Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Has Charlene and Albert Put Monaco Back On The Map?  (Read 8587 times)
Kitty

Warned
Small Member

United States United States

Ignore
« on: March 05, 2021, 07:03:54 PM »

In July its going to be 10 years since their iconic wedding! Is it safe to say they put Monaco back on the map on an international scale like his mother Grace did?
Celia

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2021, 09:13:47 PM »

Iconic?!  Flashy, showy, thoroughly reported, surprisingly well-attended, sure.  But iconic?  How on earth was it iconic?
Kitty

Warned
Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2021, 09:27:09 PM »

Iconic?!  Flashy, showy, thoroughly reported, surprisingly well-attended, sure.  But iconic?  How on earth was it iconic?
Runaway bride and tears. Iconic can also be negative too lol
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2021, 09:53:47 PM »

Nope. Charlene has problems connecting to the majority of people - does she speak any French now? She once was in Stuttgart, Germany (near the place where I live) and people who went to see them were totally disappointed because she had her "stone face" and did not interact. She is a very beautiful woman and she supports good causes but at times she is totally lacking charisma.

Kitty

Warned
Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2021, 10:43:27 PM »

Nope. Charlene has problems connecting to the majority of people - does she speak any French now? She once was in Stuttgart, Germany (near the place where I live) and people who went to see them were totally disappointed because she had her "stone face" and did not interact. She is a very beautiful woman and she supports good causes but at times she is totally lacking charisma.

I generally think there was high hopes that Charlene would put Monaco front and center but it wasn't meant to be. She should at least learn the language and connect with the public though!
Aubiette

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2021, 10:45:38 PM »

All I remember about their wedding is rumors of a runaway bride. Charlene has all of the warmth of a cold fish IMO and seems miserable or maybe itís all of the fillers/surgery/whatever but the permanent Ďsulkí isnít very inspiring. Albert? How many children has he fathered playboying around? Iím not sure theyíve done much for the Ďmapí but I donít follow them closely.
luvcharles

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2021, 11:25:51 PM »

I wasn't aware that Monaco had been taken 'off the map'.

If you mean are people more interested in Monaco since their wedding I would say 'no'.

As a child, growing up in Australia in the 50s-60s and 70s I remember that there were often magazines with stories about Princess Grace. She would be on the cover of the weekly mags on average about once a month (the Queen and Princess Margaret were the other two very popular magazine covers).

I don't think I can remember any stories about Charlene and Albert in the Aussie media unless it is about another alleged child of Albert's. Sure the births of the children were covered but otherwise they simply don't rate down here ... unlike Grace who was a star before she became a Princess.
Countess of Cows

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2021, 11:37:15 PM »

NO!  She comes off moody, sullen, unhappy and cold.  No charisma, empathy, sense of humor or anything except the bare minimum in effort.  In more ways than one she's shown more  favoritism to South Africa than Monaco and a sick addiction to plastic surgery.  She seems to be a good mother, knows her place to not ask questions of her husband and his affairs.  Very comfortable with the perks not the work.  She couldn't be less like Grace.  JMO

"I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies." Pietro Aretino

I would rather be hated for something I am, than loved for something I am not. -Bob Marley
Kitty

Warned
Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2021, 12:18:53 AM »

I wasn't aware that Monaco had been taken 'off the map'.

If you mean are people more interested in Monaco since their wedding I would say 'no'.

As a child, growing up in Australia in the 50s-60s and 70s I remember that there were often magazines with stories about Princess Grace. She would be on the cover of the weekly mags on average about once a month (the Queen and Princess Margaret were the other two very popular magazine covers).

I don't think I can remember any stories about Charlene and Albert in the Aussie media unless it is about another alleged child of Albert's. Sure the births of the children were covered but otherwise they simply don't rate down here ... unlike Grace who was a star before she became a Princess.
Seems like no matter what Grace will always cast a shadow on Monaco...
Kitty

Warned
Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2021, 12:19:32 AM »

NO!  She comes off moody, sullen, unhappy and cold.  No charisma, empathy, sense of humor or anything except the bare minimum in effort.  In more ways than one she's shown more  favoritism to South Africa than Monaco and a sick addiction to plastic surgery.  She seems to be a good mother, knows her place to not ask questions of her husband and his affairs.  Very comfortable with the perks not the work.  She couldn't be less like Grace.  JMO
Why become a princess of a country if you don't put in the work to learn the language and culture?
Pulsatilla

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2021, 06:36:43 AM »

Why become a princess of a country if you don't put in the work to learn the language and culture?

Money makes the world go round. Or does anyone believe that she would have married Albert if he was one of the palace gardeners?
Princess MS

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2021, 11:45:01 AM »

Money makes the world go round. Or does anyone believe that she would have married Albert if he was one of the palace gardeners?

Well would his mother have married his father if he was a pleb in the palace??? Hardly... the status and maybe the money ticks all the boxes every time
Kitty

Warned
Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2021, 01:32:52 PM »

Well would his mother have married his father if he was a pleb in the palace??? Hardly... the status and maybe the money ticks all the boxes every time
Grace didn't need the money but I think she was into being a "princess" then reality took over and she regretted it by all accounts.
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2021, 03:06:52 PM »

The problem is that Al does not need an alpha animal wife. He would be mortified if he had married someone like Maxima. He rather married Charlene, who is who seems very phlegmatic and somehow comes to terms with everything (illegitimate children, difficult sisters-in-law). Charlene manages to be there and not to be there. She is there physically but she leaves hardly every a mark. We see her as a very loving mother - but besides that we have no idea about her.

She masks herself with that sullen attitude, she does not care about being a princess, she does not care about speaking French ... it makes you wonder what her attraction to Al initially was? I buy that it was not money ... she is basically an unknown person.
Duchess of Verona

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2021, 05:34:51 PM »

Her recent shave the head hair cut makes me think it's a cry for help. I'm sure she loves her children, but she does not seem to love the whole first lady thing. Like she doesn't often attend the Rose Ball, etc. I'd be there dripping in diamonds, were I Charlene. She's never, to my knowledge, worn the tiara they made for her other than at the one photo shoot https://honey.nine.com.au...-4815-9395-2532b64c880b#7. If someone had Van Cleef make me a custom tiara I would be wearing it to the market!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: