Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Albert - 2021 News & Events  (Read 17076 times)
Gemsheal

Large Member

United States United States

I make my own memes

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: November 25, 2021, 02:55:57 PM »

it's like who is Charlene?! Snare

she's been deleted out. Blink

G Blink

And he seems quite happy about it.

Funny how differently some things can appear -  I saw a nice event that honored both SA and Charlene.  Although, I agree that the kids risk being overexposed by Albert while Charlene is not there - I hope he keeps their appearances minimal.

ďBecause to take away a man's freedom of choice, even his freedom to make the wrong choice, is to manipulate him as though he were a puppet and not a person.Ē

― Madeline L'Engle
karma chamelion

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: November 25, 2021, 04:38:53 PM »

it's like who is Charlene?! Snare

she's been deleted out. Blink

G Blink

And he seems quite happy about it.

Funny how differently some things can appear -  I saw a nice event that honored both SA and Charlene.  Although, I agree that the kids risk being overexposed by Albert while Charlene is not there - I hope he keeps their appearances minimal.

Yes, funny. I'm glad you were able to see the good in this event. Geta and I, on the other hand, thought it looked very "off". We can hope all we want that he shelters those children but IMO it's pretty apparent that that is not his first thought. YMMV

edit: sorry, G, didn't mean to speak for you
« Last Edit: November 25, 2021, 04:51:56 PM by karma chamelion » Logged
Astrid

Mini Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: November 25, 2021, 05:34:43 PM »

The kids look incredibly akward and uneasy in practically every foto there is of them. And it is not just the odd grimace or acting up a bit because somebody else is center stage. They look really unhappy. What need is there to produce them in front of the camera all the time? We know they exist, why not wait a few years before they have to perform? After all, this is not the BRF, it is just a town-principality and a business model, that will function without 7-year old kids being shown around.
karma chamelion

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: November 25, 2021, 05:46:17 PM »

The kids look incredibly akward and uneasy in practically every foto there is of them. And it is not just the odd grimace or acting up a bit because somebody else is center stage. They look really unhappy. What need is there to produce them in front of the camera all the time? We know they exist, why not wait a few years before they have to perform? After all, this is not the BRF, it is just a town-principality and a business model, that will function without 7-year old kids being shown around.

Exactly this. And I think this is just common sense to anyone who cares to analyze the little ones' situation. But I don't think their well-being is the #1 concern here, unfortunately.
PruNordstrom

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: November 25, 2021, 06:13:19 PM »

Intended as a distraction but instead making the public aware that their mother is not with them at a public event. Situation at cross-purposes.
 Thinking

The only thing most people do better than anyone else is read their own handwriting.
Mariola

Small Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: November 25, 2021, 07:03:42 PM »

When I was seven years old my father was in the hospital for a long time and I know I was very terrified that my mother would also disappear.

So for me it is not strange that Albert keeps them with him. I don't believe he is concerned about optics - his position does not depend on popularity. Here they are with other children. I don't remember that they love cameras even when both parents are there.

karma chamelion

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: November 25, 2021, 07:27:16 PM »

It's not strange at all that they would want their daddy, what is strange to me is that they obviously don't enjoy posing for the cameras yet their father keeps trotting them out. They could stand on the sidelines with their nanny(s) (not for one minute do I believe they are with their father 24 hours a day), keeping an eye on him carrying out his duties (great to stay occupied) but not be so exposed as to be uncomfortable looking as they are.
JessicaM

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: November 25, 2021, 08:13:40 PM »

I found the "Love you mommy/Miss you mommy"-notes on National Day quite strange but tend to think it was an ill-advised attempt to include Charlene in some way in the National day event.

TBH, I find the tree planting less problematic. There are other children of their age, they do something childfriendly (plant a tree) and I guess the whole appointment did not take ages. Also, they are quite used to the public. Already before Charlene's absence the twins were seen quite regularly in public and took part in quite much appointments with their parents.

While I find Albert usually quite strange and do not like him, I can also really understand why he took his children with him when going abroad. I would not leave children of that age for days with the nannies when already her mother was gone for months.

I just hope that Charlene gets well and all the treatment and time she needs, so that she can be with her twins again and that strange and problematic situations ends for all.
thecrownjewelthief

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: November 26, 2021, 01:07:51 AM »

When I was seven years old my father was in the hospital for a long time and I know I was very terrified that my mother would also disappear.

So for me it is not strange that Albert keeps them with him. I don't believe he is concerned about optics - his position does not depend on popularity. Here they are with other children. I don't remember that they love cameras even when both parents are there.

Iím with you. I really donít find this strange at all. Theyíve always attended events like this and they may really want to be with their dad right now. At the end of the day, he is a dad trying to navigate a tough situation as best he can. For all of his faults, Iíve always gotten the impression heís a good father (yes, obvious missteps earlier with the older two). The Grimaldis are unconventional but seem pretty tight knit.
Gemsheal

Large Member

I make my own memes

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: November 26, 2021, 03:48:49 AM »

Iím with you. I really donít find this strange at all. Theyíve always attended events like this and they may really want to be with their dad right now. At the end of the day, he is a dad trying to navigate a tough situation as best he can. For all of his faults, Iíve always gotten the impression heís a good father (yes, obvious missteps earlier with the older two). The Grimaldis are unconventional but seem pretty tight knit.

Nicely said, both of you  Star  Star

ďBecause to take away a man's freedom of choice, even his freedom to make the wrong choice, is to manipulate him as though he were a puppet and not a person.Ē

― Madeline L'Engle
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: November 26, 2021, 08:41:00 PM »

Whatever is wrong with Charlene: She has not been with her children for nearly one year. She seems so seriously ill that we can't expect that she will be okay again within a few weeks.

I think Al is trying to improve his work-/life balance by bringing the children, also maybe that they get an understanding that he was to work but he is still there and approachable for them.
karma chamelion

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: November 26, 2021, 08:50:05 PM »

I think the children look uncomfortable and unhappy. They should be home with their nanny instead of posing for the cameras. Albert is using them as props, he is not thinking of anything but how he looks. If he cared about the children he would shelter them from prying eyes, instead he exposes them. Sorry, I just can't go with the Al's trying to be a good parent line of thought.
Emac0914

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: November 27, 2021, 11:17:11 AM »

Canít decide whether he is a good father, giving the kids some small, fun roles to introduce them or just a total media-manipulator and those kids are caught up in this very bad story.  I just hope those two kids donít end up totally messed up!
Mariola

Small Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: November 27, 2021, 12:11:32 PM »

Canít decide whether he is a good father, giving the kids some small, fun roles to introduce them or just a total media-manipulator and those kids are caught up in this very bad story.  I just hope those two kids donít end up totally messed up!

A genuine question - what he will gain by manipulating media?
Lord G°n

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: November 27, 2021, 02:34:35 PM »

I think it was Caroline who complained of a sad childhood,  constricted, without much contact with her parents except to be featured in the media. I consider that C, A and S treat their offspring in a closer and more affectionate way than the one they endured. It is completely different and it allows  the little ones to enjoy a normal family life and, at the same time, get them used to the cameras and the media attention that will always accompany them. I don't know if Albert was a good son or is a good husband, but he is a good brother, father and uncle. The way in which he protected S in troubled times proves it, and his two sisters and their cousins with their families  support  him and the  children. We don't know what PC is going through, but I can't imagine PA like a monster. Also, PC's brothers are always there, Monaco or any other place where she may be staying,resting or picking up the pieces of her life. Good luck to her and may she enjoy a happy life with her lovely children.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: