Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 44   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RIP Philip  (Read 54184 times)
ralf103

Huge Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: April 13, 2021, 09:25:43 AM »

It certainly is a possibility and I think I did read somewhere that it was going to happen (with his children) but it was very soon on after his death was announced so I don't know whether it is going to happen or if the media were just reporting what was planned under Forth Bridge plans. At most I think it could happen even if they have to wear masks.
Lady Liebe

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Provence Amaryllis

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: April 13, 2021, 09:35:38 AM »

It certainly is a possibility and I think I did read somewhere that it was going to happen (with his children) but it was very soon on after his death was announced so I don't know whether it is going to happen or if the media were just reporting what was planned under Forth Bridge plans. At most I think it could happen even if they have to wear masks.

I had been wondering if it would be possible for the family to stand vigil too. I hope they are able to do so -

I just read the Wikipedia entry for the Vigil of the Princes. While it does not mention PP, it references plans for QEII funeral and note that it is expected that all four children and all eight grandchildren will stand vigil.   
« Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 09:46:56 AM by Lady Liebe » Logged

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.       Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: April 13, 2021, 11:30:18 AM »

https://nos.nl/artikel/23...tot-meer-dan-100-000.html

Complaints about BBC programming after Philip's death amounted to over 100,000

At the BBC, the number of complaints about the programming after the announcement of the death of Prince Philip has well exceeded 100,000. Never before in British television history has been so much complained about the programming of the public broadcaster, according to British media.

The BBC's previous complaint record dates back to 2005, when 63,000 people complained about Jerry Springer: The Opera. According to the British newspaper The Guardian, 110,994 people have complained in recent days.

Special complaint form
After Philip's death, the BBC radically changed the programming, which led to the cancellation of numerous radio and TV programs. Many viewers zapped away. Both BBC1 and BBC2 had lower viewing figures than a week earlier.

Within hours of Philips death, the number of complaints about the reporting had grown to such an extent that the BBC placed a special complaint form on the website to steer the complaints flow in the right direction. This form was removed again on Sunday, making it more difficult for people to express their displeasure.

Prince Andrew
According to an internal BBC complaint log, which has been reviewed by The Guardian, viewers and listeners mainly felt that too much attention had been paid to the death of the prince. Nor did they understand why the BBC had adjusted the programming on all channels, while it could have been chosen to do so on only one of the channels.

Incidentally, not all complaints were about the extent of the coverage by the BBC. Some 400 complaints were also received about the broadcast of a response from Prince Andrew. The prince was friends with the late American businessman Jeffrey Epstein, who has been convicted of sexual abuse. Prince Andrew is accused of also participating in Epstein's abusive practices and for that reason has provisionally relinquished his princely duties.

In addition, The Guardian also noted more than 200 complaints about the clothes of the presenters. According to the complainants, they would have been disrespectfully dressed when Prince Philip's death was announced.
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: April 13, 2021, 11:54:43 AM »

Us Brits just love to complain! Over 100 people complained to the BBC that it was too easy for people to complain!

Seriously, the BBC was never going to make 100% of people happy, but they had to give proper and sombre coverage to such a major event. Gogglebox was still on channel 4, so people had options.

Cool your jets, everyone
luvcharles

Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: April 13, 2021, 12:01:31 PM »

I have also seen that the BBC received about 400 complaints about Andrew being interviewed (I wonder how many complaints ITV or Sky News received as they also ran the interview). I wonder how many complaints the palace would have received if Andrew had refused to answer any questions. He can't win in this situation but first and foremost he is a son mourning his father and wanting to support his mother. It is a pity the haters can't get their heads around something as basic as being human.
kbart

Mini Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: April 13, 2021, 12:33:06 PM »

The BBC regularly rehearses what it will do in these events but hasn't had to "go live" since Operation Tay Bridge in 2002. IMO Operation Forth Bridge is an opportunity to practice for the big one, Operation London Bridge. They will review what worked and did not work. The BBC aim is to speak with one voice - that was easier when there were two TV channels and 4 radio stations but now there are more. After the first 24 hours things did settle down. Of course people would have complained if not enough had been done.
The final of TV Masterchef was postponed which probably led to a lot of complaints as well!
Lady Alice

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: April 13, 2021, 12:45:58 PM »

Is there a good link or thread in this forum or article to help untangle his royal relatives/connections and explain what it means to be a prince of Greece and Denmark and if the Danes today are princes of Greece, etc? 

I found the pictures and story of him and Mihai so intriguing!

it's wiki but it's a start: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greek_royal_family : As male-line descendants of King Christian IX of Denmark, members of the dynasty bear the title of Prince or Princess of Denmark and thus are traditionally referred to as "Princes" or "Princesses of Greece and Denmark".

But no, it doesn't work the other way - so Fred and Jokke are not "of Greece and Denmark", only Denmark.

Right, because they're not descended from George I of Greece, the king formerly known as Prince of Denmark. Only male-line descendants of the Greek Royal House, descended from George, carry the double-barreled prince title.

Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: April 13, 2021, 12:52:57 PM »

About the complains: In my country people are very complainy at the moment because of the circumstances. Maybe this could be the case, too?
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #353 on: April 13, 2021, 01:14:54 PM »

I have also seen that the BBC received about 400 complaints about Andrew being interviewed (I wonder how many complaints ITV or Sky News received as they also ran the interview). I wonder how many complaints the palace would have received if Andrew had refused to answer any questions. He can't win in this situation but first and foremost he is a son mourning his father and wanting to support his mother. It is a pity the haters can't get their heads around something as basic as being human.

I personally got the feeling he was almost revelling in talking to the media and have to say I found it rather revolting. Judging by the comments in the DM, I wasnít the only one. IMO itís on Andrew himself, heís simply not a nice or clever or self-reflecting person. I hope he quickly slinks back into the shadows and stays there for good since he apparently has no interest in talking to the FBI.
Lady Willoughby

Warned
Gigantic Member

Circa Regna Tonat

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: April 13, 2021, 01:25:51 PM »

I personally got the feeling he was almost revelling in talking to the media and have to say I found it rather revolting. Judging by the comments in the DM, I wasnít the only one. IMO itís on Andrew himself, heís simply not a nice or clever or self-reflecting person. I hope he quickly slinks back into the shadows and stays there for good since he apparently has no interest in talking to the FBI.

He can provide quotes to the public on his father after he speaks to the FBI. Heís not owed a presence in front of a microphone in order to grieve Pa properly.

Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: April 13, 2021, 01:30:39 PM »

He is an opportunist. He saw Charles, Edward and Sophie making statement, and did it thinking the public would have pitty on him because his father died. He was clearly happy about being interviewed. I bet this idiot thinks that he has a chance to go back to public life now that Philip is dead, painting himself as HMQEII companion now she is a widow. IMO, He is basically preying on his griving mother to get some gain out of her personal loss Dead

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
Gemsheal

Medium Member

Classic stink eye

Ignore
« Reply #356 on: April 13, 2021, 04:07:38 PM »

He can provide quotes to the public on his father after he speaks to the FBI. Heís not owed a presence in front of a microphone in order to grieve Pa properly.

THIS, this, a thousand times this.   Star   

"... luscious woodbine,
With sweet musk roses and with eglantine:
There sleeps Titania sometime of the night,
Lull'd in these flowers with dances and delight."

Shakespeare - A Midsummer Night's Dream
jerry4

Baby Member

Brazil Brazil

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: April 13, 2021, 04:16:22 PM »

« Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 04:22:44 PM by jerry4 » Logged

Sorry about my English...
Chandrasekhi

Gigantic Member

Vanuatu Vanuatu

The Memorial Wall along the Southbank in London

Ignore
« Reply #358 on: April 13, 2021, 04:58:05 PM »

https://twitter.com/i/status/1381334388332445698

The Book Fairies are joining judges and contributors to the #HoldStill2020 project to mark the release of the beautiful book! We are leaving copies at places that gave us hope during lockdowns. #HSBookFairies #ibelieveinbookfairies
periwinkle

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #359 on: April 13, 2021, 05:07:53 PM »

At the end of the day I don't care that Andrew spoke about his father after church. Yes I think it was opportunism and he enjoyed being back in front of reporters but his words while not eloquent were mostly thoughtful and he had to have been given the ok by the queen and yes she is indulgent of him but you know whatever. If he keeps it up there is a problem. It's actually kind of a nice check to be able to see him and hear from him and now that we can tell that he hasn't changed he can go back under his rock.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 44   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: