Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: News and photos of Prince Julian, Duke of Halland  (Read 23617 times)
Antevorta

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: June 17, 2021, 01:51:37 AM »

So, what do we think will happen with Julian and the Order of Seraphim?

The Order of Seraphim is technically for members of the Royal House, other monarchs and such and Julian is not a member of the Royal House. 

Granting him the Order goes against the rules. But, not giving it to him would make him the only member of the family to not receive it.

I know the SRF plays fast and loose with rules and Julian is a grandson of the snowflake son, so I think he will get the order but wanted to point out heís not actually supposed to.
Oh_Caroline

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: June 17, 2021, 02:04:24 AM »

I’m 99.9% sure that he’ll get it.  Though I am slightly confused as I thought it was for members of the wider ROYAL FAMILY rather that the ROYAL HOUSE.   All of CG sisters still have it and only Birgitta is still a member of the Royal House.

The whole family vs house and royal with HRH vs royal without HRH is very confusing.  Not that I always agree with countries that have firm rules but this loosey goosey at the Monarchs pleasure method leave a lot to be desired.  I get why CP and Maddie’s kids got all the perks, and why the perks were then limited, but lack of strategic planning and long range think always bothers me.
Cordelia Fitzgerald

Small Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: June 17, 2021, 02:07:13 AM »

I also don't fully understand the difference between Prince/Princess with HRH vs without and why it matters/what it really means.
Oh_Caroline

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: June 17, 2021, 02:27:08 AM »

I also don't fully understand the difference between Prince/Princess with HRH vs without and why it matters/what it really means.

IIRC in the months leading up to the October 2019 removal there was discussion in the press (and possibly government) about the size of the royal house.  There seemed to be concerns about how large it would grow, who was and wasn't funded, and who would one day be funded.  Instead of a calm response a la Denmark (who, when concerns were raised about which grandchildren would receive an allowance at 18, calmed said that only Christian would as a matter of simple mathematics), instead GC came out of left field with stripping HRHs, saying future spouses and children of those stripped wouldn't get titles, etc.  When all he had to say is that only Estelle would one day receive an allowance as the future sovereign.  It was seen as a good thing but lets be real those who lost their HRH were never going to be working royals any way and HRH or not they're still GC grandkids and maintain all the privileges that come with being such.

Hindsight is 20/20 but looking back they should have come up with an alternate style back in 2014 and had there been a need decades in the future elevated as needed.  Say something like HH Prince/Princess of Sweden without duchies for CP's and Maddie's kids.

But what's done is done.
cecile

Baby Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: June 17, 2021, 08:40:40 AM »

I still believe it would have been wiser to only give the kids of the heir (Estelle and Oscar, and later Estelle’s children) those dukedoms. I know by the time Leonore was born Estelle was an only child but I don’t think that these dukedoms are essential to become king or queen if god forbid something would habe happened.
I think it would have also been better for Madeleine to become Princess Madeleine, Mrs. O’Neil, like CG sisters. She could still use the Princess title for her charity work to get attention but her children could have a private upbringing cause I don’t think that the prince prince/ss title is an advantage when you’re not a working royal and want a private life.
To Sofia, I still think it’s obvious she loved the title, but perhaps just a Duchess would have been better. Although I think that Mrs. Bernadotte would have been enough as well as the boys being Bernadottes.Giving Alexander the only dukedom with an attached property was a bit telling of CG. I’m still confused by the announcement  from 2019 cause it’s not like something big happened cause these kids would have never been working royals and the birth of Julian not really helped me either to bring some light into it.
I think in modern times a slimed down royal family to 4 working members is enough and one day Estelle becomes the age there will be 5.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2021, 08:49:48 AM by cecile » Logged
Lovis

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: June 17, 2021, 09:01:36 AM »

I still believe it would have been wiser to only give the kids of the heir (Estelle and Oscar, and later Estelleís children) those dukedoms. I know by the time Leonore was born Estelle was an only child but I donít think that these dukedoms are essential to become king or queen if god forbid something would habe happened.
I think it would have also been better for Madeleine to become Princess Madeleine, Mrs. OíNeil, like CG sisters. She could still use the Princess title for her charity work to get attention but her children could have a private upbringing cause I donít think that the prince prince/ss title is an advantage when youíre not a working royal and want a private life.
To Sofia, I still think itís obvious she loved the title, but perhaps just a Duchess would have been better. Although I think that Mrs. Bernadotte would have been enough as well as the boys being Bernadottes.Giving Alexander the only dukedom with an attached property was a bit telling of CG. Iím still confused by the announcement  from 2019 cause itís not like something big happened cause these kids would have never been working royals and the birth of Julian not really helped me either to bring some light into it.
I think in modern times a slimed down royal family to 4 working members is enough and one day Estelle becomes the age there will be 5.

Jonas would have become a Duke, we know that for sure. I will never understand why Sofia had to become a princess. This decision was just ridiculous. Especially after Chris denied a title.
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: June 17, 2021, 09:28:59 AM »

I still believe it would have been wiser to only give the kids of the heir (Estelle and Oscar, and later Estelleís children) those dukedoms. I know by the time Leonore was born Estelle was an only child but I donít think that these dukedoms are essential to become king or queen if god forbid something would habe happened.
I think it would have also been better for Madeleine to become Princess Madeleine, Mrs. OíNeil, like CG sisters. She could still use the Princess title for her charity work to get attention but her children could have a private upbringing cause I donít think that the prince prince/ss title is an advantage when youíre not a working royal and want a private life.
To Sofia, I still think itís obvious she loved the title, but perhaps just a Duchess would have been better. Although I think that Mrs. Bernadotte would have been enough as well as the boys being Bernadottes.Giving Alexander the only dukedom with an attached property was a bit telling of CG. Iím still confused by the announcement  from 2019 cause itís not like something big happened cause these kids would have never been working royals and the birth of Julian not really helped me either to bring some light into it.

Jonas would have become a Duke, we know that for sure. I will never understand why Sofia had to become a princess. This decision was just ridiculous. Especially after Chris denied a title.

I'm guessing it's because Sofia and CP asked for a princess title and CG is unable to say no to his favourite child.
SvenskaSarah

Big Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: June 17, 2021, 12:05:34 PM »

Iím 99.9% sure that heíll get it.  Though I am slightly confused as I thought it was for members of the wider ROYAL FAMILY rather that the ROYAL HOUSE.   All of CG sisters still have it and only Birgitta is still a member of the Royal House.

The whole family vs house and royal with HRH vs royal without HRH is very confusing.  Not that I always agree with countries that have firm rules but this loosey goosey at the Monarchs pleasure method leave a lot to be desired.  I get why CP and Maddieís kids got all the perks, and why the perks were then limited, but lack of strategic planning and long range think always bothers me.

I think because they received it at 18 (only with Estelle was the Seraphim order bestowed at Chrisrenings) it would seek odd to remove it. Remember, the Seraphim Order is also for services to the monarch as well. Each year members of the general public and royals from other houses are awarded the Seraphim, varying in the bands and classes. I'm also not sure if CGs sisters have/had a Bernadotte coat of arms that was unique to them. I know Birgitta has one that incorporates the Hohenzollern arms, but I can't recall if Christina's is a unique one to her, or if she has the arms of Vasterbotten (I think that was her father's duchy). None of CGs sisters have a Duchy which makes the ordering of titles and arms a tad more confusing given that all of CGs grandchildren have a Duchy.

ITA with the lack of strategic planning involved here. But with CG at the helm and St Hoefia in the same circle, Im not surprised that things are royally messed up!
Princess MS

Warned
Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: June 17, 2021, 12:43:19 PM »

I'm guessing it's because Sofia and CP asked for a princess title and CG is unable to say no to his favourite child.

Clearly his son is a special snowflake.... and daddy would not say no .....
Antevorta

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: June 17, 2021, 04:48:27 PM »

Iím 99.9% sure that heíll get it.  Though I am slightly confused as I thought it was for members of the wider ROYAL FAMILY rather that the ROYAL HOUSE.   All of CG sisters still have it and only Birgitta is still a member of the Royal House.

The whole family vs house and royal with HRH vs royal without HRH is very confusing.  Not that I always agree with countries that have firm rules but this loosey goosey at the Monarchs pleasure method leave a lot to be desired.  I get why CP and Maddieís kids got all the perks, and why the perks were then limited, but lack of strategic planning and long range think always bothers me.

I believe that there has never been a distinction between the Royal House and Royal Family so it never mattered before. 

However, one must look at Christopher and his decision to not take a title.  He is a member of the Royal Family but not a member of the Royal House.  Thus, he was granted the Order of the Polar Star upon his marriage to Madeleine.

Julian, unfortunately, is the first child born after the new rules took effect.  Following past precedent, he is technically not entitled to the Order of Seraphim as he is not a member of the Royal House.

I believe this is also why CG decided his christening will not be televised.

But, yes, I think he will receive the Order as well.

anneboleyn

Warned
Medium Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: June 17, 2021, 07:19:23 PM »

This is all so interesting! Every other christening was televised, right? It's just because of the recent rule changes that Julian is the first one to not have it?
Antevorta

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: June 17, 2021, 07:48:17 PM »

This is all so interesting! Every other christening was televised, right? It's just because of the recent rule changes that Julian is the first one to not have it?

Well, to be fair, I think it was Nicolas - SVT came out and said that they would not televise his christening and there was a bit of an uproar from the people. Due to the outcry, SVT changed their mind and aired his christening. 

Following, Alex, Gabe and Adrienne all had their christenings presented.

Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: July 18, 2021, 03:36:35 PM »

Prince Julian of Swedenís christening to be aired on SVT

https://royalcentral.co.u...o-be-aired-on-svt-163368/

In a turnaround, Prince Julian of Swedenís christening next month will be televised Ė albeit differently than his older cousins and brothers.

Swedish public broadcaster SVT will be in the church and record the ceremony. They will later air a 45-minute summary of the religious service on their channel on Sunday, 15 August, at 6.15 pm.

Many were unhappy when the Royal Court announced that the ceremony would not air on television. Julian would have been the first of King Carl XVI Gustafís grandchildren not to have his christening air on television. It would have also broken a 43-year tradition that started with Crown Princess Victoriaís baptism being televised.

Swedenís Svenskdam spoke to the Royal Court about the new information regarding the ceremony. Information Manager Margareta Thorgren said: ďIt has been the plan from the beginning. It is not broadcast live but is filmed for the archives and because the Swedish people want to see the baptism. The baptism of the other grandchildren has been broadcast live, but Prince Julianís TV viewers will see it the next day in a summary.Ē
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: July 19, 2021, 12:36:37 AM »

I think thatís a good compromise !
anneboleyn

Warned
Medium Member

Canada Canada

Ignore