Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 44   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RIP Philip  (Read 93744 times)
Molly2101

Huge Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #555 on: April 16, 2021, 11:08:41 PM »

And it continues:

The Queen has chosen this photo to release this evening.  It was taken by The Countess of Wessex in 2003 in Balmoral.

"All my heart is yours, sir: it belongs to you; and with you it would remain, were fate to exile the rest of me from your presence forever." Jane Eyre, Charlotte Bronte.
Aubiette

Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #556 on: April 16, 2021, 11:13:18 PM »

And it continues:

The Queen has chosen this photo to release this evening.  It was taken by The Countess of Wessex in 2003 in Balmoral.

Cry
Lady Liebe

Gigantic Member

Provence Amaryllis

Ignore
« Reply #557 on: April 16, 2021, 11:20:06 PM »

An intimate portrait in a superb setting.  

Well done Sophie.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies.     CS Lewis
onar

Humongous Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #558 on: April 16, 2021, 11:23:25 PM »

And it continues:

Amazing!
They were lovely together, a true couple, real partners!
It also seems to be from a setting of a movie! Backstage... and it is indeed kinda backstage, a side of their life we never got to see until now.

Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #559 on: April 16, 2021, 11:31:27 PM »

OMG!! What an amazing picture. They look absolutely adorable, true life partners.

And so relaxed! Their smile 

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
periwinkle

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #560 on: April 16, 2021, 11:33:05 PM »

I am just floored by this photo dump. This one is so gorgeous and to think they still had over 17 years still to go together. Her beloved Scotland and his beloved Lilibet "mon chou".
editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #561 on: April 16, 2021, 11:33:15 PM »

What a beautiful photo. It really captures their ease and happiness with each other, as well as their affection for Sophie.
periwinkle

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #562 on: April 16, 2021, 11:39:51 PM »

What a beautiful photo. It really captures their ease and happiness with each other, as well as their affection for Sophie.

What a lovely observation editor. Yes you can see that they trust the photographer implicitly.
ralf103

Huge Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #563 on: April 16, 2021, 11:41:05 PM »

Beautiful pictures being shared, and I love how each of them has been an "off duty" moment that allows us to see the family behind the throne as it were. I can so imagine Philip more and more being just like my grandad.

Jut re my comments about those attending and Edo etc - I completely think everyone who is going should be there and likely Philip asked for them to be there in some way or another. Covid is so hard for things like funerals, especially when you come from a relatively large family like the RF. My gran went into hospital not that long ago and for a while it was very touch and go, during conversations with a friend who had been to a funeral of a friend the rules of only 30 people being allowed hit home - my gran has 8 children of her own and 22 grandchildren - there is no way we would all be able to go when you factor in spouses. Its heartbreaking people have to pick who should attend and who can't and I don't want it to seem as if I was saying Edo or any other -in law shouldn't be there. They should and have every right, I just meant I wouldn't have been surprised if some people offered or indeed did give up their place for others to attend - the fact they is even something needing consideration is heartbreaking.

I will say, we always heard Philip didn't want a big funeral with lots of fuss so in some ways I guess the restrictions may be a blessing - likewise I wonder if HM will be quite happy to go back to her apartment after without having to host a load of dignitaries, foreign royals etc (yes I know they are family) and can instead pour a large gin and dubonnet, raise it to Philip and settle down in front of the TV or with a good book or jigsaw.

That said I do hope they mark his passing in some way when restrictions are eased more, it would be a shame for those charities he worked with, those friends and wider family and others not to mark his passing.
perdie

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #564 on: April 17, 2021, 12:30:52 AM »

I get that Edo is a rather recent addition to the family, but then again their wedding was the last family event of significance.  The last (or one of the last) photos of Philip released that wasn't some horrid paparazzi attempt to capture him being moved from hospital to hospital.  It was the last time that we really saw him as him, not a sick man.  Additionally, including other spouses because they've been around a bit longer or have had children but not Edo is to isolate Beatrice.  The photos we've seen have really shown how Philip was very much a family man - much more than previously indicated.  He seems to have been very close to his grandchildren and great-grandchildren, and I doubt he would have wanted to make his beloved granddaughter feel different or indeed unsupported.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2021, 01:59:29 AM by perdie » Logged
Aubiette

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #565 on: April 17, 2021, 12:56:34 AM »

I will say, we always heard Philip didn't want a big funeral with lots of fuss so in some ways I guess the restrictions may be a blessing - likewise I wonder if HM will be quite happy to go back to her apartment after without having to host a load of dignitaries, foreign royals etc (yes I know they are family) and can instead pour a large gin and dubonnet, raise it to Philip and settle down in front of the TV or with a good book or jigsaw.

I totally agree about not having to host a ton of people. Hopefully she can have a few family members/friends with her and just relax without having to be “The Queen”.
Gemsheal

Large Member

I make my own memes

Ignore
« Reply #566 on: April 17, 2021, 12:58:17 AM »

And it continues:

Wow.  Wow.  I love this photo.  Love, love, love.  I am SO glad the family has released so many beautiful unseen photos for all of us to adore.  

Dear Queen Elizabeth, sending you a virtual hug  Hug

“Because to take away a man's freedom of choice, even his freedom to make the wrong choice, is to manipulate him as though he were a puppet and not a person.”

― Madeline L'Engle
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #567 on: April 17, 2021, 01:14:06 AM »

And it continues:

Wow.  Wow.  I love this photo.  Love, love, love.  I am SO glad the family has released so many beautiful unseen photos for all of us to adore.  

Dear Queen Elizabeth, sending you a virtual hug  Hug

My absolute favourite photo of them.
Cordelia Fitzgerald

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #568 on: April 17, 2021, 01:58:26 AM »

It’s a terrible time to bury a loved one.
[/quote]
Indeed it is; there were 4 people at my Dad’s funeral in December and no gathering afterwards.
As for who is/isn’t invited to the funeral…I imagine Philip was quite aware he was going to die soon and that he made the final decision as to who the 30 allowed mourners would be. At least I like to think so.

[/quote]

I'm so sorry, EAH.  No matter how old we are, we're never ready to say goodbye to our dads.  Hug
editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #569 on: April 17, 2021, 02:05:20 AM »

^ Thank you Hug
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 44   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: