Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 29   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Funeral of HRH The Prince Phillip Duke of Edinburgh  (Read 21096 times)
Cordelia Fitzgerald

Small Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: April 17, 2021, 07:25:14 PM »

Did anyone see Sarah Chatto?

No, and I was very disappointed not to!
Paulina

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: April 17, 2021, 07:26:13 PM »

I didn’t. I know she’s super close to the Queen.
LongMaySheReign

Mini Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: April 17, 2021, 07:26:19 PM »

It was a beautiful ceremony.

Charles just seemed broken. I guess all the people who think that he's just been waiting for his parents to die because he hates them and wants the throne can see how wrong they've been

I didn't see the German relatives, even thought their presence was announced.
LongMaySheReign

Mini Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: April 17, 2021, 07:26:59 PM »

I didn’t. I know she’s super close to the Queen.

She was there, I saw her.
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: April 17, 2021, 07:53:51 PM »

Lady Liebe

Gigantic Member

Provence Amaryllis

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: April 17, 2021, 08:13:48 PM »

One last thought. At the end of the next funeral they will sing God Save the King. That will slay me.

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.       Daniel Patrick Moynihan
loveofenglishtradition

Baby Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: April 17, 2021, 08:18:32 PM »

It was a beautiful ceremony.

Charles just seemed broken. I guess all the people who think that he's just been waiting for his parents to die because he hates them and wants the throne can see how wrong they've been

I didn't see the German relatives, even thought their presence was announced.

It was a very moving and beautiful ceremony.
I did not see Sarah Chatto, but her brother . It seemed that only the male members of the family walked behind the casket. But, at the end there was a very short glimpse of Sarah and the three German relatives.

I wonder where were the Mountbattons, Pamela Hicks and Penelope , one of their closest friends?
Maybe the TV station just did not show them , they must have been there, because it was published.
There were special TV reports in Germany about the remaining German relatives who had been invited and some of them being interviewed about their relationship to Prince Philip in the past.

I felt sorry for the Queen, sitting so alone by herself. For the first time she looked frail  .
lilyrose

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: April 17, 2021, 08:38:23 PM »

Gert's Royals on twitter has posted a complete seating chart

https://twitter.com/Gerts...83480944443547654/photo/1

Is there a reason that the Queen/Andrew/Anne/Harry were in the second row on their side? Is that just normally where she sits? To me, it would make more sense to have them in the first row and mirror Charles' side. Then they could have the Kent siblings and Prince Richard closer up, and even Peter Phillips.
dwi

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: April 17, 2021, 08:52:22 PM »

I spoke of a formation of people anneboleyn.

Sorry, I wasn’t referring to your post. It’s the multiple Harry posts I meant.

i agree.  give it up at least for one day.
ralf103

Huge Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: April 17, 2021, 08:52:45 PM »

I think we heard during one of the past weddings in the chapel that this is HM's favourite seat and I guess this seems to confirm it.

I wonder why they left the seats where the choir usually sit free? Seems odd to me to do that and leave some of those attending quite far away.
Emac0914

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: April 17, 2021, 09:03:14 PM »

Well-executed, very thoughtfully planned service.  From the military unit salutes in the Quadrangle, with carriage and beautiful ponies (loved the cap, gloves, pot and blanket) to the special Range Rover, the music and liturgy by the clergy...a very touching and fitting send off to the man he was.  It was very touching to allowed to see what felt like a private funeral and while I know many more people would have been there in a non-COVID world, I loved the intimacy this service afforded the family.  Seeing their raw grief was hard and reminds us he was just as much a family figure and they are very much a family, even with the squabbles that happen - they’re human, too despite being the Monarch and Royal Family.  Many very touching moments, tears, as should be for such a sad occasion.

I agree with the few comments - do think Beatrice is expecting.  Did anyone see her bow to the cross at the altar, then hesitantly turn and look back to where the coffin had been.  Touching!

I was also happy to see the brothers walking and talking together.  ‘Nuf said!

I hope the family got to spend a little time with the Queen, to give her some further comfort after a hard day, before they disbursed.  Glad many family members are close by for the upcoming days along with her beloved dogs. 💔
Celia

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: April 17, 2021, 10:08:58 PM »

Lady Sarah was wearing her mother's diamond and pearl earrings as well as a black skirt that I believe she has worn a few times before.
lothwen

Warned
Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: April 17, 2021, 10:11:13 PM »

One last thought. At the end of the next funeral they will sing God Save the King. That will slay me.

I imagine it will wreck Charles as well
Pjaye

Baby Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: April 17, 2021, 10:23:02 PM »

https://www.instagram.com...IH-/?igshid=1h8flwaskaq3o

Sad
LadyBunion

Huge Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: April 17, 2021, 10:32:13 PM »

Funerals are always more difficult when there is a surviving spouse (and it was particularly sad today) , regardless of who the individual  is the death of survivor somehow leads to thoughts that they are reunited, particularly at the end of a long life and it may not feel so hard for the mourners

Thinking back to pictures of George VI funeral, it must have been devastating for all but by the time QEQM died it was sad but expected and she was with Bertie again.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 29   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: