Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 44   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RIP Philip  (Read 54174 times)
CyrilSebastian

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #375 on: April 14, 2021, 12:38:56 AM »

Prince Philip accompanied Princess Margaret on her wedding day.   
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdWPhJjQM3o
Chandrasekhi

Gigantic Member

Vanuatu Vanuatu

The Memorial Wall along the Southbank in London

Ignore
« Reply #376 on: April 14, 2021, 01:01:46 AM »

Andrew is trash. This isn't about him, he should accept the palace decision on this.

https://twitter.com/re_da.../1382082870999724037?s=21

There is no creature on Earth as desperate as a royal spare, is there? Piss off Andrew.

"Disgruntled former employees of The Firm  hold the family hostage. Demands for employee benefits have been received. "

The Book Fairies are joining judges and contributors to the #HoldStill2020 project to mark the release of the beautiful book! We are leaving copies at places that gave us hope during lockdowns. #HSBookFairies #ibelieveinbookfairies
Bunnyette

Micro Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #377 on: April 14, 2021, 01:13:13 AM »

Andrew is trash. This isn't about him, he should accept the palace decision on this.

Wiggling his way back into his Mother’s good graces...need Anne to set him straight!
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #378 on: April 14, 2021, 01:35:05 AM »

Wiggling his way back into his Mother’s good graces...need Anne to set him straight!

Maybe he can move to California with ML and the Shaman.
Emac0914

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #379 on: April 14, 2021, 02:29:04 AM »

California and the US has enough trash here - please don’t send us more!!  Thumb down
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #380 on: April 14, 2021, 11:56:11 AM »

The birth-certificate of Prince Philip, in Greek

You may notice the Windsor Castle in english - it is mentioned where Princess Alice was born.
It is also mentioned, among other things, that Philip's godparents were HRH Queen Mother Olga and the Corfu's local authorities!!!! (I'm not sure I understood correctly this part, because of the handwriting)

The document is signed by the mayor of Corfu in November 3rd, 1921.
The newborn baby was presented to the priest who documented the birth in  October 24th, of that year and he was born in May 28th - according to the previous Julain calendar. So, I suppose that all the dates in the documents are in accordance with the julian calendar.

Very interesting. Thanks for posting. Star
Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #381 on: April 14, 2021, 12:44:38 PM »

Nice tribute from Denmark's Queen Smiley

https://www.kongehuset.dk...rh-prince-philips-funeral

Display of flags in connection with HRH Prince Philip’s funeral

Her Majesty The Queen has decided that flags will fly at half-mast at Amalienborg on Saturday, 17 April 2021 in connection with the funeral of His Royal Highness Prince Philip, The Duke of Edinburgh.

The funeral takes place in St George’s Chapel at Windsor Castle at 16:00 hrs Danish time. Prince Philip, who was born Prince of Greece and Denmark, passed away on 9 April at the age of 99.

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
Eliza B

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #382 on: April 14, 2021, 01:05:15 PM »

I'm confused. What is the palace decision on attire?

Supposedly it's the same ceremony as the Queen Mother so military dress is expected.

As Andrew isn't a current military member or have a ceremonial rule he would not be eligible.
Oh_Caroline

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #383 on: April 14, 2021, 01:18:07 PM »

I'm confused. What is the palace decision on attire?

Supposedly it's the same ceremony as the Queen Mother so military dress is expected.

As Andrew isn't a current military member or have a ceremonial rule he would not be eligible.

But he does, have his honorary roles, or at least people think he does as there were a good number of articles in February pointing out that only one troublemaker have been formally stripped.  He may have been stripped and there just hasn't been such a formal announcement but the royal rota have been under the impression since November 2019 that that's never happened.  Honestly it's all very confusing to me...SM tells me one thing but all the articles tell another story.  I'm so confused.

I find it interesting that the claim is he wants to go as a full Admiral as that's the special royal promotion he "refused" last year meaning he's still a Vice Admiral.  The promotions in rank every 5 years or so being different from Honorary positions.  So that would mean he now wants that promotion in rank and permission to dress in uniform.  Boggles belief.

I hope this is false because it does concern me about what he could try to get out of his mother now that his father has passed away.
Emac0914

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #384 on: April 14, 2021, 01:59:25 PM »

Pompous, self-serving jerk, hiding behind his mommy’s skirts (and power and influence) to avoid potential prosecution.  This time is about his family losing its beloved patriarch, not Andrew getting to play dress-up Admiral for the day.  He’s  “stepped down” so not “official” full time working royal so why should have all the honors.  Can’t have your cake and eat it, too, buddy.  If Harry isn’t allowed, why should he?
luvcharles

Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #385 on: April 14, 2021, 02:09:13 PM »

Prince Michael has never been a working royal but has regularly appeared at royal events in military uniform.

Being a working royal isn't a criteria for that right - simply being a royal is enough.
Étoile

Baby Member

to thine own self be true

Ignore
« Reply #386 on: April 14, 2021, 02:15:09 PM »

This is the last thing people should be talking about. Shame on him for trying to make his father's death an instrument for his rehabilitation.
thecrownjewelthief

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #387 on: April 14, 2021, 02:23:19 PM »

For US dishers, ABC will be covering the funeral starting at 9:30 am ET. Not sure if other channels are planning to as well, but just saw them announce it on GMA.
Oh_Caroline

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #388 on: April 14, 2021, 02:54:44 PM »

Prince Michael has never been a working royal but has regularly appeared at royal events in military uniform.

Being a working royal isn't a criteria for that right - simply being a royal is enough.

The problem is that they billed the decision in February based on the holder no longer being a working royal.  We all know that the reason is more complicated but the company line is only working royals get honorary positions. 

I think it also depends on whether you just retired or retire and resigned...but I’m not clear on everything. 

IMO neither of the troublemakers shouldn’t be in uniform as the last the the BRF needs is a PR disaster around what people worn to the funeral.  A small number will complain that the BRF was mean to not allow them to wear uniform but the small number doesn’t matter.  While the funeral is a family occasion the event is has global coverage and all decisions need to take that into account.

Not that it matters but I do fear that the small number will also create a stink about those members who never served playing dress up (Anne, Edward, and possible Richard).  You all know my opinion on the matter but I also realize that there’s a time and a place.

Basically this uniform thing is a right royal mess.

Unpopular opinion...as way too much attend is being paid to who will wear what as this point all the guys should just be in morning suits.  The focus of the day should be on Philip (and The Queen).
« Last Edit: April 14, 2021, 03:08:55 PM by Oh_Caroline » Logged
Ktc

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #389 on: April 14, 2021, 02:55:20 PM »

For US dishers, ABC will be covering the funeral starting at 9:30 am ET. Not sure if other channels are planning to as well, but just saw them announce it on GMA.

Thanks!
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 44   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: