Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 44   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RIP Philip  (Read 55129 times)
llcd

Baby Member

Brazil Brazil

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: April 09, 2021, 02:20:59 PM »

This is such a sad news. RIP Prince Philip  Cry
casie

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: April 09, 2021, 02:23:25 PM »

I'm sorry.  My condolences to the whole family, especially to HM. 
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: April 09, 2021, 02:26:00 PM »

From the Rev Richard Coles on twitter

Born on the kitchen table in a house called Mon Repos.

Died at Windsor Castle just short of a century later.

Condolences, and the assurance of prayers, to all who mourn.

Rest eternal grant unto him, O Lord, and let light perpetual shine upon him

Cool your jets, everyone
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: April 09, 2021, 02:28:53 PM »

It is with great sadness that we learned of the passing of His Royal Highness Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh. We offer our deepest condolences to Her Majesty The Queen and the British Royal Family and to the people of the United Kingdom.
Philippe & Mathilde

Cool your jets, everyone
Antevorta

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: April 09, 2021, 02:34:19 PM »

My heart hurts.

Goodbye, Sir.

Thank you for your service to your Queen. To your country, your wife and your family.

You were one of a kind and you will be deeply missed.
…toile

Baby Member

to thine own self be true

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: April 09, 2021, 02:37:35 PM »

My Grandmother always says that above all, widowhood is very lonely. Even if you have your children and grandchildren around you.

Dear God, I wish The Queen well.
Astrid

Mini Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: April 09, 2021, 02:42:41 PM »

Farewell Sir!
You will be very much missed, they just don't do people like you anymore....RIP

This! It is less the passing of an old man for whom life probably has become a burden, that I mourn, but the passing of a time where they made people like him!
Countess of Cows

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: April 09, 2021, 02:47:10 PM »

Cry  RIP Prince Philip.  My heart goes out to the Queen, she has to be devastated.  

My father drove himself to church and by the next Sunday he was in the hospital with major things happening.  He died a month after his 99th birthday.  At that age things just multiply.  I'm thankful he got to peacefully die at home.  

I think maybe he'd be comfortable with a dignified, small funeral instead of all the pomp and organized affair with lots of people he didn't know.  

All our morning shows are honoring him, lots of attention.  (drowning out covid,  the trial of the cop that murdered George Floyd and 2 more mass shootings yesterday).   Makes me glad he's being remembered with respectful tributes all over the world.

"I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies." Pietro Aretino

I would rather be hated for something I am, than loved for something I am not. -Bob Marley
Tatini

Gigantic Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: April 09, 2021, 02:51:22 PM »

I am really sad, this is really bad news. My heart goes out to his family, especially the queen. He lived a legendary life, his passing marks the beginning of the end of an era.
luvcharles

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: April 09, 2021, 02:53:07 PM »

I can be morbid at times but I felt when he left the hospital that he had gone home to die - in the same bedroom in which his mother and maternal grandmother were born in 1885 and 1863. He has certainly died in the same place where they were born.

I have just heard that the notice on the gates at BP has already been taken down - all part of trying to keep the crowds down. They are also reporting that there are about 30 or more news vans from all round the world outside the palace. The flag is at half-mast as they are up and down the country I believe - other than at Windsor where the Royal Standard is flying full of course.
Margaret

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: April 09, 2021, 03:07:02 PM »

I am also thinking about Charles and Camilla - their wedding anniversary will forever now be also the day that Charles will remember as the day his father died (16 years ago today they married at Windsor).

I'm afraid this is what strikes me as the really sad thing about Philip's death today.  It was bound to happen soon; his recent bout of ill-health and hospitalisation - and surgery... at that age! - was a clear indication that the end was near.  I had hoped he would make it to his 100th birthday, but Philip lived a very long, very full life and he died in his sleep at home, which is the best any one of us can hope for.  Elizabeth has lost her husband and will be grieving, but she, too, is very old and will have long ago come to terms with the inevitability of this event.  But Charles and Camilla's special day will forever now be the day Charles' father died, so what should only be a day of happiness will be tainted with great sadness for him  for the rest of his life.  
thecrownjewelthief

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: April 09, 2021, 03:13:39 PM »

I can be morbid at times but I felt when he left the hospital that he had gone home to die - in the same bedroom in which his mother and maternal grandmother were born in 1885 and 1863. He has certainly died in the same place where they were born.

I have just heard that the notice on the gates at BP has already been taken down - all part of trying to keep the crowds down. They are also reporting that there are about 30 or more news vans from all round the world outside the palace. The flag is at half-mast as they are up and down the country I believe - other than at Windsor where the Royal Standard is flying full of course.

This seems so poignant. The steadying presence of Her Majesty through everything.
Ghost

Medium Member

Romania Romania

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: April 09, 2021, 03:18:44 PM »

I feel that this might be inappropriate, I am still thinking about it: his death might bring some much needed unity to the people of UK. Iíve just seen on instagram on some accounts I follow, accounts about gardening and diy, that people are spontaneously putting flags on their houses.
The end of an era.
periwinkle

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: April 09, 2021, 03:20:57 PM »

Not shocking but so terribly sad. I am more shocked at my own reaction. It is the end of an era. I feel that the queen has been readying herself for this for a while and perhaps with his help. They were very bonded and close and in love but also fiercely strong people with independence and autonomy him by his upbringing and her by her profession. She was smiling in those Eastertime pictures with Charles and you know she knew it was just a matter of time. Maybe they were even returning from seeing the burial place. I think they are an extremely supportive family more than we know or reports of personality quirks allow us to envision.
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: April 09, 2021, 03:23:51 PM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 44   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: