Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New royal yacht is coming  (Read 5173 times)
Oh_Caroline

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2021, 11:24:47 PM »

That doesn’t surprise me.  The BRF has generally been against the various attempts to get a new yacht.  Good policy as they must know that they’d be blamed for ALL the expense.
ralf103

Huge Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2021, 11:40:27 PM »

The RF have more media savvy than Bozza and his government. The emphasis is on this being a "national flagship" rather than a royal yacht, apparently HM has vetoed it being named after Philip. It sounds like we will have basically a floating embassy - a place for businesses and ministers to do business deals, trade deals, showcase British business - exactly what Britannia did more off than anything else tbh. And in that regard I'm sure the RF are happy to distance themselves from it. I can see in time Charles and Cams using it (they did once charter a yacht for a tour) during longer FCO visits but the emphasis will be on it being a government asset than can be used occasionally for official events involving the RF. Equally the Royal Household doesn't, I'm sure, want to be stuck with the bill for running a yacht used mainly by others. In short, if this even gets built (I can so see it not happening in the end) it will be a state asset that the Royals will use from time to time just as they use foreign embassies now but it won't be a proper royal yacht a la Britannia - decorated as desired by HM and Phil and used for private family holidays. Given their reactions so far I'm also sure the RF will wait and see the public reaction to the new "national flagship" - if it becomes a white elephant I'm sure they'll steer as clear of it as a possible.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57293882
nyetochka

Baby Member

Croatia Croatia

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2021, 04:22:16 PM »

New blow for BRF.

https://www.theguardian.c...dium#Echobox=1622639069-1

the Queen’s courtiers banned “coloured immigrants or foreigners” from serving in clerical roles in the royal household until at least the late 1960s, according to newly discovered documents that will reignite the debate over the British royal family and race.

The documents also shed light on how Buckingham Palace negotiated controversial clauses – that remain in place to this day – exempting the Queen and her household from laws that prevent race and sex discrimination.
anneboleyn

Warned
Large Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2021, 06:08:21 PM »

Not surprising.

“And she will keep coming back to life, over and over again, because beneath the skin of this gentle human lives a warrior unstoppable.” - Annabelle M. Ramos
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2021, 08:52:23 PM »

New blow for BRF.

the Queen’s courtiers banned “coloured immigrants or foreigners” from serving in clerical roles in the royal household until at least the late 1960s, according to newly discovered documents that will reignite the debate over the British royal family and race.

The documents also shed light on how Buckingham Palace negotiated controversial clauses – that remain in place to this day – exempting the Queen and her household from laws that prevent race and sex discrimination.

I don’t understand the controversy Confused It’s not surprising that courtiers would fight against equality and modernity or that it’s possibly not something they would bring up with the royal family. Courtiers are never not conservative. And perhaps I am extremely ignorant because I thought most royals were above the law as the DRF is? Secret Not at all fair in anyway but that’s not what a monarchy is, is it...
leatherface

Gigantic Member

Nigeria Nigeria

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2021, 08:57:36 PM »

New blow for BRF.

I don’t understand the controversy Confused It’s not surprising that courtiers would fight against equality and modernity or that it’s possibly not something they would bring up with the royal family. Courtiers are never not conservative. And perhaps I am extremely ignorant because I thought most royals were above the law as the DRF is? Secret Not at all fair in anyway but that’s not what a monarchy is, is it...

Exactly Maria!

It was the 60s, of course the courtiers were racially prejudiced back then. I would be shocked if the grey men were modern day levels of progressive back then.

This is bottom of the barrel click bait by the Guardian and I am sick and tired of lazy and unscrupulous "journalists" ginning up controversy by holding people in the past to the standards that we all are still struggling to uphold today.
anneboleyn

Warned
Large Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2021, 09:08:20 PM »

It was the 60s, of course the courtiers were racially prejudiced back then. I would be shocked if the grey men were modern day levels of progressive back then.

This is bottom of the barrel click bait by the Guardian and I am sick and tired of lazy and unscrupulous "journalists" ginning up controversy by holding people in the past to the standards that we all are still struggling to uphold today.

Who wasn't racially prejudiced back then? I mean, they had separate schools and libraries in the US. It's not like the rest of the world was open arms and just the BRF and courtiers were racist. They're trying to capitalize off past issues that can't be changed. Very lazy journaling, I agree.  Star

“And she will keep coming back to life, over and over again, because beneath the skin of this gentle human lives a warrior unstoppable.” - Annabelle M. Ramos
Aubiette

Big Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2021, 09:15:19 PM »

This is interesting timing. Feeding into comments made by others recently and a with lot of “See it’s true and we told you so” going around.
luvcharles

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2021, 09:44:24 PM »

What is interesting about that is the both Queen Victoria and Edward VII had coloured (i.e. black and brown) people working for them, especially from the sub-continent. That would mean that it was a decision made in the 20th century by George V, Edward VIII, George VI or Elizabeth II to ban them as earlier monarchs didn't have any such issues.
Paulina

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2021, 09:49:19 PM »

I wonder what the racial make up of the three household staffs is now? BP, CH, and KP.

Fairly diverse, probably.
nyetochka

Baby Member

Croatia Croatia

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2021, 03:51:24 AM »

New blow for BRF.

Great Britain came out of the World War II with victory over one of the biggest evil regimes the world has ever  seen-nazi Germany. I would expect BRF to lead with example and be a leader when it comes to solving  racial issues.

nyetochka

Baby Member

Croatia Croatia

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2021, 03:58:50 AM »

https://www.theguardian.c...2001/dec/07/race.monarchy

Elizabeth Burgess, 39, who had worked part-time at the prince's Highgrove estate near Tetbury for 10 years, broke down in tears as she claimed that the prince's valet, Michael Fawcett, had called her a "fucking nigger typist".

She claimed she had told Amanda Yaxley, Highgrove's personnel officer, about the incident and had been told to make sure she had a witness. "But she did not think anything would be done about it because we all knew that the prince adored Michael and would not listen to anyone else so there was no point in making a complaint because nothing would be done about it."

Ellie

Muted
Ginormous Member

proud moron thx Scooby Doo

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2021, 04:39:33 AM »

Do not feed the troll

writing angry fauxminist letters in the Lesbaru
nyetochka

Baby Member

Croatia Croatia

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2021, 04:55:09 AM »

Do not feed the troll

The articles are coming from Guardian which is a respectable newspaper. What is trollish about racist accusations?
anneboleyn

Warned
Large Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2021, 05:00:47 AM »

https://www.theguardian.c...2001/dec/07/race.monarchy

Elizabeth Burgess, 39, who had worked part-time at the prince's Highgrove estate near Tetbury for 10 years, broke down in tears as she claimed that the prince's valet, Michael Fawcett, had called her a "fucking n***** typist".

She claimed she had told Amanda Yaxley, Highgrove's personnel officer, about the incident and had been told to make sure she had a witness. "But she did not think anything would be done about it because we all knew that the prince adored Michael and would not listen to anyone else so there was no point in making a complaint because nothing would be done about it."

I sincerely hope that story isn’t true. That  would be so disappointing.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: