Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shooting in a school in Kazan, Russia  (Read 1512 times)
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« on: May 11, 2021, 11:04:25 AM »

https://www.nu.nl/buitenl...er-wie-acht-kinderen.html

At least eleven killed in a shooting in a Russian school, including eight children.

At least eleven people died in a shooting in the Russian city of Kazan on Tuesday morning. It concerns at least eight children and a teacher. According to the Russian news agency TASS, 32 people have been injured.

According to BBC News, a suspect has been arrested. Two people would have opened fire. It is not clear whether a second suspect has also been arrested.

More than seven hundred children and about seventy employees would have been present in the school building. Images on social media show that heavily armed agents have entered the building. Some children would have jumped out of windows to escape danger.

Witnesses have told Russian emergency services that they have heard explosions. It is not clear where these explosions took place, but Russian media shows images of debris in the building.

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2021, 11:06:13 AM »

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-57070024

BBC live feed about the shooting
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2021, 11:08:07 AM »

https://nos.nl/artikel/23...russische-school-in-kazan

At least 11 people were killed in an attack on a Russian school in Kazan

At least 11 people were killed in an attack on a school in the Russian city of Kazan, 800 kilometers east of Moscow, including 9 students and a teacher.

A 17-year-old gunman has been arrested. He was not a student of the school. Another attacker, who did attend the school, was holding people hostage on the third floor of the building, according to the first reports. He was killed by the police, the Russian news agency Tass reports. Nothing is yet known about a motive.

A video is circulating on social media showing children jumping down from the top floors.

At least 32 are injured. "Many of them are children. We know that four children with gunshot wounds are in intensive care," says correspondent Iris de Graaf on NPO Radio 1. It is not clear how the other injured are doing.

The arrested 17-year-old gunman is said to have said when he was arrested that he also placed a bomb somewhere.

Eyewitnesses tell Russian media they heard an explosion before shooting. It is not yet clear what kind of explosion that was.

Among other things, the police are investigating whether there is still an explosive somewhere, says De Graaf. "The school is being evacuated and ambulances are taking injured people to hospital."
Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2021, 12:05:08 PM »

No No No

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
fruela

Medium Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2021, 12:24:14 PM »

No words for such horror. God bless the victims and all those who assist them.

Cry Cry Cry
Paulina

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2021, 02:52:09 PM »

That’s really not the best page to take out of the US playbook. Yikes.

I thought that other countries did not have the obscene access to guns that the US does.

This is very sad and tragic. Poor kids and teens.
anneboleyn

Warned
Medium Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2021, 06:40:13 PM »

Absolutely devastating for the entire community. Those poor children. Even if they made it out safely, who knows what horrors they have seen. My heart hurts for them.
thecrownjewelthief

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2021, 07:06:34 PM »

Just out of curiosity - do mass shootings in the US like this consistently make the news in other countries, or are people just not surprised that it happens here anymore? We’ve had several of these already this year (which is not to discount it at all - I find every one of them absolutely horrifying and I hate that certain people in our government refuse to do anything).
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2021, 09:32:58 PM »

What a tragedy. Those poor children. I've been to Kazan a few years ago. It's a lovely and small town (by Russian standards a village).

anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2021, 11:37:43 PM »

Just out of curiosity - do mass shootings in the US like this consistently make the news in other countries, or are people just not surprised that it happens here anymore? We’ve had several of these already this year (which is not to discount it at all - I find every one of them absolutely horrifying and I hate that certain people in our government refuse to do anything).

Could not agree more CJT. Remember when the suggestion was made that teachers be armed?  Because sure, that’s not asking too much of people who are already stressed out and grossly underpaid.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: