Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 44   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RIP Philip  (Read 54160 times)
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: April 12, 2021, 11:09:08 AM »

QEII is a deeply private person and we probably will never know for sure where her emotions lie. But it is safe to believe that she has a knack for equally private and discreet people and knows where to put her trust and who to confine in. Quite apparently those people do not simply take her secrets and confidences with them to the grave, but also the mere fact that they were confidentes to be begin with.
Sophie has proven to be a very discreet person, she learnt her lesson early on and never made a wrong step ever since. She also is of the same cloth: very down to earth, more country aristo then city glamour, very focused and dutyful without much fuss, she seems happy and easy to talk to, likes horses and from some accounts likes the same sort of historical artefacts as the Queen. She is also apparently happily married to the Queen's son, and we know how much the Queen and Philipp valued a good family life.
Of all the daughters - in law, grand-daughters -(in law) she is the one who is one of the closest in age and experience to the Queen. Camilla (closer in age) has for a long time been a problem and I think even a good relation now might not mend a very troublesome relationship that lasted for over 30 years. Fergie, I believe has not have much to do with the Queen since her divorce and all the younger women are simply a lot of generations removed.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
…toile

Baby Member

to thine own self be true

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: April 12, 2021, 03:22:41 PM »

Oh, William.

Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: April 12, 2021, 03:26:14 PM »

Oh, William.

Could not be more pointed. Good on you William.
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: April 12, 2021, 03:33:34 PM »

Oh, William.

Cool your jets, everyone
Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: April 12, 2021, 03:47:24 PM »

Damn! William's message is so personal and full of love.

And the picture of George and his beloevd great-granpa Cry

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
genegal43

Huge Member

All I got was a Nancy Pearl Action Figure...

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: April 12, 2021, 03:55:02 PM »

So incredibly sweet!  Good on William!

Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: April 12, 2021, 04:16:23 PM »

George is young, but I'm sure he remembers the time with Philip.
ralf103

Huge Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: April 12, 2021, 04:49:05 PM »

Fantastic statement from William and how cute the idea of him in his carriage heading on over to Anmer. How lucky most of his great grandchildren were to have had time to really get to know their great grandpa.
Gemsheal

Medium Member

United States United States

Classic stink eye

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: April 12, 2021, 04:58:28 PM »

Oh that photo of Philip with George!      This is exactly the type of thing I've always wanted to see more of.

"... luscious woodbine,
With sweet musk roses and with eglantine:
There sleeps Titania sometime of the night,
Lull'd in these flowers with dances and delight."

Shakespeare - A Midsummer Night's Dream
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #324 on: April 12, 2021, 05:14:00 PM »

Please do remember Harry & Co are O/T.
Lady Liebe

Gigantic Member

Provence Amaryllis

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: April 12, 2021, 05:26:37 PM »

That is a lovely photo of PP and George. I notice George has a book and I am wondering if it was a gift from his Great Grandpa - Phillip loved to read and I would think gave his grandchildren and great grandchildren many books as presents. I have a picture in my mind of George reading the same book to his children and pointing out a personal inscription and telling them about their GG grandpa.

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.       Daniel Patrick Moynihan
onar

Humongous Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: April 12, 2021, 05:58:03 PM »

Great statement from Will, very personal and he still included his wife and children, pointing out the importance of the family - a value very high for The Queen and The Duke.

Emac0914

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: April 12, 2021, 06:57:04 PM »

I love all the personal comments and statements from the various members of the Royal family who have spoken out.  Warm, loving, kind thoughts and memories with that but of Phillipís wit - now get on with it!  He would want everyone to privately mourn and be sad but then carry on, as in life will continue now that heís gone, heís been and done, had his great place in this life.  Itís nice to get to hear the warm bits of the loving family man because he didnít always come across that way.  Donít think Phillip suffered fools and didnít mince words, in his own way.
Lady Mellie

Mini Member

Antarctica Antarctica

Ignore
« Reply #328 on: April 12, 2021, 09:06:49 PM »

Prince Philip will be missed. Princes Henrik, Claus, and Bernhard are throwing him a big party right now.
I like to imagine that he has been greeted by king Mihai of Romania  Smiley Both were born in 1921 and were related (2nd cousins if I'm not wrong).

Here in Romania :
with George II of Romania.

Other pictures (you have to scroll a little) :
https://www.romaniaregala...-familie-romano-britanic/

And guess where did Mihai meet his wife? In London, the wedding of Elizabeth and Philip.
LadyBunion

Huge Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #329 on: April 12, 2021, 09:38:13 PM »

that is right - second cousins, both great grandsons of George I of Greece - they were also  both descended from Queen Victoria  (? 3rd cousins)
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 44   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: