Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mr and Mrs Gates are divorcing!  (Read 6373 times)
Paulina

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: May 05, 2021, 03:04:25 PM »

Wow, Princess MS, with all that family drama in the background, you still managed to carve out an illustrious career for yourself. Atta girl.

I think, at least from my own experience, it makes sense to date a lot when you are young, get to know yourself and what you like and don’t like in a person and relationship, so when you finally meet the right one, you know it.

My late husband and I both dated a lot before we met. In high school, college, and after, I’d usually had relationships of maybe 6-9 months. One for two years. He had, too. When we met on a blind date set up by his ex girlfriend, who was my friend, we hit it off and were engaged 6 months later. She was a bridesmaid in our wedding.

The trick was to learn and grow from each relationship.

As for Bill and Melinda, boy their pictures and kids look like it was solid for a long time. She’s no dummy. I have much admiration for what Mackenzie Bezos did immediately after her divorce. Big, make-a-difference philanthropy.
onar

Humongous Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: May 05, 2021, 10:12:51 PM »

I didn't see this one coming !

So Melinda is the one who filed for divorce ? Hmmm. Then I would not be surprised if other parties were involved. Especially younger and, as we said in my area, "physically intelligent"  Secret Halo
What is this?
The next way to say "hot"?
Or an indication for someone who can do the whole Kama Sutra?

Third party or not, IMO is common to see couples divorcing after 30 years of marriage and the kids are out of the house.

I hope from the bottom of my heart it will never be common. For marriage is “for better and for worse, for rocher and for poorer, in sickness and in health til death do us part”.

It's sad and I agree with you, my ideal for marriage is "for ever" but, as Maria said, it's way better to divorce than remain in a bad relationship. People change and we may not grow together with our spouse -  as the announcement of the Gates mentioned.

Lady Liebe

Gigantic Member

Provence Amaryllis

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: May 06, 2021, 05:01:29 PM »

Throwing this in because, on another topic, a disher once made the remark along the lines of - you may not like TMZ but you will find they are correct most of the time.  So with that in mind:

BILL GATES FAMILY FURIOUS AT HIM ...
During Secret Trip Ahead Of Divorce

https://www.tmz.com/2021/...tes-divorce-island-angry/

The Bill and Melinda divorce has been a done deal for months, TMZ has learned, and they had a plan to announce it back in March ... a plan that included renting a remote, private island where the entire family -- with one BIG exception -- could avoid the media once the announcement was made ... sources with direct knowledge tell TMZ.

Our sources say Melinda Gates rented Calivigny Island in Grenada ... yes, she rented the entire island for $132,000 a night. The plan was for Melinda and the kids, as well as their significant others, to come to the island -- everyone except Bill. We're told everyone in the family already knew Bill and Melinda were divorcing. There was a considerable amount of acrimony associated with the split and we're told virtually everyone in the family took Melinda's side. Another way of putting it ... we're told they were very angry at Bill, and that's why he wasn't invited.

The reason for going to the island ... so no one from the media could reach them and ask about the split when it was announced during their stay.

But, there was a problem ... lawyers for both Bill and Melinda were trying to hash out a divorce settlement and there were still outstanding issues that couldn't be resolved at the time of the trip. We're told Melinda decided to go anyway ... well, with everyone BUT Bill.

So here's the takeaway. First, we're told this was not a friendly split. We're told Melinda and most of the family were furious at Bill for various things they claim he had done.

Second ... it's clear this divorce has been a long time in the making. And, finally, it appears they have all but reached a property settlement given the lawyers have been working on it for months and Bill transferred nearly $2 billion in stock to Melinda on the very day she filed for divorce. These things are not done piecemeal ... it would almost certainly have been part of a global settlement.

We shall wait and see how things play out.

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.       Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Princess MS

Warned
Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: May 06, 2021, 05:45:54 PM »

Wow, Princess MS, with all that family drama in the background, you still managed to carve out an illustrious career for yourself. Atta girl.

I think, at least from my own experience, it makes sense to date a lot when you are young, get to know yourself and what you like and don’t like in a person and relationship, so when you finally meet the right one, you know it.

My late husband and I both dated a lot before we met. In high school, college, and after, I’d usually had relationships of maybe 6-9 months. One for two years. He had, too. When we met on a blind date set up by his ex girlfriend, who was my friend, we hit it off and were engaged 6 months later. She was a bridesmaid in our wedding.

As for Bill and Melinda, boy their pictures and kids look like it was solid for a long time. She’s no dummy. I have much admiration for what Mackenzie Bezos did immediately after her divorce. Big, make-a-difference philanthropy.

Thanks 🥰 yes finding your way is not easy especially with issues in the background... we all have them and for me working was a way to switch off and I guess I didn’t stop for a long time....
Eliza B

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: May 06, 2021, 05:52:00 PM »

Throwing this in because, on another topic, a disher once made the remark along the lines of - you may not like TMZ but you will find they are correct most of the time.  So with that in mind:

BILL GATES FAMILY FURIOUS AT HIM ...
During Secret Trip Ahead Of Divorce

https://www.tmz.com/2021/...tes-divorce-island-angry/

The Bill and Melinda divorce has been a done deal for months, TMZ has learned, and they had a plan to announce it back in March ... a plan that included renting a remote, private island where the entire family -- with one BIG exception -- could avoid the media once the announcement was made ... sources with direct knowledge tell TMZ.

Our sources say Melinda Gates rented Calivigny Island in Grenada ... yes, she rented the entire island for $132,000 a night. The plan was for Melinda and the kids, as well as their significant others, to come to the island -- everyone except Bill. We're told everyone in the family already knew Bill and Melinda were divorcing. There was a considerable amount of acrimony associated with the split and we're told virtually everyone in the family took Melinda's side. Another way of putting it ... we're told they were very angry at Bill, and that's why he wasn't invited.

The reason for going to the island ... so no one from the media could reach them and ask about the split when it was announced during their stay.

But, there was a problem ... lawyers for both Bill and Melinda were trying to hash out a divorce settlement and there were still outstanding issues that couldn't be resolved at the time of the trip. We're told Melinda decided to go anyway ... well, with everyone BUT Bill.

So here's the takeaway. First, we're told this was not a friendly split. We're told Melinda and most of the family were furious at Bill for various things they claim he had done.

Second ... it's clear this divorce has been a long time in the making. And, finally, it appears they have all but reached a property settlement given the lawyers have been working on it for months and Bill transferred nearly $2 billion in stock to Melinda on the very day she filed for divorce. These things are not done piecemeal ... it would almost certainly have been part of a global settlement.

We shall wait and see how things play out.

Why would divorcing couples stay at the same resort together for the announcement?

I bet they haven't been living together for quite some time.  Especially after deciding to split assets.

And kids staying with mom, sorry to say but it sounds pretty normal in most situations of divorce. Divorce isn't easy at any age, and i'm sure there's plenty of hurt and anger to go around. But if they were miserable together, they're better off in the long run splitting.
Princess MS

Warned
Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: May 06, 2021, 05:55:26 PM »

Thanks 🥰 yes finding your way is not easy especially with issues in the background... we all have them and for me working was a way to switch off and I guess I didn’t stop for a long time....

And also thanks to everyone who posted responses to me ... I really appreciate that we can share experiences together however awkward situations are .... 😀
anneboleyn

Warned
Medium Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: May 06, 2021, 06:03:39 PM »

Why would divorcing couples stay at the same resort together for the announcement?

I bet they haven't been living together for quite some time.  Especially after deciding to split assets.

And kids staying with mom, sorry to say but it sounds pretty normal in most situations of divorce. Divorce isn't easy at any age, and i'm sure there's plenty of hurt and anger to go around. But if they were miserable together, they're better off in the long run splitting.

I agree!  Thumb up
editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: May 06, 2021, 06:28:59 PM »

Maybe Christian Bach has found his actual soulmate? 😹
Laugh bounce
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: