Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: State Visit to Andorra. March 25.26, 2021.  (Read 7789 times)
Elissa

Most Exalted Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2021, 09:05:48 PM »

Would love to know more about the chapel (?) with the ancient frescoes; I'll be looking that up because it looks really fascinating!  Any Dishers ever been there?

This is the Santa Coloma Church. One of the oldest churches of the country with some parts dating back to the 8th century

https://visitandorra.com/...e/church-of-santa-coloma/

I've been to Andorra several times but never visited that church. Went skiing and shopping instead ( great discounts there   ) But it's definitely on my list for a next visit!

Thanks so much!!  I taught a student from Andorra once and have always been intrigued by the country; this just moved it to the top of my list! 

My pleasure !  Beer

The whole area is a lovely place. Though I might be biased by my love of the Pyrénées mountains 

Paulina

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2021, 10:21:09 PM »

Okay, since we are in the Pyrenees today— do those great white, sheep guarding dogs really live there? Like if you go to Andorra, is every third dog such a dog?

I’m fascinated with that breed.
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2021, 11:16:42 PM »

Okay, since we are in the Pyrenees today— do those great white, sheep guarding dogs really live there? Like if you go to Andorra, is every third dog such a dog?

Me too Paulina!  I was so upset at a hoarding situation for Pyrenees mixes recently. They were looking for fosters and I just couldn’t take any, so I sent money.  I really did want to take one - my cats had a slightly different opinion.

Paulina

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2021, 03:18:37 AM »

Me too Paulina!  I was so upset at a hoarding situation for Pyrenees mixes recently. They were looking for fosters and I just couldn’t take any, so I sent money.  I really did want to take one - my cats had a slightly different opinion.

In solid middle age, I got my first dog a couple years ago, a golden retriever. I wanted a Great Pyrenees, but all advice said that is not a good first dog (same with my other favorites, huskies, and German shepherds). Apparently you need a lot of space and the dog really wants to do the job it was bred for--circling the perimeter and fending off wolves.
Ellie

Muted
Ginormous Member

proud moron thx Scooby Doo

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2021, 04:03:43 AM »

I would love to cuddle with one.

I love dogs, I just find them too high maintenance for me, so I have my clingy cats and play with other people's dogs!

writing angry fauxminist letters in the Lesbaru
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2021, 03:45:23 PM »

I would love to cuddle with one.

I love dogs, I just find them too high maintenance for me, so I have my clingy cats and play with other people's dogs!

I had many different dogs growing up, and I can promise you that most bulldogs lay around like third base and require occasional food and a very short daily walk. I want another one very badly!
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: