Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Has Charlene and Albert Put Monaco Back On The Map?  (Read 8589 times)
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2021, 09:22:58 AM »

Yep, the Lesbaru has been chasing this rainbow for eternities… because, it appears Curtains' maps are out of date....

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Princess MS

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2021, 09:30:56 AM »

Yep, the Lesbaru has been chasing this rainbow for eternities… because, it appears Curtains' maps are out of date....

Nope the map was already there .... he was born there and she was in place when he needed a wife.... sounds familiar to me but go figure if you see something else
loubna

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2021, 09:34:54 AM »

in my case I would say yes;
i started to be interested by the grimaldi at the time of albert and charlene's wedding, and especially since the rumor about charlene's run away. before I wasn't at all interested by this family, today my interest goes to pauline ducruet; who is for me currently the most interesting member to follow.
Kitty

Warned
Small Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2021, 02:44:04 PM »

in my case I would say yes;
i started to be interested by the grimaldi at the time of albert and charlene's wedding, and especially since the rumor about charlene's run away. before I wasn't at all interested by this family, today my interest goes to pauline ducruet; who is for me currently the most interesting member to follow.
Yeah its not quite like Grace putting it on the map but she did make it known for more people for other reasons.
Celia

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2021, 05:08:44 PM »

She applied the British style of "make sure they see us doing good and charitable works" to Monaco, and it worked well at the time.
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2021, 06:07:31 PM »

What a pity. It’s hard to find good maps that both cats and squirrels can read.
Kitty

Warned
Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2021, 06:20:39 PM »

She applied the British style of "make sure they see us doing good and charitable works" to Monaco, and it worked well at the time.
Okay but she actually cared for her charities and in many biographies she helped a lot of people without the media gaze. She was one of the first princesses of the people.
TLLK

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2021, 08:48:33 PM »

Okay but she actually cared for her charities and in many biographies she helped a lot of people without the media gaze. She was one of the first princesses of the people.

While Grace was well loved there have been many women who would fit the  "princesses of the people" title long before Princess Grace, but decades have gone by and we don't read about them as much.

Examples-Queen Astrid of Belgium https://www.historyofroya...f-sweden-queen-of-hearts/

Princess Andrew of Greece-Founded an order of nuns and hid Greek Jews during WWII while the Nazis occupied Greece. https://www.townandcountr...p-mother-the-crown-facts/

Queen Juliana of the Netherlands https://en.wikipedia.org/...liana_of_the_Netherlands- Famously down to earth and very popular among her people. Asked people to not call her "majesty" and would quietly make visits to organizations so there wouldn't be much fan fare. She wanted to see the authentic and real work being done, not a dog and pony show.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2021, 08:58:27 PM by TLLK » Logged
luvcharles

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2021, 11:10:04 PM »

Queen Mary's mother was called 'The People's Princess' in the mid-late 1800s in the UK.
Kitty

Warned
Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2021, 01:04:07 AM »

While Grace was well loved there have been many women who would fit the  "princesses of the people" title long before Princess Grace, but decades have gone by and we don't read about them as much.

Examples-Queen Astrid of Belgium https://www.historyofroya...f-sweden-queen-of-hearts/

Princess Andrew of Greece-Founded an order of nuns and hid Greek Jews during WWII while the Nazis occupied Greece. https://www.townandcountr...p-mother-the-crown-facts/

Queen Juliana of the Netherlands https://en.wikipedia.org/...liana_of_the_Netherlands- Famously down to earth and very popular among her people. Asked people to not call her "majesty" and would quietly make visits to organizations so there wouldn't be much fan fare. She wanted to see the authentic and real work being done, not a dog and pony show.
Same with Queen Alexandra of GB. This is about Monaco royal family not other royal women thank you Smiley
TLLK

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2021, 04:59:51 AM »

Queen Mary's mother was called 'The People's Princess' in the mid-late 1800s in the UK.
Yes she was luvcharles. She's one of many women from several nations who have held that honorary title.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2021, 08:44:34 AM »

What a pity. It’s hard to find good maps that both cats and squirrels can read.

Laughing Star
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2021, 08:47:54 AM »

Yeah when was Monaco ever not on the map? Charlene probably married to feel important and to have people have to respect her. The money and being able to buy nice clothes seems to just be a perk for her. She is not terribly materialistic as far as I can tell she doesn't even wear those new jewels she got at the wedding much or at all. And she completely lacks charisma which isn't her fault it's just the way it is. The only time she lights up is with her kids and swimming. But who made the point Albert wouldn't want a strong wife who might eclipse him I think that is probably correct. Glamour that doesn't open its mouth. In a way if you look at Meghan Markle you can see that Albert was on to something.
On the map internationally/globally . Grace made this unknown country well known during her time. It was usually the BRF and Grimaldi that was followed. Plus with their hard work, both Grace and Rainier put respectability to the principality well not anymore since then.

Eh. I apologise for becoming personal here but I’m guessing you’re from an English speaking country...? For those of us that come from a country with its own monarchy, neither the Windsors or the Grimaldis have been and will never be the main ones.

I know of both ones and because I’m interested in royalty, I’m also capable of naming and recognising members of both families. My husband would be capable of neither (I just asked him).

Completely recognizable! It sounds just like some US residents who see all of Europe as 1 country ...

In general, I can't worry too much about the BRF. In my opinion, they are considered far too much importance and the like.
Harley
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Denmark Denmark

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2021, 03:23:20 PM »

I’ve often thought that perhaps the “problem”, or maybe rather “the issue” is that on forums like RD, communication is in English. And that those who have English as their mother tongue tend to focus on the BRF due to language or the Monegasque RF because they feel a connection to Grace.

Of course, now I’m speaking as a born and bred Scandinavian but ultimately, whatever royals you feel are the “most covered” ones depends highly on what magazines or news channels you are exposed to. Since I’m from Denmark, a phrase like “The Queen” will automatically bring an image of Margrethe to my mind. It won’t be Elizabeth unless it’s made clear that it’s the one from England we’re talking about.

Also, our media scene will usually look towards the other scandinavian royal families as the secondary royal houses they cover (our own one being the main one). And that means that Monaco is quite far down the list. It’s not anyone’s fault. The other scandinavian RF’s are “close family”, the rest are “extended family” to various degrees.

Kitty

Warned
Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2021, 04:35:59 PM »

I’ve often thought that perhaps the “problem”, or maybe rather “the issue” is that on forums like RD, communication is in English. And that those who have English as their mother tongue tend to focus on the BRF due to language or the Monegasque RF because they feel a connection to Grace.

Of course, now I’m speaking as a born and bred Scandinavian but ultimately, whatever royals you feel are the “most covered” ones depends highly on what magazines or news channels you are exposed to. Since I’m from Denmark, a phrase like “The Queen” will automatically bring an image of Margrethe to my mind. It won’t be Elizabeth unless it’s made clear that it’s the one from England we’re talking about.

Also, our media scene will usually look towards the other scandinavian royal families as the secondary royal houses they cover (our own one being the main one). And that means that Monaco is quite far down the list. It’s not anyone’s fault. The other scandinavian RF’s are “close family”, the rest are “extended family” to various degrees.
This is spot on!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: