Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Happy Birthday to the lovely Lady Sarah Chatto!  (Read 4130 times)
Carreen

Mini Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« on: May 01, 2021, 05:00:38 PM »

Lady Sarah Chatto, the daughter of Princess Margaret and Antony Armstrong-Jones, is the beloved and talented niece of Queen Elizabeth II. Not a shadow of an indiscretion or scandal has ever touched her. She has gone her way quietly, loyally and admirably. She is elegant, a very good painter, and I have liked her since I was a child.

Lady Sarah and I are of the same age - my 57th birthday was some days ago. Since childhood, we had similar hairstyles (when I watched Princess Anne's wedding, I had exactly the same chamber pot haircut like Sarah and LOVED it!) and similar fashion, and I have always admired her from afar.

When she watched the old home movies of her mother and aunt, she spoke with such love of both. She was a beloved grandchild of the Queen Mother, and that's saying something. The Queen Mother seemed to prefer sometimes the children "close to the throne", e.g. Charles over his siblings. But in the case of Sarah - she was and is simply beloved by everybody. I love her style, her hats and skirts, her lack of pretense.

I wish her all the best in her family life, her art and everything else.
Countess of Cows

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2021, 06:16:02 PM »

Happy Birthday to you both  Champagne

She is lovely and a class act right down the line.  I love her style too, simple elegance, no pretense or over the top preening for attention.  I'm a total sugar for her 

"I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies." Pietro Aretino

I would rather be hated for something I am, than loved for something I am not. -Bob Marley
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2021, 06:34:17 PM »

Happy birthday to you Champagne

And yes Lady Sarah is a great person.
Emac0914

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2021, 07:10:27 PM »

Happy Birthday to you both  Champagne

She is lovely and a class act right down the line.  I love her style too, simple elegance, no pretense or over the top preening for attention.  I'm a total sugar for her 

I agree - sheís a class act.  Classic, elegant style, very low-key and I love that sheís so wonderfully close to her aunt.  The Queen needs people like her and Sophie around right now.
Ghost

Medium Member

Romania Romania

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2021, 08:41:49 PM »

Happy birthday, Careen!
Carreen

Mini Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2021, 10:10:49 PM »

Ooopsi, very dear Co-Dishers, I didn't mean to fish for gratulations but now that they come, I appreciate them very much. Thank you! And I'm glad others like Lady Sarah, too.
sugarcookie

Baby Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2021, 04:31:02 AM »

Happy birthday to a very lovely lady!

fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2021, 11:54:54 AM »

I also have always had a soft spot for Sarah. So happy birthday to her....and to you too Carreen..
By all accounts she must be an incredibly kind and lovely person. She didn't inherit her mother and father's great handsomeness and beauty, but she didn't seem to have inherited their demons either, only the talent and the charm.
And while not pretty in the current view of beauty, I think she is attractive, she has a great figure, impeccable taste and this very lovely aura around her - IMO much more fetching than mere beauty...

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Paulina

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2021, 04:15:46 PM »

Princess Charlotte looks so much like her itís uncanny.

Iím amazed that with the hate between her parents and public scandals, she turned out so well. I can only think her aunt and maternal granny were a huge support to her. No idea of her relations with her fathers family.

Sheís one of my favorites.
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2021, 04:19:17 PM »

I don't follow her that much, but it seems she got the best of both parents, she has a good bit of the "typical Windsor look". She is beautiful, but in a very modest way.
anastasia beaverhausen

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2021, 05:38:01 PM »

I don't follow her that much, but it seems she got the best of both parents, she has a good bit of the "typical Windsor look". She is beautiful, but in a very modest way.

I agree. I definitely see her father in her face - and she is very lovely.  But I confess I donít really think Charlotte looks like her. /ducks/
Nappyolean

Warned
Mini Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2021, 05:52:06 PM »

So funny, I donít understand how one canít see Sarah Chatto. I think Sara and Charlotte have the exact same unique look. Anyway, Happy Birthday to both of them!
Lady Willoughby

Warned
Gigantic Member

Circa Regna Tonat

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2021, 05:58:35 PM »

So funny, I donít understand how one canít see Sarah Chatto. I think Sara and Charlotte have the exact same unique look. Anyway, Happy Birthday to both of them!

I can see Sarah, but more in the past than in this particular picture of her. Charlotte is very William in her birthday picture this year.

Cordelia Fitzgerald

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2021, 08:35:43 PM »

I also have always had a soft spot for Sarah. So happy birthday to her....and to you too Carreen..
By all accounts she must be an incredibly kind and lovely person. She didn't inherit her mother and father's great handsomeness and beauty, but she didn't seem to have inherited their demons either, only the talent and the charm.
And while not pretty in the current view of beauty, I think she is attractive, she has a great figure, impeccable taste and this very lovely aura around her - IMO much more fetching than mere beauty...

Excellent summation of how I feel, and wonderful tribute to her!  I'd love it if one day I were described thusly.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2021, 09:18:42 PM »

Excellent summation of how I feel, and wonderful tribute to her!  I'd love it if one day I were described thusly.
Argh, I am sure you can be described just like this....

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: