Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Louis, Scarlett and family - News  (Read 23341 times)
Ghost

Medium Member

Romania Romania

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: April 24, 2021, 05:41:35 PM »

I did like her comment about marrying into a royal family meaning respect for traditions, even if it's just what was expected of her to say.  Question for the European Dishers...is a personal injury lawyer considered respectable?  In America, often personal injury lawyers are seen as "ambulance chasers" just trying to make a buck. NO OFFENSE intended to any Dishers who are personal injury lawyers!!!!   

Not at all comparable. I know how itís seen in the States, but in Europe the medical system and insurance system are very different.
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: April 24, 2021, 06:55:21 PM »

I did like her comment about marrying into a royal family meaning respect for traditions, even if it's just what was expected of her to say.  Question for the European Dishers...is a personal injury lawyer considered respectable?  In America, often personal injury lawyers are seen as "ambulance chasers" just trying to make a buck. NO OFFENSE intended to any Dishers who are personal injury lawyers!!!!   

Good question ? Is Theodora "of Greece" marrying a US lawyer from the "same space" or similar - not that we have seen anything about them for a while

I thought Theodora’s fiancé was a debt collection attorney, which is different from a person injury attorney. Neither one is ideal from a reputational perspective though as both are attractive to some sleazy people who make things hard for everyone else.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2021, 07:01:33 PM by anastasia beaverhausen » Logged
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #62 on: April 28, 2021, 09:13:12 AM »

I would guess overall it could be said itís quite different in Europe than in the states but we are about 50 different countries so it would be hard to speak for all Smiley

In Denmark certainly itís can be rather noble work as it would involve fighting against an insurance company attempting to limit what funds the injured person would be getting. We have a public organisation that can determine the degree of damage but some insurance companies do it for themselves and they can be somewhat dirty in their approach.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: April 28, 2021, 10:43:03 AM »

I would guess overall it could be said itís quite different in Europe than in the states but we are about 50 different countries so it would be hard to speak for all Smiley

In Denmark certainly itís can be rather noble work as it would involve fighting against an insurance company attempting to limit what funds the injured person would be getting. We have a public organisation that can determine the degree of damage but some insurance companies do it for themselves and they can be somewhat dirty in their approach.

IMO it is similar is not equal to the situation in the Netherlands.

I have to confess we are often very surprised with the extreme claiming situation in the States, well at least what is shown.
Gemsheal

Medium Member

I make my own memes

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: April 28, 2021, 03:38:59 PM »

It's really terrible in a state like New York (where I live).   So many frivolous claims are made, so many fake lawsuits, and seemingly no one gets punished for filing them.  This could be personal injury, or other torts.   But it's mostly personal injury. 

"... luscious woodbine,
With sweet musk roses and with eglantine:
There sleeps Titania sometime of the night,
Lull'd in these flowers with dances and delight."

Shakespeare - A Midsummer Night's Dream
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: April 28, 2021, 04:04:48 PM »

Unfortunately in Europe it is also starting to emerge (more and more) here and there. At least in my experience. Fortunately, there are still many places where people rely on their own logic. Among other things, it is not necessary to state in the manual of a microwave that you should not put a cat or other live animal in it.
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: April 28, 2021, 04:41:39 PM »

Unfortunately in Europe it is also starting to emerge (more and more) here and there. At least in my experience. Fortunately, there are still many places where people rely on their own logic. Among other things, it is not necessary to state in the manual of a microwave that you should not put a cat or other live animal in it.

My favourite is still the warning on the peanuts can:
Be careful - may contain pieces of nuts.

Dash2
Pulsatilla

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: April 28, 2021, 04:52:39 PM »

Dash2

Peanuts aren't nuts but legumes (like peas and beans), so the warning makes sense after all, there could be tiny pieces of hazelnut in the can of peanuts.
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: April 28, 2021, 04:54:42 PM »

Dash2

Peanuts aren't nuts but legumes (like peas and beans), so the warning makes sense after all, there could be tiny pieces of hazelnut in the can of peanuts.

Ah thank. Star Didn't know that one. Blush

Now it makes sense why a friends with nuts allergie can actually eat peanuts.
Cordelia Fitzgerald

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: April 28, 2021, 11:22:17 PM »

I have to confess we are often very surprised with the extreme claiming situation in the States, well at least what is shown.

I must have sounded like the stereotypical clueless American who doesn't realize that cultures vary widely in Europe!  Blush

I am glad to know that all of those varied cultures haven't yet fallen pray to the litigious mentality and I appreciate everyone's answers!  Beer
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: May 01, 2021, 01:08:12 AM »

I must have sounded like the stereotypical clueless American who doesn't realize that cultures vary widely in Europe!  Blush

I am glad to know that all of those varied cultures haven't yet fallen pray to the litigious mentality and I appreciate everyone's answers!  Beer

To be fair, what you said wasnít strictly wrong - that is how personal injury lawyers are seen here in the US. Fun fact - one of the TV ads for a Baltimore sleazemeister promises that he will vigorously defend the ďurinated uponĒ.
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: June 15, 2021, 10:49:53 AM »

Scarlett has launched a fashion collection under the name SCARLY: https://scarly-shop.com

Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: June 15, 2021, 03:39:23 PM »

Oh boy, I had some hopes for her ... why do so many royal off-springs + spouses consider themselves "designers" - she can merge that clothes line with her sister-in-laws. Both not very up-to-date and wearable.
Cordelia Fitzgerald

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: June 15, 2021, 06:13:54 PM »

Oh boy, I had some hopes for her ... why do so many royal off-springs + spouses consider themselves "designers" - she can merge that clothes line with her sister-in-laws. Both not very up-to-date and wearable.

Agree; this is disappointing. 
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: June 15, 2021, 07:02:45 PM »

Agree; this is disappointing.  

Both outfits are childish and fussy IMO.

So awkwardly posed too.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: