Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 29   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Funeral of HRH The Prince Phillip Duke of Edinburgh  (Read 21013 times)
periwinkle

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: April 17, 2021, 05:06:42 PM »

What are they supposed to do next?

Have some fried chicken and deviled eggs obviously lol.
ralf103

Huge Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: April 17, 2021, 05:06:47 PM »

I suspect the family may mingle for a moment or two before heading their separate ways, no wake will have been planned.
RainbowUnicorn68

Baby Member

Denmark Denmark

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: April 17, 2021, 05:07:26 PM »

Such a moving service, but utterly heartbreaking to see the queen alone. That brought tears to my eyes.

It was beautiful when the bagpipe faded.
Lady Willoughby

Warned
Gigantic Member

Circa Regna Tonat

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: April 17, 2021, 05:07:43 PM »

Yes, Hester. I have new respect for him. I used to just notice the ďgaffes.Ē But all the articles about him being warm, supportive, and humorously disarming charmed me. I have enormous respect for him and his mother.

He was well loved by the people all men are charged to care for in their lives, their family. The measure of the man.

Paulina

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: April 17, 2021, 05:07:48 PM »

I normally take my dog to the dog beach right now, but Iím watching this and feeling guilty.

lilyrose

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: April 17, 2021, 05:08:35 PM »

It may be a fanciful hope but I would love to get a little tribute from the great-grandchildren in some way. The photos that the family has released show that Philip was not only a loving grandfather, but made sure to spend time with his great-grandchildren as well.
genegal43

Huge Member

All I got was a Nancy Pearl Action Figure...

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: April 17, 2021, 05:11:26 PM »

What are they supposed to do next?

Have some fried chicken and deviled eggs obviously lol.

Laugh bounce  Yes!  And jello, you can't forget the jello!

Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
Gemsheal

Medium Member

Classic stink eye

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: April 17, 2021, 05:12:41 PM »

All right, Eternal Father Strong To Save.  Iím in pieces now.

Did this song make anyone else think of the movie Titanic? 🤭 It was the first time I heard it. This choir did a beautiful job.

Not me.  A friend of mine was the first female graduate of the US Naval Academy to die in the line of duty.  Her funeral at Annapolis was wrecking but we sang this.  I grew up in a Navy family so I considered it disrespectful (rising to the level of Stolen Valor) for the movie to use it.  Anything for a buck, eh Cameron?  

It's quite an old hymn, and it was actually sung at the Sunday morning church service aboard the Titanic, per survivors.  So Cameron, far from seeking a buck, was just being historically accurate.

"... luscious woodbine,
With sweet musk roses and with eglantine:
There sleeps Titania sometime of the night,
Lull'd in these flowers with dances and delight."

Shakespeare - A Midsummer Night's Dream
Paulina

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: April 17, 2021, 05:13:22 PM »

Can you imagine how surreal it must be for the queen?

They had a good, long run.

I love the picture they shared that Sophie took at balmoral, such natural smiles.

12 years ago in two weeks, I buried my husband. It was surreal.
anneboleyn

Warned
Small Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: April 17, 2021, 05:14:30 PM »

Did this song make anyone else think of the movie Titanic? 🤭 It was the first time I heard it. This choir did a beautiful job.

Not me.  A friend of mine was the first female graduate of the US Naval Academy to die in the line of duty.  Her funeral at Annapolis was wrecking but we sang this.  I grew up in a Navy family so I considered it disrespectful (rising to the level of Stolen Valor) for the movie to use it.  Anything for a buck, eh Cameron?  

It's quite an old hymn, and it was actually sung at the Sunday morning church service aboard the Titanic, per survivors.  So Cameron, far from seeking a buck, was just being historically accurate.

Thanks for sharing, thatís so interesting to learn.
SvenskaSarah

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: April 17, 2021, 05:15:36 PM »

I am so sorry for your loss. In light of your post, I agree that it seems disrespectful for the movie to use it.

IIRC Eternal Father was sung on Titanic as part of the religious services. The hymn is known to be synonymous with the sea and the Navy. I think the use of the hymn in the film was one brief moment of historical accuracy, though ofc the words were utilised for dramatic effect in the film.

Utterly beautiful service, I'm heartbroken. My auntie, who is also my Godmother, passed away suddenly on Thursday. I'm feeling a lot of emotions right now, but the funeral service, Philip's choice of readings and music was comforting to me, and I'm sure that was an intention of him for his family too.

Seeing the Queen so alone like that was heartbreaking. She looked so frail, so broken. But she carried that refined dignity that is synonymous with her and Philip's persona and philosophy.

The service was filmed in a very dignified manner, cutting away at the most emotional moments to allow the family to grieve in private. Kate was very moved too during the service, I noticed, as well as Charles, Sophie and others.

The walk after the service reminded us all that they are still a family, despite their status and titles. It was nice to see Earl Snowden comfort Peter Philips, and the family talk among themselves. They seemed to have sighed a breath and relax after they left the Chapel, as we all do after funeral services.

I so hope in the future that the Queen, her children and grandchildren are supported and support one another.
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: April 17, 2021, 05:19:04 PM »

Can you imagine how surreal it must be for the queen?

They had a good, long run.

I love the picture they shared that Sophie took at balmoral, such natural smiles.

12 years ago in two weeks, I buried my husband. It was surreal.

Iím so sorry...❤️
anneboleyn

Warned
Small Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: April 17, 2021, 05:22:09 PM »

Utterly beautiful service, I'm heartbroken. My auntie, who is also my Godmother, passed away suddenly on Thursday. I'm feeling a lot of emotions right now, but the funeral service, Philip's choice of readings and music was comforting to me, and I'm sure that was an intention of him for his family too.

So sorry for your loss  Hug
Ellie

Warned
Ginormous Member

proud moron thx Scooby Doo

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: April 17, 2021, 05:26:37 PM »

It seems a lot of us have lost so much in the last year. This is a punch in the gut for some reason, just seeing the photos. Knowing all we have permanently lost as of last year, and the fact is we as humans cannot properly grieve or send off our loved ones which helps with the grief and closure - so it sits like an open wound salt rubbed into it every day.

Hug my lovely disher family, I do care deeply for you all

writing angry fauxminist letters in the Lesbaru
A Citizen not a Subject

Warned
Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: April 17, 2021, 05:28:36 PM »

I know this is hardly the biggest issue of the day, but if anyone has visited Windsor Castle, perhaps they know the answer to this question, as it pops into my head every time I watch a service from Windsor: how is it that the family enters the chapel from a door to the right of the altar but then appear from the left?

I live in hope that one day I will be able to elect my Head of State.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 29   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: