Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 18   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: News and photos of Prince Julian, Duke of Halland  (Read 54865 times)
genegal43

Gigantic Member

All I got was a Nancy Pearl Action Figure...

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2021, 08:40:54 PM »

Huh? : My face when I heard the name

Need a documentary for the classroom?  Hit me up here: https://historydoctube.weebly.com/
Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
Emac0914

Mini Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: March 28, 2021, 09:51:08 PM »

I think it’s “expect the unexpected” with baby names in this generation.  Julian may not be a common name but at least he’s not named after a planet (actress Ashley Tisdale’s new baby is Jupiter), fruit, vegetable or animal. 

He’s a handsome baby and nice to see a pic!
anneboleyn

Warned
Big Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2021, 09:52:33 PM »

I think it’s “expect the unexpected” with baby names in this generation.  Julian may not be a common name but at least he’s not named after a planet (actress Ashley Tisdale’s new baby is Jupiter), fruit, vegetable or animal. 

Agreed!! There are SO many out there names that Julian doesn’t look too bad in comparison!

“And she will keep coming back to life, over and over again, because beneath the skin of this gentle human lives a warrior unstoppable.” - Annabelle M. Ramos
CyrilSebastian

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: March 29, 2021, 12:36:05 AM »

How to pronounce Julian   
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4ir4VPT3P4
Airlie (not the Countess)

Micro Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: March 29, 2021, 01:08:40 AM »

That's the Anglo pronunciation. I believe it is more like Yulian in Swedish.
Margaret

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: March 29, 2021, 01:38:11 AM »

Seems reasonably ordinary to me.  It doesn't surprise me as much as August did.  I know of Julian Lennon and Julian Fellowes, but I can't think of anyone named August.  Perhaps there is a trend to name babies after Roman emperors. Grin
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: March 29, 2021, 01:43:29 AM »

That.. is not a name I like

Glad to know he’s healthy and fine and will likely enjoy a comfortable life with his two brothers.

I personally don't like it either 
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: March 29, 2021, 01:44:37 AM »

Laughing Star
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: March 29, 2021, 01:47:01 AM »

Sorry to double post, but here is the first pic:

https://www.instagram.com...5xc/?igshid=1g71mpaekcz2w

I see a resemblance to Victoria and her kids around the eyes, but also Sofia.

He is cute.
Antevorta

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: March 29, 2021, 03:28:02 AM »

I believe that they’re for life and that there are 21 counties in Sweden so my guess is 21 duchies possible.  With CG still having his and Maddie having two (why I’m not sure) that should mean that 13 of the 21 are in use.  

Personally I think they should have thought this thing though a lot better.  Perhaps limiting the full thing to just children of the monarch and future monarchs (so Victoria, Carl Philip, Madeleine, Estelle, and Oscar or 7 duchies in use) and done just Prince/Princess of Sweden for the rest.  Even with potentially haven given the rest an HRH it still makes a delineation between their “importance” for lack of a better word.  

Stripping the HRHs in 2019 was a knee jerk response to concerns over the number of royals.  More forethought could have prevented the need.  I get why they gave all the grandkids titles but clearly it wasn’t necessary and had it been necessary decades in the future then the reigning monarch could have granted titles then.

I believe Madeleine was granted two duchy’s because Gastrikland and Halsingland are next to one another and together, about average out in size to Vic and CP’s duchys.

I appreciate CG removing the HRH’s from CP and Madeleine’s kids. It cleared up the taxpayer question as well as the question of Leo’s schooling issue.

IMO, the writing has been on the wall in the more progressive Nordic countries.  They (and me) may love their monarchies but no one wants to support people that are only eligible for the throne through massive tragedy.

ETA: was I the only one sort of surprised that CG threw Halland back into the mix so quickly? But, then I suppose it ties into the Bertil/CP links quite well.
emtishell

Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: March 29, 2021, 05:43:43 AM »

That was my first thought  Laugh bounce
CurleySharon
Banned
Muted
Baby Member

Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: March 29, 2021, 09:32:37 AM »

Beautiful baby
leatherface

Gigantic Member

Nigeria Nigeria

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: March 29, 2021, 09:44:10 AM »

The little tyke is beautiful.

Please can someone explain to me why CP and Madde's children are not Prince(ss) of CP/Madde's duchies'?

Why do they get their own? Also, will their children be Prince(ss) of Sweden or count(ess)s Bernadotte?
Ellie

Muted
Ginormous Member

proud moron thx Scooby Doo

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: March 29, 2021, 10:09:20 AM »

How are the duchies chosen anyway? Pulled out of a hat?

writing angry fauxminist letters in the Lesbaru
Princess MS

Warned
Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: March 29, 2021, 10:55:16 AM »

Perhaps a Swedish disher can assist ....

I thought the constitutional change on the next in line after CG was in the process before CP was born... ie first child.... as it had yet to be formalised the CP got the Crowd Price title for a few months....

And there have been suggestions that CG argued that as his son was born as Crown Prince then the change should be for the next generation..... that didn’t happen

But he treated his son as more equal than his daughters .... especially Vic .... and it does not seem to have changed

Vic was made to wait a long time before approval to marry but CP not long at all

I’m wondering if he hoped that CP would follow Vic ...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 18   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: