Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 29   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Funeral of HRH The Prince Phillip Duke of Edinburgh  (Read 21320 times)
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: April 17, 2021, 10:54:38 PM »

Charles crying Cry

His face appeared very, very red compared to everyone else’s.

What do you mean by that? He’s in direct sunlight, no?
KimmySue

Medium Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: April 17, 2021, 10:58:39 PM »

Cry
A Citizen not a Subject

Warned
Large Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: April 17, 2021, 11:30:07 PM »

Charles crying Cry

Nothing sinister. Everyone was in direct sunlight, but his face was just noticeably much redder than everyone else’s.

I live in hope that one day I will be able to elect my Head of State.
Duchess of Verona

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: April 17, 2021, 11:38:37 PM »

Yes, I notice he was very red faced the whole time. So they are saying the Queen had 15 people back afterwards. https://www.express.co.uk...harry-prince-William-kate. Clearly:
Charles and Camilla
Anne and Tim
Andrew
Edward and Sophie
Peter
William and Kate
Eugenie
Beatrice
Zara
+2

What is your guess?
Celia

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: April 17, 2021, 11:40:47 PM »

Sarah and David Armstrong-Jones
Duchess of Verona

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: April 17, 2021, 11:43:25 PM »

Sarah and David Armstrong-Jones
Ok, but you see who else is not on my list....
Celia

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: April 17, 2021, 11:54:47 PM »

He's probably on the red-eye to LA.
Emac0914

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: April 18, 2021, 12:03:11 AM »

I’m sorry if a little off topic, but read down thru the Express link listed a couple of posts back and got a little incensed by the commentary of the CBS broadcaster, Gayle King, aka Oprah’s best friend.  Since when does Gayle King become the ultimate knowledge on William and Harry’s relationship and of all days, couldn’t they leave this topic alone!  Let the Queen and her family have their day without all this stupid UK and US tabloid and broadcasting, going on and on about this!  Just leave it alone already and let them heal!! 😡
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: April 18, 2021, 12:12:05 AM »

All right, Eternal Father Strong To Save.  I’m in pieces now.

Did this song make anyone else think of the movie Titanic? 🤭 It was the first time I heard it. This choir did a beautiful job.

Not me.  A friend of mine was the first female graduate of the US Naval Academy to die in the line of duty.  Her funeral at Annapolis was wrecking but we sang this.  I grew up in a Navy family so I considered it disrespectful (rising to the level of Stolen Valor) for the movie to use it.  Anything for a buck, eh Cameron?  

It's quite an old hymn, and it was actually sung at the Sunday morning church service aboard the Titanic, per survivors.  So Cameron, far from seeking a buck, was just being historically accurate.

I fully realize that.  I still think it was vulgar and cheap of Cameron.  My family has served since the War of 1812, and hearing Winslet, who I otherwise like, warble her way through something I consider genuinely sacred is like fingernails on a chalkboard.

I agree Curtains. Cameron knew that more than one historical inaccuracy was in the movie, but decided to just let it be, so it isn’t hard to believe that he would disrespect a navy song. Personally I hated that “throw a huge piece of blue plastic jewelry that looked like a cheap knockoff of the Hope Diamond” into the ocean” ending.

https://www.businessinsid...istakes-in-titanic-2012-3

Anyway, to get back on topic, what a horribly difficult day for this family and I wish them peace and healing.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2021, 12:22:25 AM by anastasia beaverhausen » Logged
ralf103

Huge Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: April 18, 2021, 12:39:41 AM »

In regards to the wake of up to 15 people - up to 6 people can meet outside in a garden or public park.  It could well be that HM hosted those who would have to leave knowing full well that she will see her family in the coming days e.g. HM hosted the likes of the German relatives, the Kents and Duke of Gloucester, Penny Brabourn, maybe even her children and spouses and left the grandchildren to have up to 6 in a garden somewhere e.g. Royal Lodge.

Who knows.
Konradin

Small Member

Argentina Argentina

“Après moi le déluge”

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: April 18, 2021, 12:47:07 AM »

It was a lovely service, sorry for all of you who watched this in CNN, I screened the whole thing on Youtube via the BBC, just silence, no comment was needed. Even if this was a very personal moment, lowkey because the DoE wanted this way plus the pandemic, it was beautifully done, the Windsor do know how to do this things. I managed to pull it together until the God Save The Queen, I could tell some of them were crying, looking at Sophie was hard for she cried during most of the service. It is nice to remember from to time they are human, people who seldom show any emotion like Charles or Anne looked devastated. The DoE was difficult at times but such a character as well, he hated being forced to play a role and that was what made him so genuine, that is why it made me feel so sad for HM, she looked frail, even her clothes looked big on her.

I mean, we all have partners, right? But 70 b... years, that is a life. You can say what they want about them, or feel as you please, but they managed to pull themselves through a lot, and be there for each other.

He shall be missed, and I hope the HM reigns for a bit more. Britain needs stability, the family issues, brexit, the pandemic, Scotland wanted independence and now losing Philip, when you think about it, her twilight years should had been calmer but it was the opposite way around, she couldn't catch a break in the last 5 years, and I pity her.  Sad
casie

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: April 18, 2021, 01:09:51 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1se8_-fcxZs
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: April 18, 2021, 01:19:24 AM »

Charles crying Cry

Nothing sinister. Everyone was in direct sunlight, but his face was just noticeably much redder than everyone else’s.
He’s always ruddy. I think he has rosacae and is the most outdoorsy royal as well...
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: April 18, 2021, 01:23:50 AM »

It was a beautiful ceremony.

Charles just seemed broken. I guess all the people who think that he's just been waiting for his parents to die because he hates them and wants the throne can see how wrong they've been

I didn't see the German relatives, even thought their presence was announced.

I’ve never, not once in decades of royal-reading, seen that written about Charles. Do you recall where? Or was it just Twitter? 😬
emtishell

Large Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: April 18, 2021, 02:09:51 AM »

I’m done. They really have knocked it out of the park this week  Sad
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 29   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: