Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mr and Mrs Gates are divorcing!  (Read 5108 times)
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2021, 11:56:30 AM »

Please, no more O/T chatter..
Ghost

Medium Member

Romania Romania

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2021, 12:01:13 PM »

I read in more than one place that there’s a 24 years old lady involved. Also, no prenuptial.
Really, there’s nothing new in this world...
Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2021, 12:07:47 PM »

Just randomly thinking: didn't Bill step down from some Microsoft position a few months back? I wonder if the impending divorce had something to do with his decision to step down.

He left the company board of directors, which was more of a consultive position more than a year ago - in March 2020. It was nothing new, as he was scaling back his involvement in the company for more than 10 years. The two events does not seem related, imo.

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
getafix

Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2021, 12:14:10 PM »

I had heard - and this of course may not be true at all - that their prenup included a provision for him to continue another relationship on a very limited basis.  Again, that may or may not be true.

I’m also rather curious but what I did like about this announcement is that Melinda’s name came first, which is not the usual (and sexist) pattern of male name first - and not a shared last name.  It’s her full name then his full name.  It says to me that she is retaining the Gates name while forging a path away from him.

27 years is a helluva long time in their stratosphere.

Curtains, sorry are you saying that Bill wanted to see somone on the quiet but maintain happy families with Melinda for Public image?  Blink Thinking

I am a little confused. Or 'there were three of us in this marriage' scenario?

$84 bl is  Yikes

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
Elissa

Most Exalted Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2021, 01:48:23 PM »

I didn't see this one coming !

So Melinda is the one who filed for divorce ? Hmmm. Then I would not be surprised if other parties were involved. Especially younger and, as we said in my area, "physically intelligent"  Secret Halo

Curtains

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2021, 02:16:33 PM »

I had heard - and this of course may not be true at all - that their prenup included a provision for him to continue another relationship on a very limited basis.  Again, that may or may not be true.

I’m also rather curious but what I did like about this announcement is that Melinda’s name came first, which is not the usual (and sexist) pattern of male name first - and not a shared last name.  It’s her full name then his full name.  It says to me that she is retaining the Gates name while forging a path away from him.

27 years is a helluva long time in their stratosphere.

Curtains, sorry are you saying that Bill wanted to see somone on the quiet but maintain happy families with Melinda for Public image?  Blink Thinking

I am a little confused. Or 'there were three of us in this marriage' scenario?

$84 bl is  Yikes

G Smiley

Yes, that’s what it was - and again, never truly confirmed but many sources indicate without attribution - that the prenup between Melinda and Bill provided for him to continue another existing relationship on a very limited basis, without that becoming grounds for divorce or nullifying the prenup/changing the terms of the prenup.  Whether or not that is true or that he ever exercised that clause is an unknown.  (Why have it in there if it isn’t to be exercised though?)

But not a “three of us in the marriage” idea IMO because all were consenting parties.  If you are referring to the triangle with the POW PssofW, and CPB, that was a situation where all parties didn’t consent.

EDITING TO ADD:  According to the news this am, there WAS not prenup.  I’m finding that hard to believe but...
« Last Edit: May 04, 2021, 02:25:55 PM by Curtains » Logged

"Some of it's magic, and some of it's tragic: but I had a good life, all the way." - Jimmy Buffet, America's premiere poet
Nappyolean

Mini Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2021, 03:58:34 PM »

I didn't see this one coming !

So Melinda is the one who filed for divorce ? Hmmm. Then I would not be surprised if other parties were involved. Especially younger and, as we said in my area, "physically intelligent"  Secret Halo

I don’t think it usually “matters” who files in these type of cases with super rich, long married folks. They make a plan, the lawyers and PR staff pretty much negotiate before the press knows anything. I don’t think the “wronged” party files except in crazy cases like Depp/Heard or West/Kardashian were a message is being sent.
Eliza B

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2021, 04:06:22 PM »

I'm reading no prenup, but a "separation agreement".

There more to this story (I'm betting it's a 20 something "soul mate").  I could not be more surprised!  

Is it weird I feel like she's found her someone not him?

I'm thinking there's someone in the wings for 1 or both. The fact that she's agreed to a initial separation contract before filing for divorce, makes it seem like she's giving in already because she found someone to grow with. Some younger and fitter than Bill philanthropist/ scientist type.
periwinkle

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2021, 04:13:41 PM »

As a woman Melinda's age I can't help think now that the kids are here and out of the nest and she has more money than God and a real purpose and mission beyond her husband that she's not focused on a young stud but rather getting on with her own game on her own terms. That is sexier than a hot bod next to you especially if you're menopausal I mean who cares anymore lol. I would be shocked if she were the one with someone on the side and if she did have someone she would go straight to divorce and not pass trial separation.
anneboleyn

Warned
Medium Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2021, 04:17:04 PM »

Normally it's fair game to assume that either party could have cheated or found someone else, but in the petition, Melinda Gates calls the marriage "irretrievably broken", which makes me thing that Bill has done something she will not tolerate.
Royal Me!

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2021, 04:17:49 PM »

As a woman Melinda's age I can't help think now that the kids are here and out of the nest and she has more money than God and a real purpose and mission beyond her husband that she's not focused on a young stud but rather getting on with her own game on her own terms. That is sexier than a hot bod next to you especially if you're menopausal I mean who cares anymore lol. I would be shocked if she were the one with someone on the side and if she did have someone she would go straight to divorce and not pass trial separation.

Star   I'm with you on these points.    Thumb up
Eliza B

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2021, 05:04:28 PM »

I disagree.  After nearly 30 years with an emotionally limited and socially awkward man, a man she had to take by the horns to teach him philanthropy.... why wouldn't she want a partner more on her level and someone who can support her and her dreams.

Her kids are out of the house.  I could see her wanting to be put first this next chapter. 
Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2021, 07:19:54 PM »

The Gates do not have a prenup but prior to the divorce filling they signed a separation agreement. This was in the making for a while and before filling for divorce and making the news public, they reached an agreement on how they would slip their assets by mutal agreement.

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
thecrownjewelthief

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2021, 07:32:08 PM »

Their youngest turned 18 in September. I think it’s possible they just outgrew each other a while ago but tried to stick it out for the kids but couldn’t make it work and decided to separate once the kids were out of the house. I’d bet the details have been worked out and it’ll be a peaceful divorce deal.

As for her reasoning in the filing, I know in some states there just aren’t a ton of options and the category can sound worse than what really is going on. I’m not familiar with WA state at all though.
Oh_Caroline

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2021, 09:20:55 PM »

According to my research Washington State is a “no fault” state, meaning the only legal grounds for divorce is the “irretrievable breakdown” of the marriage.  A number of other states are the same.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: