Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: May 28, 2020 - Princess Leonor's confirmation  (Read 8642 times)
bumbershoot

Warned
Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2021, 08:57:28 AM »

I don't remember having sponsors for confirmation. We wore rented gowns. The boys were bright red, worn over white shirts. The girls' gowns were white with red collars and red felt beanies because we still had to have our heads covered at mass.

I wonder if the bishop still slaps the confirmands on the face?
Todayonly

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2021, 02:57:50 PM »

We didnít have to wear white here in the States (New Mexico)thought many did wear white.  I was 16 when I was confirmed and my classes lasted a year. Iíve been told that conformation classes now last two years!
anastasia beaverhausen

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2021, 02:59:54 PM »

We didnít have to wear white here in the States (New Mexico)thought many did wear white.  I was 16 when I was confirmed and my classes lasted a year. Iíve been told that conformation classes now last two years!

Say hello to a Confirmation class dropout.
Isabel

Small Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2021, 09:36:38 AM »

They ARE a lovely family, agreed. And if there isnít much emphasis on fashion, well thatís okay, too. I wouldnít want to see the girls be clothes horses, either.

I agree. They seem almost normal, like an (upper class) family you might see anywhere.

Which I think is a testament to the way Leti and Felipe have chosen to bring up their kids.

They are dressing like a normal family.  Honestly many of you have not been to Spain/ or keep comparing the Spanish Royal family with other royal families.

I've mentioned before that dressing formally is rare in Spain.  If you look at the pictures where other parents are around, Letizia is just another mother dressed in pants.  Women do pants in Spain in a big way!  it's how we dress.  I've seen jeans and shorts in church, as long as they are not hot pants, no problem  There are few occasions Spaniards do formal dressing - a wedding or a funeral are pretty much it.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: