Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince Christian's confirmation  (Read 59397 times)
Cordelia Fitzgerald

Large Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: May 18, 2021, 11:28:43 PM »

She's a 14 y/o girl, for the forseeable future her vocabulary is going to consist of 3 things rude, bitchy and surly especially to her mother.

I do not agree.  While she is a teenage girl, snapping like that at her mother is unacceptable, especially in public with cameras around. 

Would you mind briefly summarizing what happened? 

Apparently Mary had told them to go with Margrethe, who was going back inside, and then called them back for a picture, and Isabella snapped, "didn't you say to go with grandma?  are you that gone?"

Thanks!  And wow...that's unacceptable.   Thumb down
lothwen

Warned
Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: May 18, 2021, 11:31:24 PM »

Unacceptable? Yeah, sure, but should she be dragged through the mud for it? Sheís 14, for goodness sake, and no 14 year old is well-behaved 24/7.
leatherface

Gigantic Member

Nigeria Nigeria

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: May 19, 2021, 01:20:12 AM »

She's a 14 y/o girl, for the forseeable future her vocabulary is going to consist of 3 things rude, bitchy and surly especially to her mother.

I do not agree.  While she is a teenage girl, snapping like that at her mother is unacceptable, especially in public with cameras around. 

It may be unacceptable for Isabella to publicly snap at her mother but it is not out of the realm of possibility given her age as this is the period when she will come into conflict with the adults in her life especially her mother.

Also, the fact that she said this in public hints, at least to me, that this was part of a bigger and long running conflict with her mother.

Unacceptable? Yeah, sure, but should she be dragged through the mud for it? Sheís 14, for goodness sake, and no 14 year old is well-behaved 24/7.

She will be the subject of conversation for such behaviour regardless of her station in life. Even if this matter was never reported to the press but was overheard by people, it would make the rounds and most adults will look unfavourably at her behaviour whether she is a princess of Denmark or the daughter of the local fishmonger.
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: May 19, 2021, 01:27:25 AM »

Picture how Mary might treat Izzy behind the scenes though. This is the woman who  snapped at her bridesmaids on the church steps on her wedding day!
anastasia beaverhausen

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: May 19, 2021, 01:30:50 AM »

Picture how Mary might treat Izzy behind the scenes though. This is the woman who  snapped at her bridesmaids on the church steps on her wedding day!

Yeah, I am cutting Isabella a ton of slack because Iím sure she is mimicking what she hears at home. ĎAre you that goneí sounds like something Mosh would say to Fred as he pours himself through the front door smelling of strange.
Aubiette

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: May 19, 2021, 01:51:30 AM »

This will not go over well but Iím sick of cutting todayís youth slack. I would never have talked to my mother that way because she would have knocked me into the middle of next week. Respect, consequences, accountability, and many other traits are missing from too many of todayís youth. Many of which are now adults. If Mary has any sense she nipped that in the bud when they got home. Cameras, microphones, and microscopes. Welcome to the dark side of royal privilege Isabella.
shoshanah

Ginormous Member

New Zealand New Zealand

getting ready for a date with Shosh

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: May 19, 2021, 01:55:40 AM »

This will not go over well but Iím sick of cutting todayís youth slack. I would never have talked to my mother that way because she would have knocked me into the middle of next week. Respect, consequences, accountability, and many other traits are missing from too many of todayís youth. Many of which are now adults. If Mary has any sense she nipped that in the bud when they got home. Cameras, microphones, and microscopes. Welcome to the dark side of royal privilege Isabella.

Exactly.  I know many young people who are well behaved and would never snap at a parent like that.  Maybe they'd say something once inside, but to be so loudly disrespectful? 

Star Aubiette

periwinkle

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: May 19, 2021, 02:04:38 AM »

It's both unacceptable and completely on brand for a teenage girl to sass her mama. It also sounds like Mary gave mixed messages and that's why Isabella sassed. Not saying it is right but this is what you get especially if the rumors of Mary being a mean girl are true. I'm sure actually I hope there was a conversation back home about what is and isn't acceptable because the teenager needs the boundaries set. But also Isabella needs to be taught coping skills and parents set the example with firmness and having a general atmosphere of humor and humility. However if Mary has a need to be picture perfect it will not be obeyed. You can see a teenage side eye coming a mile away.
anastasia beaverhausen

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: May 19, 2021, 02:16:16 AM »

Iím very willing because this is really the result of very bad parenting. She is 14, and has a lot of growing up still to do.  Most girls are exploring their limits at that age, and she doesnít seem to have parents who put their kids first.  Iíll judge her more harshly the closer she gets to adulthood.

ETA:  I agree peri.
Aubiette

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: May 19, 2021, 02:51:32 AM »

Iím very willing because this is really the result of very bad parenting. She is 14, and has a lot of growing up still to do.  Most girls are exploring their limits at that age, and she doesnít seem to have parents who put their kids first.  Iíll judge her more harshly the closer she gets to adulthood.

ETA:  I agree peri.

Yeah Iím totally criticizing the parenting but also not withholding all responsibility from Isabella. Parents have to teach acceptable behavior but kids will also be kids and screw up. I get that. Sheís 14, not 4, so either speaking that way to her mom is the norm, or a one off that needs to be reined in. What happens now, the consequences, are whatís important. Either her parents teach her how to act or the media and public will go after her and things like this as she gets older.
SvenskaSarah

Big Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: May 19, 2021, 03:41:39 AM »

It's not the most appropriate response from Isabella, and I'm sure she won't repeat this mistake, but...

- she, nor her siblings, have ever had the parenting to teach her acceptable behaviour or etiquette
- she is also a teenager.
- she perhaps wanted to accompany Daisy, an elderly woman, into church, as opposed to standing around for photos.
- perhaps she may not like photo calls, what child does?
- perhaps she didn't want to upset or confuse her grandmother by not accompanying her into church? Or going against against an unbeknownst itinerary?
- maybe she is a girl who gets nervous around changing plans, or a stream of unknown photographers. For her maybe this was a personal event as opposed to a royal one?
- or, and this is my initial response: perhaps she is fed up of a lifetime of her mother changing plans to fit in an apt photo-op. Mares' fake, cosmetic smile was the centrepiece of all of the photos published.

I am sure that in time, she will learn to bite her tongue. Mosh and Frodo aren't the most organised at the best of times, and if I was in Izzys shoes, I too would be confused about where I should be, and perhaps worried about getting it wrong and then be tarnished all over the media. Of course I wouldn't snap but I'm not a teen in the heat of that moment. But it seems that this event did not have the military precision and planning as, say, a BRF event (and why should it, it's a very private event).

Izzy has a lot to learn about being a person in front of the cameras, and in time she will learn, and I am sure that she will become an asset to the DRF, should she wish to be. She's not quite as bad as her mother who actively pursues the camera, as demonstrated here in a way. In this one exchange, I feel we got a glimpse of not simply a teenage bratty outburst, but of a built up resentment towards her mother which, if we look at Izzy's upbringing, is justified and understandable. For some reason  I get Anne vibes from her: no fuss, wanting to get on with things etc. This was her brother's confirmation, maybe she does not yet fully understand the public need for such photographs? Izzy definitely seems different to her mother, and I think Denmark, aswell as royal watchers, will be thankful of this.

As for my point about parenting, I can completely envisage Daisy, or even Marie, being the guidance of how to behave, what is acceptable and what is not, court etiquette etc, as opposed to Frodo and Mary, who behave badly at the best of times. I'm still amazed that Josie didn't have a bratty moment! But I think that a child's behaviour is largely reflective of, or in response to, their parents.
Harley
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Denmark Denmark

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: May 19, 2021, 08:44:12 AM »

It's not the most appropriate response from Isabella, and I'm sure she won't repeat this mistake, but...

- she, nor her siblings, have ever had the parenting to teach her acceptable behaviour or etiquette
- she is also a teenager.
- she perhaps wanted to accompany Daisy, an elderly woman, into church, as opposed to standing around for photos.
- perhaps she may not like photo calls, what child does?
- perhaps she didn't want to upset or confuse her grandmother by not accompanying her into church? Or going against against an unbeknownst itinerary?
- maybe she is a girl who gets nervous around changing plans, or a stream of unknown photographers. For her maybe this was a personal event as opposed to a royal one?
- or, and this is my initial response: perhaps she is fed up of a lifetime of her mother changing plans to fit in an apt photo-op. Mares' fake, cosmetic smile was the centrepiece of all of the photos published.

I am sure that in time, she will learn to bite her tongue. Mosh and Frodo aren't the most organised at the best of times, and if I was in Izzys shoes, I too would be confused about where I should be, and perhaps worried about getting it wrong and then be tarnished all over the media. Of course I wouldn't snap but I'm not a teen in the heat of that moment. But it seems that this event did not have the military precision and planning as, say, a BRF event (and why should it, it's a very private event).

Izzy has a lot to learn about being a person in front of the cameras, and in time she will learn, and I am sure that she will become an asset to the DRF, should she wish to be. She's not quite as bad as her mother who actively pursues the camera, as demonstrated here in a way. In this one exchange, I feel we got a glimpse of not simply a teenage bratty outburst, but of a built up resentment towards her mother which, if we look at Izzy's upbringing, is justified and understandable. For some reason  I get Anne vibes from her: no fuss, wanting to get on with things etc. This was her brother's confirmation, maybe she does not yet fully understand the public need for such photographs? Izzy definitely seems different to her mother, and I think Denmark, aswell as royal watchers, will be thankful of this.

As for my point about parenting, I can completely envisage Daisy, or even Marie, being the guidance of how to behave, what is acceptable and what is not, court etiquette etc, as opposed to Frodo and Mary, who behave badly at the best of times. I'm still amazed that Josie didn't have a bratty moment! But I think that a child's behaviour is largely reflective of, or in response to, their parents.

This. I could not agree more.

I want to add this. I remember a clip from a documentary (I canít remember the name) where we see Marie and Joachim rehearsing the walk towards MÝgeltÝnder Church at Henrikís babtism. Every step of that walk was completely choreographed and planned down to the last detail. It was very professional.

I imagine two things could have happened.

1) Fred and Mary didnít bother with that part ahead of Christianís big day. I find this one unlikely since it likely wouldnít be their choice. Iím guessing thereís a procedure for this, that choreographing and rehearsing is always done. Surely, planning MUST have happened.

2) They DID choreograph but Mosh wanted more photos so she changed the plan on the spot, which frustrated Isabella, who might already have been a little nervous from the photographers and everything else (perhaps everyone was a little stressed from getting ready before they left home).

RainbowUnicorn68

Micro Member

Denmark Denmark

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: May 19, 2021, 08:52:55 AM »

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, most people found Isabella's reaction cute. Then yesterday a Danish comedian reacted saying what I thought as well. At 14 years I would not have gotten away with mouthing off at my mother like that.
onar

Humongous Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: May 19, 2021, 09:13:32 AM »

It was natural reaction for a teenage kid, especially feeling pressure because of the photographers and the public duty it comes with their position. If they were any other family in Danemark, Christian's confirmation would be a small family event but now comes with cameras, protocol and extra pressure.
I's sure Isabella won't repeat this behaviour in public. I want to believe that was a good lesson, a harmless one.

I read in a post here that some magazines concider Izzy being her mother's fashion antagonist and that's just gross. Absolutely disgusting comparing a teenage girl with a woman in her 40s (nearly 50s) and promoting a feud between mother and daughter. That's a shame and IMO whoever wrote these articles should be called on that and apologise. This attitude needs to change.

getafix

Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: May 19, 2021, 10:05:50 AM »

Poor girls look soooo old-fashioned. SRSLY, the wide-legged trousers are horrible on Izzy.

[/quote]

Isn't there a photo of MEdiana when she first joined walking in seriously wide legged cream coloured trousers across a courtyard like this one, with Jokke and Alex and Frodo?

anyone else remember that shot?

MEdiana was pretending to be talking with her arms out stretched as if she was doing the butterfly stroke in a olympic pool...while the others tried to pretend to be ahrm....listening...

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: