Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince Christian's confirmation  (Read 48985 times)
periwinkle

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: May 21, 2021, 10:23:38 PM »

Goodness what was wrong with Isabella's feet when she was a tot? I can see Christian's flat head now you don't lose your rear cerebellum from sleeping on your back as a baby.
TheMorWearsPrada

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: May 22, 2021, 09:58:32 AM »

Without going too OT, seeing another royal start to "spill" about their upbringing made me think of Izzy right away and what she might have to say about Mor and Derf in the future. If they couldn't even be bothered to get her a pair of shoes without holes in them for a photocall when she was a toddler (and with all the money they have, they don't have the excuse of not being able to afford another pair of shoes until their next pay check), I don't want to think about how neglected she was behind closed doors.

Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: May 22, 2021, 09:24:32 PM »

There was a lot of speculation that Isabella had issues with her feet. I think the first time we saw her stand unaided was just before she turned two.
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: May 25, 2021, 10:10:25 PM »

Mares acted mature there ... When it happened she could not be sure that someone else heard it - if there was no camera, it would have never gone public. Plus: any reaction from Mares would have caused a counter reaction from Isabella again.

The girls is 14 and well aware of her status. I had many emotional blow ups with my parents - but never in public. At that age you simply know what should be private and what shouldn't.

Agreed. This is a problem of a girl in puberty acting out, much less of a Princess.
pocahontas

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: June 17, 2021, 05:59:03 AM »

Without going too OT, seeing another royal start to "spill" about their upbringing made me think of Izzy right away and what she might have to say about Mor and Derf in the future. If they couldn't even be bothered to get her a pair of shoes without holes in them for a photocall when she was a toddler (and with all the money they have, they don't have the excuse of not being able to afford another pair of shoes until their next pay check), I don't want to think about how neglected she was behind closed doors.

Just to remind the Dishers who weren't following M&F back in the day...
These worn booties with the hole that Izzy was wearing previously belonged to Christian. Christian!
The first born-royal princess of Denmark in decades was wearing her brother's hand-me-down, worn booties. They should've been disposed of after Christian was done with them (or saved as a keepsake if you're so inclined). But she kept them for a couple of years. Then she packed them in a suitcase for Izzy to wear on an official trip to Oz, and put them on Izzy for an official photo shoot. All very deliberate. And deplorable!

And this wasn't the only time Izzy wore Christian's hand me downs. She also wore his clothes when she was a toddler. Other clothes she wore were too big for her or too thin for the weather or low quality. She often looked like a Dickensian orphan. Mary clearly neglected her or felt she wasn't worthy of treating well.

I would not criticize a poor mother who dressed her young daughter in hand me downs - even her son's. But Mary was far from poor. Back then, she was really into Prada and other (mostly) non-Danish designers for herself. She regularly wore $700 designer shoes - often only once. And she couldn't be bothered to buy new (even discount) shoes for her daughter. Meanwhile Mary never neglected herself.

pocahontas

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: June 17, 2021, 06:23:58 AM »

Izzy is very pretty here. I like the idea of her outfit - the colors, the style. It's just too big for her. Jacket and pants are too long and too wide. Is this possibly one of Mary's pant suits?

Christian is all Donaldson: the narrow set eyes, the nose, the smile, the wide chin. I don't see Fred in his face at all.
Please someone take him to a proper barber. His hairstyle is just a shorter version of Mary's: center part with wings on either side.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: June 17, 2021, 08:01:09 AM »

Just to remind the Dishers who weren't following M&F back in the day...
These worn booties with the hole that Izzy was wearing previously belonged to Christian. Christian!
The first born-royal princess of Denmark in decades was wearing her brother's hand-me-down, worn booties. They should've been disposed of after Christian was done with them (or saved as a keepsake if you're so inclined). But she kept them for a couple of years. Then she packed them in a suitcase for Izzy to wear on an official trip to Oz, and put them on Izzy for an official photo shoot. All very deliberate. And deplorable!

And this wasn't the only time Izzy wore Christian's hand me downs. She also wore his clothes when she was a toddler. Other clothes she wore were too big for her or too thin for the weather or low quality. She often looked like a Dickensian orphan. Mary clearly neglected her or felt she wasn't worthy of treating well.

I would not criticize a poor mother who dressed her young daughter in hand me downs - even her son's. But Mary was far from poor. Back then, she was really into Prada and other (mostly) non-Danish designers for herself. She regularly wore $700 designer shoes - often only once. And she couldn't be bothered to buy new (even discount) shoes for her daughter. Meanwhile Mary never neglected herself.

I have worn hand downs of older brothers, but in general clothing that was still good and proper. Heee, as a teenager I even 'borrowed' shirts and such from my elder brothers closets  Grin

We certainly did not belong to the higher classes at home in terms of money, i.e. no Prada clothes, etc. However, we were certainly not poor either. My mother, like so many others, did not see why it always had to be new clothes, a lot of clothes were clearly passed on. But my mother had the condition that it should not be obvious to others, so not passed to direct class or clubmates of the children. And above all, the clothes had to be clean and whole.
pocahontas

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: June 17, 2021, 08:23:14 AM »

I have worn hand downs of older brothers, but in general clothing that was still good and proper. Heee, as a teenager I even 'borrowed' shirts and such from my elder brothers closets  Grin

We certainly did not belong to the higher classes at home in terms of money, i.e. no Prada clothes, etc. However, we were certainly not poor either. My mother, like so many others, did not see why it always had to be new clothes, a lot of clothes were clearly passed on. But my mother had the condition that it should not be obvious to others, so not passed to direct class or clubmates of the children. And above all, the clothes had to be clean and whole.

I have no issue with wearing old or used clothes. Often they have character and style that aren't found in current trends. And if the old clothes still look good and fit, why not wear them? I still wear clothes I bought 20 years ago.

I also have no issue with a wealthy person being thrifty and wearing old or used clothes and dressing her kids similarly. But that is the problem I see with Mary. She is not thrifty with herself. Not at all. She would NEVER, EVER wear poor quality clothes and shoes for a photoshoot. On the contrary, the shoots are fashion spreads for her, and she makes a point of wearing expensive designer items - often new. But she apparently has no problem with dressing her daughter poorly. And it's only Izzy. I don't think I've seen Xn and the twins poorly dressed like Izzy.

BTW, at 2 years old, I don't think Izzy was trying to make a fashion statement by wearing her brother's things. This was all Mary making a statement about how she felt about Izzy.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: June 17, 2021, 08:30:13 AM »

I have no issue with wearing old or used clothes. Often they have character and style that aren't found in current trends. And if the old clothes still look good and fit, why not wear them? I still wear clothes I bought 20 years ago.

I also have no issue with a wealthy person being thrifty and wearing old or used clothes and dressing her kids similarly. But that is the problem I see with Mary. She is not thrifty with herself. Not at all. She would NEVER, EVER wear poor quality clothes and shoes for a photoshoot. On the contrary, the shoots are fashion spreads for her, and she makes a point of wearing expensive designer items - often new. But she apparently has no problem with dressing her daughter poorly. And it's only Izzy. I don't think I've seen Xn and the twins poorly dressed like Izzy.

BTW, at 2 years old, I don't think Izzy was trying to make a fashion statement by wearing her brother's things. This was all Mary making a statement about how she felt about Izzy.

That's what made it irritating for me too. Mary who spent so much money on her clothes and her looks while her daughter showed up in torn second hand clothes. At an age when she couldn't help it herself, but her parents certainly could. And I can't believe that Fred wouldn't notice either and/or that he wouldn't do anything about it.... There is nothing wrong with second hand clothing, especially for children as they grow out of clothing quickly, but provided it is whole and clean.
TheMorWearsPrada

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: June 19, 2021, 09:02:50 AM »

I have worn hand downs of older brothers, but in general clothing that was still good and proper. Heee, as a teenager I even 'borrowed' shirts and such from my elder brothers closets  Grin

That's what made it irritating for me too. Mary who spent so much money on her clothes and her looks while her daughter showed up in torn second hand clothes. At an age when she couldn't help it herself, but her parents certainly could. And I can't believe that Fred wouldn't notice either and/or that he wouldn't do anything about it.... There is nothing wrong with second hand clothing, especially for children as they grow out of clothing quickly, but provided it is whole and clean.

This is exactly my issue with Izzy's shoes.

My family wasn't poor growing up, but I often wore hand-me-downs from my older cousin because the clothes were still in good condition and it was wasteful for my aunt to throw them out. Often they'd only been worn a few times since we have school uniforms in my country so kids use casual clothes less than in countries without uniforms. I didn't mind it, in fact, there were times I liked a certain item of clothing belonging to my cousin and was excited when it became mine a year or two later (I remember being really excited to inherit a pink Minnie Mouse hoodie she'd outgrown when I was about 7).

My issue is that those shoes were in terrible condition, and should have been long thrown out. It's not like they were a poor family trying their best with the limited resources available to them. I'd be a lot more forgiving if that was the case. They could very easily afford to Izzy a pair of nice clean shoes without holes in them, and made an active choice not to do so.

shoshanah

Ginormous Member

New Zealand New Zealand

getting ready for a date with Shosh

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: June 19, 2021, 02:46:06 PM »

There is a picture of Mary grabbing Isabella by the hair while she is talking to someone.

pocahontas

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: June 20, 2021, 06:30:41 AM »

This is exactly my issue with Izzy's shoes.

My family wasn't poor growing up, but I often wore hand-me-downs from my older cousin because the clothes were still in good condition and it was wasteful for my aunt to throw them out. Often they'd only been worn a few times since we have school uniforms in my country so kids use casual clothes less than in countries without uniforms. I didn't mind it, in fact, there were times I liked a certain item of clothing belonging to my cousin and was excited when it became mine a year or two later (I remember being really excited to inherit a pink Minnie Mouse hoodie she'd outgrown when I was about 7).

My issue is that those shoes were in terrible condition, and should have been long thrown out. It's not like they were a poor family trying their best with the limited resources available to them. I'd be a lot more forgiving if that was the case. They could very easily afford to Izzy a pair of nice clean shoes without holes in them, and made an active choice not to do so.
Further, they made an active choice to pack Xn's old worn shoes in the suitcase for the official trip to Oz. They could've left them in Denmark. Obviously, the shoes were a strong candidate to be worn on the trip. What kind of person connives to do that to her toddler daughter?
shoshanah

Ginormous Member

New Zealand New Zealand

getting ready for a date with Shosh

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: June 20, 2021, 06:05:39 PM »

Or when she put her bag on top of Isabella.

The hair pic

anastasia beaverhausen

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: June 20, 2021, 09:24:32 PM »

Those are awful!  Poor Izzy.
Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: June 21, 2021, 05:35:25 PM »

Or shoving Isabella in the back at that family Christening.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: