Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mr and Mrs Gates are divorcing!  (Read 6200 times)
Celia

Huge Member

Ignore
« on: May 03, 2021, 11:33:34 PM »

Holy cow.  Empty nest syndrome?  The menopausal-I-no-longer-give-a-f*ck-about-maintaining-YOUR-status-quo, husband! syndrome?
whiplashhx

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2021, 11:35:24 PM »

I'm actually shocked, my nosy self wonders what happened.

Statement from them:

Curtains

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2021, 11:39:43 PM »

I had heard - and this of course may not be true at all - that their prenup included a provision for him to continue another relationship on a very limited basis.  Again, that may or may not be true.

Iím also rather curious but what I did like about this announcement is that Melindaís name came first, which is not the usual (and sexist) pattern of male name first - and not a shared last name.  Itís her full name then his full name.  It says to me that she is retaining the Gates name while forging a path away from him.

27 years is a helluva long time in their stratosphere.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2021, 11:51:45 PM by Curtains » Logged

"Some of it's magic, and some of it's tragic: but I had a good life, all the way." - Jimmy Buffet, America's premiere poet
whiplashhx

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2021, 11:49:03 PM »

I had heard - and this of course may not be true at all - that their prenup included a provision for him to continue another relationship on a very limited basis.  Again, that may or may not be true.

But Iím also rather curious but what I did like about this announcement is that Melindaís name came first, which is not the usual (and sexist) pattern of male name first - and not a shared last name.  Itís her full name then his full name.  It says to me that she is retaining the Gates name while forging a path away from him.

I heard about that too but I wasn't sure if it was some conspiracy thing I read up on so I didnt say it. Honestly, my mind first went to a Bezos situation.
Celia

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2021, 12:04:56 AM »

Ha, we kind of double-posted.

I'm also reminded of the divorce the Murdochs (I think) went through --wife no. 1.  They'd been married 30 years, she was a "housewife" the entire time, and she asked for half the net worth based on her providing a home environment conducive to him creating a billion-dollar business.  He fought it, of course, because she was "only" a housewife and not an executive, but she still got a pretty penny.

I hope Mrs. Gates does well here.
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2021, 12:16:16 AM »

I had heard - and this of course may not be true at all - that their prenup included a provision for him to continue another relationship on a very limited basis.  Again, that may or may not be true.

Iím also rather curious but what I did like about this announcement is that Melindaís name came first, which is not the usual (and sexist) pattern of male name first - and not a shared last name.  Itís her full name then his full name.  It says to me that she is retaining the Gates name while forging a path away from him.

Isnít it though?  I heard the same thing about the ďlittle cheatĒ. I guess that didnít do it for them anymore.
periwinkle

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2021, 12:44:04 AM »

I would argue that Bill is Microsoft and Melinda is the philanthropy (I know he comes from a philanthropic family) and that she made him more palatable which is not unusual. I was struck by the wife's name coming first it reminded me of something I heard when Jeff and MacKenzie Bezos got divorced that she got "his" money and you know what it is her money so stop that nonsense. Melinda will continue to be a force in the world. I especially appreciate that she walks the path of being a devout Catholic but unrepentant pardon the pun on birth control and abortion. You go girl.
whiplashhx

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2021, 01:40:59 AM »

Just randomly thinking: didn't Bill step down from some Microsoft position a few months back? I wonder if the impending divorce had something to do with his decision to step down.
shastadaisy

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2021, 03:52:28 AM »

Wow - I didnít see this coming. To split after almost 30 years tells me there is or was a serious issue that couldnít be resolved by simply living apart (they have enough houses) and giving each other space.
Nappyolean

Mini Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2021, 04:26:10 AM »

Melinda gates was not just the housewife. They met while she was managing something at Microsoft, she has an MBA, she was even valedictorian of her high school. So she will easily get half of everything. I think itís so interesting when people live these fantastic lives, build companies, foundations, empires, have families and then split it up to go live your golden years somewhere else. Al and Tipper Gore did the same thing. I wonder if either Gore is happier now.
Countess of Cows

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2021, 04:31:18 AM »

I'm reading no prenup, but a "separation agreement".

There more to this story (I'm betting it's a 20 something "soul mate").  I could not be more surprised! 

"I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies." Pietro Aretino

I would rather be hated for something I am, than loved for something I am not. -Bob Marley
Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2021, 06:43:48 AM »

I read the story about Bill's ex in a book about him. She's older than him and an investor, so a mover and shaker in Silicon Valley. Bill asked for spending a weekend vacation with her every year to discuss ideas etc. Melinda agreed to it.

Bill Gates socialized with Jeffrey Epstein even after he got out of jail. There were comments that he visited Epstein's island. Not sure that's true or not.

Or maybe, Melinda saw how happy McKenzie was after divorcing Jeff Bezos and decided to do the same. Whether she'll get a half depends on the prenup. McKenzie married Jeff Bezos before they founded Amazon together. Melinda married Bill after Microsoft was already well established. I would be very surprised if there's no prenup. Bill Gates' father was an attorney.

Edit: Just read that it's Melinda who filed for divorce ("irretrievably broken" in a divorce petition) and there's no prenup. That's a surprise. She filed in Washington state, which is a community property state. 

« Last Edit: May 04, 2021, 07:02:35 AM by Laprincess » Logged
Chandrasekhi

Gigantic Member

Vanuatu Vanuatu

The Memorial Wall along the Southbank in London

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2021, 09:07:44 AM »

Melinda gates was not just the housewife. They met while she was managing something at Microsoft, she has an MBA, she was even valedictorian of her high school. So she will easily get half of everything. I think itís so interesting when people live these fantastic lives, build companies, foundations, empires, have families and then split it up to go live your golden years somewhere else. Al and Tipper Gore did the same thing. I wonder if either Gore is happier now.

Too true! Nor was Mackenzie. As an aside: why people continue to diminish the  role of woman as nurturers, is beyond me. As for Billy & Melly:
1. Perhaps they are spiltting their fortune to protect it or  
2. He did something that went beyond the pale and completely inconsistent with Melly's values  or
3. Since Billy suggested solar dimming, Melly finally realised that he was totally mad and drunk on power. Isn't Billy a virologist, climatologist, cosmologist, meteorologist, agronomist, geneticist, ...

« Last Edit: May 04, 2021, 10:05:26 AM by Chandrasekhi » Logged

The Book Fairies are joining judges and contributors to the #HoldStill2020 project to mark the release of the beautiful book! We are leaving copies at places that gave us hope during lockdowns. #HSBookFairies #ibelieveinbookfairies
loubna

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2021, 09:59:07 AM »

according to some of my reading the Melinda and Bill Gates foundation is not that ethical
Chandrasekhi

Gigantic Member

Vanuatu Vanuatu

The Memorial Wall along the Southbank in London

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2021, 10:08:17 AM »

according to some of my reading the Melinda and Bill Gates foundation is not that ethical
Acclaimed activist Vandana Shiva, certainly thinks so, too.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2021, 10:21:00 AM by Chandrasekhi » Logged

The Book Fairies are joining judges and contributors to the #HoldStill2020 project to mark the release of the beautiful book! We are leaving copies at places that gave us hope during lockdowns. #HSBookFairies #ibelieveinbookfairies
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: