Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Louis, Scarlett and family - News  (Read 23312 times)
onar

Humongous Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: June 17, 2021, 07:47:42 PM »

I like the clothes but not combined, however i don't get why someone with an actual title, member of a royal family with actual duties would do something like this.
Clothing lines, cosmetic products etc are for Hollywood celebrities. Why they want to be expandable celebrities? Why do they not invest in their image as public servants/royals?
I find this pretty much annoying. You're not a celebrity, you're a royal. Act like one.

Gemsheal

Medium Member

United States United States

I make my own memes

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: June 17, 2021, 09:41:39 PM »

I thought she was a lawyer?   What made her segue into fashion, I wonder ...  and looking at these samples of her wares, she's better off sticking to law  Wink

"... luscious woodbine,
With sweet musk roses and with eglantine:
There sleeps Titania sometime of the night,
Lull'd in these flowers with dances and delight."

Shakespeare - A Midsummer Night's Dream
Kayzilla

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: June 17, 2021, 10:18:33 PM »

I know it's a made-up brand based on her name, but "Scarly" sounds like a word that would mean "with scars."
Airlie (not the Countess)

Baby Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: June 17, 2021, 10:50:06 PM »

Wow, I wasn't expecting this! She seemed the opposite sort of person than one who is interested in starting a "brand".

Since Louis also works for one of her family's companies (in fact helped found it) I can't see that her work as a lawyer would be controversial when she married him.

She wasn't going to be a working royal or anything but this still seems tacky, like she decided to capitalise on the interest in her.
Antevorta

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: June 17, 2021, 11:02:17 PM »

What an unfortunate name for a business.  

I wonder if Scarly a pet name from Louis or a nickname?

I like some of her pieces but it's nothing I'd actively purchase.

The Elisa blouse in earth, the denim Jem blouse aren't bad and I like the black and white polka dot skirt.

The rest of her collection is not good.  

The shorter skirts and the one short dress do look a bit too young for my age group.
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: June 18, 2021, 12:40:53 AM »

I know it's a made-up brand based on her name, but "Scarly" sounds like a word that would mean "with scars."

Or “Scarily”. As in she is scarily close to Tessy territory - just put some butterflies on the clothes.
LittleThunder

Gigantic Member

France France

Forever my Queen.

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: June 23, 2021, 01:39:05 PM »

Scarlett has launched a fashion collection under the name SCARLY: https://scarly-shop.com

OK. She's beautiful (that's her in the first pic, right?), the pictures are good, but why ?  Thinking

Really, the clothes looks good to me, but they're no different from those I could find and buy on Zalando.  Confused

I'm surprise by this like other posters here, maybe fashion is an interest of hers; but still, we are over-crowded by wannabe stylists, so if there's not real passion and talent behind it, why doing this ? If there really so much money to make in that saturated niche ? Well, if it's make her happy to create, good for her.

Also the name made think of the Scary movies...  Sweating

To be fair, I really like the two first outfit, I could buy them (at less expensive price even it's reasonable enough in comparaison to other brands).  Smiley

Other pics : https://scarly-shop.com/p...oducts/blouse-julia-denim

Website about "about" : https://scarly-shop.com/pages/our-story
She says she's inspired by her grand-mothers and mother. She draws each piece.

Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #82 on: June 23, 2021, 02:18:38 PM »

Why though? Whyyyyy?

:boo:
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: June 23, 2021, 04:59:39 PM »

They fit her and the surrounding. But in the real world ...
Princess MS

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: June 25, 2021, 02:57:00 PM »

Scarlett has launched a fashion collection under the name SCARLY: https://scarly-shop.com

OK. She's beautiful (that's her in the first pic, right?), the pictures are good, but why ?  Thinking

Really, the clothes looks good to me, but they're no different from those I could find and buy on Zalando.  Confused

I'm surprise by this like other posters here, maybe fashion is an interest of hers; but still, we are over-crowded by wannabe stylists, so if there's not real passion and talent behind it, why doing this ? If there really so much money to make in that saturated niche ? Well, if it's make her happy to create, good for her.

To be fair, I really like the two first outfit, I could buy them (at less expensive price even it's reasonable enough in comparaison to other brands).  Smiley

I don’t see her as beautiful.... attractive maybe in an average way like many are
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: June 25, 2021, 05:03:18 PM »

I don’t see her as beautiful.... attractive maybe in an average way like many are

Most models imo are not beautiful...most of them just require the right height and body type.

There're certain someone's, who are beautiful and recognizable, but that's a minority.

Remember the clothes are important not the models (save for some super topmodels).
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: June 25, 2021, 06:07:06 PM »

She certainly did not waste time to market her newly found connection into the LRF. Even Tessy was more discret.
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: June 25, 2021, 06:54:50 PM »

She certainly did not waste time to market her newly found connection into the LRF. Even Tessy was more discret.

Good point.

I really don’t get it. How are these “designs” different from anything you could buy almost anywhere? 
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: June 25, 2021, 08:54:46 PM »

Good point.

I really don’t get it. How are these “designs” different from anything you could buy almost anywhere? 

They were designed by a future royal.

Isn't that enough for you? Roll Eyes
pocahontas

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: June 26, 2021, 05:59:45 AM »

Good point.

They were designed by a future royal.

Isn't that enough for you? Roll Eyes

There's nothing interesting about Scarlett's style. Her personal style (ugh the earrings) is actually tacky or very average/safe/middle of the road. And her merchandise is the same.
She's even less talented a designer than Pauline of Monaco. At least Pauline tries to be avant-garde and actually attended design school. And Pauline's personal style can be edgy.

Scarly needs to stick to practicing law.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: