwinkle

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2021, 05:14:53 PM »

That Gabriella is acting out is not surprising. Yes she is a lot more spunky than her brother who has a bit of a flatliner personality. Plus between traveling to SA for a few days at the most to see their mother now they are part of an official welcoming ceremony in Ireland? It's no big deal in fact kind of nice that Albert is traveling with the children in Ireland he can take an afternoon off or tack on private visits to Kelly roots after the official part but involving them in official activities is playing with fire. Kids are unpredictable anyway and with so much agitation in their lives and a lack of real stability this is not great. Best read is that Albert is trying to be that stable constant in their lives and maybe teach them how to be kind to hosts and learn their manners. But they really need to get back to Monaco and mentally prepare for the start of the school year.
periwinkle

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2021, 05:16:00 PM »

Also where is the dang dog? I am spoiled when I see the president of Ireland and his wife that there should be a gorgeous Bernese mountain dog right next to him stealing the show.
Gemsheal

Large Member

Wishing everyone a Happy and Bright New Year!

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2021, 06:25:08 PM »

In a lot of recent pictures, it really looks like Gabriella is starting to act out/need a firm (but gentle) hand to guide her.  I know she's going through so much uncertainty with her mom being gone, so I'm not being judgmental like I can be when other young princes and princesses act out.  But maybe one of Al's sisters needs to step in and really get involved and (a) be a stable female presence and (b) instruct and model how to behave. 

It's normal for a 6 y.o to act out, royal or not.  They are far too young for these kind of official engagements, what on earth is Albert thinking bringing them to this kind of act boggles my mind.  In between Charlene and Albert, it seems no one is giving a damn about the kids. 

Maybe, when he said he was going away, they begged to come with him.   Of course it probably would have been wiser to leave them in Monaco, but could you refuse those faces ??   Sweating

Yes, it's the kids I feel sorriest for, because they really don't understand what's going on with their parents.   They are far too young for this stress.  I really do hope they have a good nanny.     

“Because to take away a man's freedom of choice, even his freedom to make the wrong choice, is to manipulate him as though he were a puppet and not a person.”

― Madeline L'Engle
anneboleyn

Warned
Big Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2021, 06:39:44 PM »

That's an interesting point I never thought - maybe Albert is bringing them with him because he knows they're unhappy about the separation from Charlene and he'd like to stick close to them. That might be giving him too much credit but it's a nice idea!

Pulsatilla

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2021, 07:42:08 PM »

That's an interesting point I never thought - maybe Albert is bringing them with him because he knows they're unhappy about the separation from Charlene and he'd like to stick close to them. That might be giving him too much credit but it's a nice idea!

Didn't he leave the twins back home in Monaco when he spent two weeks at the Olympics? BTW, the Olympics are his hobby, not part of his job. So definitely too much credit.
Lady Mellie

Mini Member

Antarctica Antarctica

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: September 07, 2021, 09:49:03 PM »

Didn't he leave the twins back home in Monaco when he spent two weeks at the Olympics? BTW, the Olympics are his hobby, not part of his job. So definitely too much credit.

Albert is very involved in Olympics, as a sportsman and as a president/board member/chairman, both in Monaco and IOC.

https://olympics.com/ioc/...overeign-prince-albert-ii
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: September 07, 2021, 09:50:26 PM »

Plus: When I was that age my dad sometimes took me to business meetings - I was waiting in the lobby and then we went to do something nice afterwards. These kids surely have one (?) nanny. They could have been there for a meet and greet and she could have taken them to the zoo, the aquarium, the Leprechaun museum, whatever. It could have been fun and educational for them.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: