Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 44   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RIP Philip  (Read 54167 times)
Princess MS

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2021, 01:42:05 PM »

Sad for the family and friends as it is for all of us when it happens. He had a privileged life for a long time - probably not easy but .... my father was born on 10 June and died on 4 March many years ago ... so some shared memories for me  .... It seems he had a life well lived ... we should be happy for that for him. I hope the UK holds steady on quarantine rules for those not in the country
onar

Humongous Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2021, 01:44:27 PM »

Oh no! This is so sad!!!!
I'm so very sorry for the family!
May he rest in peace.

fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2021, 01:46:55 PM »

Farewell Sir!
You will be very much missed, they just don't do people like you anymore....RIP

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Eve

Large Member

Estonia Estonia

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2021, 01:47:01 PM »

Very, very sad news.  Even when someone is nearly 100 years old, had a long and eventful life, its still unexpected and sorrowful news to hear.
My condolences to the family.
RIP Prince Philip.
Aubiette

Large Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2021, 01:47:25 PM »

The Queen needs her family now. I wonder how this will be handled for her safety and what are the UK’s Covid rules this week? Will they be able to gather with her at Windsor? At the funeral?
Curtains

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2021, 01:48:13 PM »

Damn! I did not expect to be in complete tears Cry

I know, Thistle.  Me either.

"Some of it's magic, and some of it's tragic: but I had a good life, all the way." - Jimmy Buffet, America's premiere poet
Pulsatilla

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2021, 01:54:03 PM »

Although not completely unexpected, it is still a shock. Somehow I had the feeling (stupid I know) that he and QEII would be there forever.
May he rest in peace and my sincere condolences for his family.
Oh_Caroline

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2021, 01:55:50 PM »

The Queen needs her family now. I wonder how this will be handled for her safety and what are the UK’s Covid rules this week? Will they be able to gather with her at Windsor? At the funeral?

SGC is plenty large enough to have the core family (ie her and Philip’s descendants) all that the service and social distanced.  Last I checked the rules were up to 30 and they have 29(?) descendants and current spouses.  The kids won’t all be expected to attend and at least one spouse shouldn’t be doing long haul fights right now so space and number wise they should be good.

Frogmore is also spacious enough for them to all attend the burial...if the rumors of a Frogmore burial are correct.
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2021, 01:58:57 PM »

Such sad news. I was hoping he'd make it to his 100th birthday  Sad

Rest in peace, Philip.
Aubiette

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2021, 02:00:00 PM »

SGC is plenty large enough to have the core family (ie her and Philip’s descendants) all that the service and social distanced.  Last I checked the rules were up to 30 and they have 29(?) descendants and current spouses.  The kids won’t all be expected to attend and at least one spouse shouldn’t be doing long haul fights right now so space and number wise they should be good.

Frogmore is also spacious enough for them to all attend the burial...if the rumors of a Frogmore burial are correct.

Thank you.
Étoile

Baby Member

to thine own self be true

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2021, 02:04:46 PM »

What a sad day for Her Majesty.

I can't imagine how she will feel tomorrow to wake up and not have him around.

Farewell, Iron Duke.
luvcharles

Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2021, 02:06:31 PM »

I am also thinking about Charles and Camilla - their wedding anniversary will forever now be also the day that Charles will remember as the day his father died (16 years ago today they married at Windsor).
Emac0914

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: April 09, 2021, 02:09:07 PM »

Phillip lived a long and rich life as a family man and public figure in support of the Queen and was pretty healthy and vibrant until the end.  I am greatly saddened for the Queen, losing her lifelong partner but unfortunately, life does march on. 💔

Condolences to the Queen and entire British Royal family and well as the nation.  

I was SO hoping he would have lived to see his 100th birthday - such a special number that not everyone can reach.
SvenskaSarah

Big Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: April 09, 2021, 02:17:55 PM »

I've just been driving and stopped to check my phone and seen the news. I'm heartbroken. I really thought he would get to 100. Hell, I thought he would live forever.
My heart breaks for Elizabeth, for their family, for all who knew him.
Though the pandemic is hard, I'm glad that despite the stay in hospital, Elizabeth and Philip got to spend their last few months together at Windsor.
Clover

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2021, 02:20:02 PM »

Very sad news indeed. Rest in Peace HRH, Duke of Edinburgh, Prince Philip.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 44   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: