Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Downton Abbey - The movie  (Read 4051 times)
anneboleyn

Warned
Medium Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2021, 08:56:10 PM »

I am literally so happy about this!! Downton Abbey is one of my all time favourite shows, and I was so sad when it was finished. I appreciated that they ended it before it got bad, but I just love the time era and the characters so much. I'm very pleased about a second movie. Might have to do a re-watch of the entire series and first movie closer towards Christmas!
Duchess of Verona

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2021, 10:22:08 PM »

I've watched the entirety of the Downton Abbey  series and movie several times. I pick up new nuances of the story lines every time. I'm going to do the mini series Belgravia next. It's written by Jullian Fellows as well.
Cordelia Fitzgerald

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2021, 12:21:11 AM »

Fantastic news, and so glad that the dowager countess will at least make an appearance!
anneboleyn

Warned
Medium Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2021, 06:34:37 PM »

I've watched the entirety of the Downton Abbey  series and movie several times. I pick up new nuances of the story lines every time. I'm going to do the mini series Belgravia next. It's written by Jullian Fellows as well.

So true - I find I pick up something new every time I watch it?

Who is everyone's favourite character? For me it's got to be Sybil and then Branson!
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2021, 06:49:44 PM »

Fantastic news, and so glad that the dowager countess will at least make an appearance!

Yes I was worried that her illness that she disclosed to Mary would carry her off.

Who is everyone's favourite character? For me it's got to be Sybil and then Branson!

For me itís the Dowager Countess and the Countess of Grantham. The Dowager for her way with a one liner and the Countess for her cool head and serene beauty that belies an ability to help her daughter move a corpse.
leatherface

Gigantic Member

Nigeria Nigeria

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2021, 07:36:17 PM »

Yes I was worried that her illness that she disclosed to Mary would carry her off.

For me itís the Dowager Countess and the Countess of Grantham. The Dowager for her way with a one liner and the Countess for her cool head and serene beauty that belies an ability to help her daughter move a corpse.

My favourite is Lady Mary, I love a good bitch.
Lady Liebe

Gigantic Member

Provence Amaryllis

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2021, 07:58:55 PM »

For me it’s the Dowager Countess and the Countess of Grantham. The Dowager for her way with a one liner and the Countess for her cool head and serene beauty that belies an ability to help her daughter move a corpse.

Yes! and from downstairs my favorites are the Cook, Mrs. Patmore and the Housekeeper, Mrs. Hughes.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2021, 08:21:16 PM by Lady Liebe » Logged

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.       Daniel Patrick Moynihan
jolene

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2021, 08:31:58 PM »

I have a soft spot for Edith. Nothing good ever happens for her and then, boom!, she married a marquess. Love the BFFs Violet and Isobel and their banter. Carson and Elsie crack me up too.
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2021, 08:33:47 PM »

Yes! and from downstairs my favorites are the Cook, Mrs. Patmore and the Housekeeper, Mrs. Hughes.

I have a soft spot for Edith. Nothing good ever happens for her and then, boom!, she married a marquess. Love the BFFs Violet and Isobel and their banter. Carson and Elsie crack me up too.

Yes to both of you. So many great characters in that series. I even liked Thomas sometimes.
Cordelia Fitzgerald

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2021, 12:13:31 AM »

I full-on ugly cried with Sir Anthony Strallan jilted her at the altar!   Cry No matter how many times I've seen the series, and it's a fair few, that scene/story line still breaks my heart (even though by now I know she has such a happy ending!)
CyrilSebastian

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2021, 12:30:38 AM »

I heard about the new Downton Abbey movie this morning on the radio. I like the fact that Highclere Castle represented Downton Abbey.
anneboleyn

Warned
Medium Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2021, 04:21:31 AM »

My friend loved the character of Edith so much that she chose that name for her new daughter. So sweet!!

Yes, I love Thomas. Major soft spot for him.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: